Thread: Launcher and Another Question

Default Launcher and Another Question

A few questions:

The .exe on my desktop would not open EBII properly, so I deleted it and launched the game from Steam instead. Everything seemed to work fine, but then I found out I could not see the season because I did not launch using a shortcut. I found the .bat and used that, and can now see the seasons. First, did I mess up the in-game script by launching from steam similar to playing EB1 without activating the script, or am I okay to play as normal? Should I restart? Also, is the .bat file a correct way to launch the game, or should I really use the launcher with the icon?

Last question...

There are times when I am about to enter battle and receive a message saying I need to turn my graphics down (goes without saying I don't believe this is the issue with a modern PC). Is there a known fix for this?

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Launcher and Another Question

You don't need to "activate the script", that was a legacy artifact of the RTW engine in EB1 which doesn't apply here.

There are two launcher icons, you should be using the Steam one (and delete the other one, since it's not applicable for your setup).

You need to download and apply Large Address Aware. It doesn't matter what the specs of your PC are, the game is limited to use only 2GB of RAM unless you adjust the executable with a compiler flag like LAA.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Default Re: Launcher and Another Question

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You don't need to "activate the script", that was a legacy artifact of the RTW engine in EB1 which doesn't apply here.

There are two launcher icons, you should be using the Steam one (and delete the other one, since it's not applicable for your setup).

You need to download and apply Large Address Aware. It doesn't matter what the specs of your PC are, the game is limited to use only 2GB of RAM unless you adjust the executable with a compiler flag like LAA.
    Thank you! This was exactly the kind of answer I was hoping for. Unfortunately I deleted the steam launcher, but if I run Launcher.bat, it open it up in Steam just fine.