Thread: Rainbow Six 3

Default Rainbow Six 3

This was released more than a decade ago. It's probably the last of the Rainbow Six series in which the player plans out the team's movements. It's both a strategic and an fps game.

This is single-player mode. In this mode, you can set the movement plan of your A.I. teammates. During the fight, you can jump to another A.I. player and take control.

This is co-op mode.
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 02-15-2019 at 07:04.
    Wooooo!!!

Default Re: Rainbow Six 3

My memories from Rainbow Six games are mostly about the AI turning 180° and headshotting me from 50-100m away in literally a millisecond, like an aimbot. I do admit I didn't play the games extensively, but it was largely owed to these rather frustrating experiences that made me sneaking up to them feel unrewarding.

Although SWAT 4 had a few similar moments, it felt a lot more realistic in that sense, so I preferred that one back in the day, although the planning was more ad-hoc.

If you like to plan tactical engagements, I would recommend DoorKickers, though you can't jump into anyone there.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I remember the first Rainbow Six Vegas game being absolutely incredible, but punishing. I actually fired it up like a year ago and by god is it punishing. I probably reloaded the same save on the first mission like 4-5 times before I got through it. But I remember that when I played it many years ago being absolutely entranced by it.

Also +1 for Doorkickers. A really fun game that Ive played for many hours. Mods help a lot and add new missions.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 02-08-2019 at 05:04.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Here's a game that's similar to Rainbow Six:

Wooooo!!!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Rainbow Six is free to play this weekend on Steam, by the way, great way to try it out. I kinda really like the game.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?