Thread: Epirus v Pergamon city fight crash

Post Epirus v Pergamon city fight crash

2.35, I'm Epeiros, fighting Pergamon and I've gotten reproducible CTDs when fighting at the cities of Pergamon and Sardis (so far). Doesn't matter if I assault or if they attack at the end of a siege. Attached is the log, hopefully it helps, let me know if I can give any other info. Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Epirus v Pergamon city fight crash

There isn't a terminating error in that log, is it the one from immediately after the crash?

Are you using Large Address Aware (you need to download it and apply if you haven't done so)?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Yup right after the crash. I think I have applied the patch, but I'll do it again just to be sure.

::edit:: should have mentioned at the beginning that it CTDs with a medieval 2 error box saying "unspecified error. please compress your error log blah blah"

After applying the laa patch (I guess I hadn't applied it before) it now CTDs with a Mtw2: fatal graphics error message. Says it's usually caused by having graphics options set too high. I've lowered my settings quite a bit and tried again, same crash.

::edit again:: Whoa, something is wrong here. After using the laa patch my performance has gone into the ditch, I can't fight any battle without it turning into a slideshow. Even with all graphics settings set to minimal I'm getting like 5fps. I've got a 1050ti and 16 gb of ram...
    Last edited by Blooo; 04-10-2019 at 04:57.

Sorry for double post, but just thought i should check in. After a day and a reboot or two it looks like performance is now good using the laa patch, not sure what that was all about. I still crash every time loading a fight at those two cities though. No biggie, good ole auto resolve fixes that. Anyway, thanks for your help!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

LAA should make it better, not worse. By default M2TW can only use 2GB of RAM, LAA allows it to use up to 4GB.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR