Thread: TW Org is now 20 Years Old!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default TW Org is now 20 Years Old!

Time flies, and it flies fast...

Total War Org, the first TW Org fansite in fact, is now 20 years of age!

As described by our fellow "site-opener" Kurando, the Org has been launched on the 10th of April 1999 - 20 years ago - a full 14 months before the first S:TW game was released. The original forum was a tripod message board and that the original team transitioned into Uniboard just before the game was released because of a massive influx of people. The website covered initially the first TW game - Shogun TW - and then became the home of TW alongside PlanetTotalWar, which no longer exists. For more than 20 years the Org has been a reliable, and very much loved place, of all things Total War, allowing both fans & modders to come together and enjoy the TW franchise.

From one thing led to another and soon the TW Org became a hotbed of activity, culminating in a frenzy back in the 2005 - 2008 era. As such, TW Org Staff & Members would like to first thank CA for creating these awesome games, and for also being TW Org members, and of course the entire community that was around here.

To some of us, myself very much included, the Org has had a significant impact on our lives and we want to express our gratitude to everyone who helped shape it.

And as a final note - Ja mata Tosa Inu and the rest of our members who are not with us today any more.

Thank you so much everyone!

Org Team
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 04-11-2019 at 02:05.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Members thankful for this post (9):

+ Show/Hide List

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Default Re: TW Org is now 20 Years Old!

20 years in human-time is an eternity in internet-time!

Thanks for the hard work of the admins and mods, and especially thanks to the patrons of this forum; without you, this place would be nothing.

K-man
    Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Members thankful for this post (3):

And as a final note - Ja mata Tosa Inu and the rest of our members who are not with us today any more.
    Absent friends.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Members thankful for this post (2):

Also - just a note, and I hope CA sees this - I hope TW will be around for the next 20-30 years!

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Hello dear people
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Member thankful for this post:

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I have spent far too much of the past 15 years on the this website, but I don't really know a better way to have spent the time.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Csargo 

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Hello dear people
    Long time no see mate.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Kas 

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I have spent far too much of the past 15 years on the this website, but I don't really know a better way to have spent the time.
    Hear hear!

Proud

Been to: