Thread: The Orgah appreciation thread

Default The Orgah appreciation thread

Today i learned yet again that a long time Orgah had passed away suddenly and it got me thinking, just in case the Org will disappear in the great blue of internets. I want to thank all of you Orgah´s ive met here in these forums from ever since 2005 when i first joined this forum. Most have left,some are dead,some still lurk, some active,nevertheless. All just as important.

There are too many whom ive crossed paths here in this forums to mention you all, but i just want to say to you all, so it will be said: Thank you. Thank you all for everything i have experienced here. All the things good and bad, sad and funny. It has had a profound effect to me these past 14 years and i would never give anything away from it. Thank you.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Members thankful for this post (11):

+ Show/Hide List

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: The Orgah appreciation thread

I was thinking about this when reading about the most recent passing, this is like the 5th or 6th one. Then I remember I've been here 15 years.

This is literally the longest thing I have ever done. I have been here longer than I haven't. I am not sure what that means.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

I was older than Strike is now when I joined in 2005.

Gawain's Brother, TosaInu, Horetore, now Frags....

And Kukri's voice somewhat muted.

Saddening...

"The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (4):

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Chipping in on this - I joined when I was barely a teenager, literally joining this forum while I was in my computer class at middle school / secondary. I met some Orgahs in real life, learned a lot of things here and I managed to significantly expand my knowledge of both the world and how people think.

I am extremely thankful for this place and for the people here.

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Members thankful for this post (7):

+ Show/Hide List

The .org has been a refuge for me, of vital importance i must add - as i'm sure to others

Special thanks to TosaInu, CBR, Ra's al Ghul, Tomisama, Togakure and most of all to Puzz3D as well as everyone that played samurai wars with us, plus Caravel, Martok, drone, stazi end everyone in the MTW section of the forums.

Its been quite a run

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

It's been better than a decade since I joined the ORG, and it's still one of the first places on my speed dial that I look after starting up in the morning. All the discussions with folks halfway around the world that I will probably never get to meet in person, yet here we could find common ground to talk about our passion for Total War games, politics, religion, or just plain silliness.

Thank You to everyone I've had the privilege to carry on a dialogue with
    High Plains Drifter

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Oh noble moderators:

I would not object were this thread 'stickied.'

Thanks.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantSamurai View Post
    All the discussions with folks halfway around the world that I will probably never get to meet in person, yet here we could find common ground to talk about our passion for Total War games, politics, religion, or just plain silliness.
    And behind all that there will be way more: a deep underecurrent connection from life's similar troubles and similar personalities to take their burden.. believe it or not [and despite never having met them], there have been orgahs that i've seen in dreams..

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    Oh noble moderators:

Thanks.
    Make that two of us, oh noble ones

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Oh noble moderators:

Thanks.
    I don't see why not.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Members thankful for this post (2):

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Every so often, I remember my formative years. This place is very much part of that.

I'm not sure anywhere else on the internet at the time would of had someone make a high-quality RTW faction icon, of a Lightbulb against a blue background. All in commemoration of a thread borne of the unfocused rage of an 11 year old. We're on EBII now. I did some googling and it's surreal seeing the name Bartix on a facebook post from 3 years ago from some random greek guy making an in-joke to the devs.

If anyone wants to add me on Steam, feel free. My name there is the same as my name here!

Goodness these ancient smilies take me back.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OVvJOeUdUs

EDIT: If this post is in an inappropiate place, please delete it / move it.
    Last edited by Abokasee; 10-08-2021 at 20:17. Reason: Amendment
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Bartix is always forever welcome here.

GAH BARTIX!

Proud

Been to:

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

20 years membership!! Do I get a watch or something?

I was checking my stored passwords and ran into forums.totalwar.org. Had to check if it still worked. Long time no see. Any one still active from the early 2000's ??
    Status Emeritus

Members thankful for this post (5):

We are right now playing game of mafia. I havent been playing here in years. Good to see you Sigurd! Hope life has been good to you.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Member thankful for this post:

Sigurd 

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Congrats on the check back in. Not a lot of activity anymore, guess forums are for us 'boomers' but it doesn't help that the recent TW games have only been so-so quality.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Member thankful for this post:

Sigurd 

Personally not a fan of them, but recent TW games have met unprecedented success, at least in terms of pre-orders and active players. It's just that newcomers prefer other platforms to communicate, like Discord, so traditional forums, like Org, TWC and even the official CA ones, are declining.

Anyway, it's been so long, I'm almost as old as the veterans were, when I registered. Small but persistent community!