Thread: Sol Pais Columbine Self-Righteous Suicide

Default Sol Pais Columbine Self-Righteous Suicide

She was so retro. Aesthetic, even.*

https://dissolvedgirl.neocities.org/

https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/sol-pais/

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In an unusual case, mentally-disturbed and socially-alienated (to an archetypical degree) high school girl became fascinated with death and school shootings, got on a plane to Colorado from Florida, immediately bought a shotgun and made some school shooting threats, then hiked off into the hills and killed herself.

TLDR, this was what her journal looked like:

*When I say this, I mean my theory is she was to the style and cultural concept of "emo" and "school shooter" what Kylo Ren was to Darth Vader.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 04-18-2019 at 01:49.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sol Pais Columbine Self-Righteous Suicide

Darwin award. I'm sure her family feels her loss keenly. The rest of us can well do without her.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

She was so obsessed with Columbine that her website appears to have been made in the era of that tragedy.

I am happy that there was no mass shooting, but I also wish that this person received the mental help that they needed. It's all so bizarre.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

If only Kliebold and Harris had taken her path.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Apparently she had not made any threats, but was considered a threat because police were aware of her online journal. An imprecise reading of early reports on my part, I apologize.

The juxtaposition of police capabilities and impotence is something to think about.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post

The juxtaposition of police capabilities and impotence is something to think about.
    *stares off into the distance* *internal screaming*
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    *stares off into the distance* *internal screaming*
    Your Government knows about everything you do - they just can't be bothered to intervene.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]