a simple way to mod the game, since doing this i have been tested to the limits by the AI....in the battles

first open your rtw folder and select data, go to the descr_battle_map_movement...i then changed any value of 1.0 to 0.8 anything else changed to 0.5 its really simple and makes the game more strategic imo, then save it

then <this is the annoying part> go to the export_descr_unit file in either BI or regualr RTW <whatever u want to play> and and add 4 points to the mental value <morale> of all units. next to the value of the mental morale is the discipline correct it to normal instead of low where needed <mostly just the peasants> <hint> when entering the export_descr_unit file hold CTRL and F, then type mental, to quickly cycle down and change the values SAVE it and enjoy

this should give most units besides peasants "good morale" pictish spearmen actually put up a fight, even without a real general and dont rout after 1 or 2 volleys of javelins

BI and regualr RTW need to be changed individually regarding the export_descr_unit file...i only play BI, so thats all i changed.

this really makes the game a hell of a greater challenge than normal

i hope this help those who are looking for more of a challenge but dont know much about mods.