Poll: I will vote for

This poll will close on 06-25-2031 at 16:43 Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: EU Elections 2019

Default EU Elections 2019

So, in one month we have the elections for the next European Parliament. The strongest participants are firstly the People's Party and secondly the Social-Democrats. In the conservative side, we also have the liberals of ALDE and the conservatives of ECR, whose platform I find identical with that of the PP. On the left, there are the Greens and the United Left, whose names are self-explanatory. Last but not least, the Eurosceptic front is composed of Farage's soft version (EFDD) and the openly far-right ENF. There are also the non-attached chaps, whose membership ranges from Latvian agrarians to unrepentant Nazis. Neither of them has either joined a larger coalition or has succeeded in forming a group of his own. Personally, I will vote for the CPG, whose European political group (established by CPG itself) is the INITIATIVE. Of course, there is no chance that it will reach the necessary 25 members, as from the around 30 parties cooperating with the INITIATIVE, only CPG is popular enough to elect its representatives in the Parliament.

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

Default Re: EU Elections 2019

the major eu groupings are all in flux, and we won't know the power blocs until all the post election mergers and disollutions have happened.

probably by july.

will fidesz remain in the EPP, or will they leave after the election results for maximum effect.
    will fidesz join PIS in the ECR, will they be joined by other elements of the populist right.
    with ukip and tories leaving, will that collapse EFFD and cause the remainder to coalesce around ECR or Marine LePen's group.

will Macron's vision implode, forcing him to join ALDE.

will the populists on the left grow as much as the right.

what damage will all this do the incumbent titans of the federalist centre-left/right (PES/EPP).

Interesting times!

------------------------------------

on a separate note - with Lord Buckethead going up against Nigel Farage I simply cannot lose. *gets popcorn*
    Last edited by Furunculus; 04-26-2019 at 07:29.
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

I think Everyone should be voting for respective Green Parties.

If you think about it, the Left and the Right have been sharing Power of this world for at least the last 150 Years, in various countries/regions etc.

And the world is still not a better place, we still have suffering, Wars, Poverty and Social Injustices and Economical turmoil all over the place.

Well, you know what they say? "Expecting different results by doing the same thing, is a sign of mental illness."

Now, I am not saying that in some countries things are not better, but, when one country does good at the expense of 5 others. This is not actually good for the world or in the long run.

I am talking a better world here, not a better "insert your country" here.

And on top of it, we managed to ignore the Planet's issues for almost 60 years too. Since the 60's we were warned about Pollution and Climate Change.

And today people seem to be most concerned about Immigration and economy...however, they neglect the fact that if the environment continues to be destroyed and nothing is done to prevent changes, catastrophe will hit us all.

And then, you will have Hundreds of millions of people to billions of people that are going to be displaced and emigrate to other places.

This will be much more than the thousands to hundreds of thousands that have been displaced by Geopolitical Wars. Lets see how people deal with that in terms of immigration.

As for the economy, does anyone really think that it will be "business as usual" if the environment goes? The economy will collapse...

So, without environment, very bad economy and very dire immigration issues are pending. The environment needsto get prcednce and how we do things really changed.

And I think only Green parties are able to do this because these are the parties that have the motivation and goal to change things, parties that have never been in power and are thus not corrupted or colluding with the big financial interests which are really deciding for the world.

Only green parties have the Political will to carry forward real change in my opinion. And as such I think every single person in their respective countries should support their Green parties for real change, change that will have an impact on the planet and for everyone.

I am glad that Greens are on the rise in the EU parliament.
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

Member thankful for this post:

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

The Green Parties are just a certain kind of Left-Wing - they're not offering anything new except packaging.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    the major eu groupings are all in flux, and we won't know the power blocs until all the post election mergers and disollutions have happened.

probably by july.

will fidesz remain in the EPP, or will they leave after the election results for maximum effect.
    will fidesz join PIS in the ECR, will they be joined by other elements of the populist right.
    with ukip and tories leaving, will that collapse EFFD and cause the remainder to coalesce around ECR or Marine LePen's group.

will Macron's vision implode, forcing him to join ALDE.

will the populists on the left grow as much as the right.

what damage will all this do the incumbent titans of the federalist centre-left/right (PES/EPP).

Interesting times!

------------------------------------

on a separate note - with Lord Buckethead going up against Nigel Farage I simply cannot lose. *gets popcorn*
    Well, Macron's lot appear to have joined ALDE, confusingly referred to in UK press as "the liberal democrats".

And PES/EPP lost about 120 seats beween them to populists and greens.
    Last edited by Furunculus; 05-28-2019 at 07:35.
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

If you think about it, the Left and the Right have been sharing Power of this world for at least the last 150 Years, in various countries/regions etc.

And the world is still not a better place, we still have suffering, Wars, Poverty and Social Injustices and Economical turmoil all over the place.
    Are you serious?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    The Green Parties are just a certain kind of Left-Wing - they're not offering anything new except packaging.
    As is so often the case, they tend to be rather "solution-lite". Yes, there's little in their goals I disagree with but beyond some plain chant whining and saying everything is unfair and needs to be fixed... there's little substance.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    As is so often the case, they tend to be rather "solution-lite". Yes, there's little in their goals I disagree with but beyond some plain chant whining and saying everything is unfair and needs to be fixed... there's little substance.

Just like Brexit. What's Leave's manifesto? Will Leavers take responsibility for the consequences of leaving?

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Just like Brexit. What's Leave's manifesto? Will Leavers take responsibility for the consequences of leaving?
    Sadly my future was destroyed before I could vote when we were taken into Europe without the People bieng asked.

Remainers seem to continue to shirk their role on bieng the root cause and continue to want to waste time better spent trying to undo the damage they have done for over 30 years.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Maybe when we actually leave?

We have a whole thread for you to shiek about how terrible it is, it's honestly a bad sign you seem to be unable to compartmentalise.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conservatives are lining up to get appointed as head of the UK Super Villain Society.

You look at the list and there is only despair with the choices on offer.
    "You failed at Education, You certainly failed at Health, and... well, for you... 'former foreign secretary' doesn't summarise the colossal mess you did."

I would be in favour of an outsider for sure. At least they haven't had the opportunity to screw-up yet.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Are you seriously labelling the Conservative and Unionist Party the "UK Super Villain Society"?

Beskar 

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Sadly my future was destroyed before I could vote when we were taken into Europe without the People bieng asked.

Remainers seem to continue to shirk their role on bieng the root cause and continue to want to waste time better spent trying to undo the damage they have done for over 30 years.

Do you complain about being taken into NATO, Five Eyes, etc. without being asked either?

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    Maybe when we actually leave?

We have a whole thread for you to shiek about how terrible it is, it's honestly a bad sign you seem to be unable to compartmentalise.
    Are you now saying that Brexit is nothing to do with the European elections? Heck you have the far right in Denmark drawing back their anti-European agenda because they've seen what Brexit is like.

If you're going to act the jaded wise old head, apply your standards across the board. If you're mocking others for only having cliched non-concrete solutions to problems, apply your standards to your positions. If you're going to hold principled positions, accept the consequences of your positions.

Me, I've applied the logic of my arguments to all positions I've held. Where they've made me uncomfortable, I've accepted the consequences nonetheless, or changed my position. But I've consistently applied my logic to my positions.

please, just keep droning on about your own personal little obsession.
    we all appreciate it, we really do.

Do you complain about being taken into NATO, Five Eyes, etc. without being asked either?
    as has been pointed out to you a million times already:

there is an enormous and fundamental difference between a strictly limited intergovernmental mutual defence treaty and an explicitly evolving supranational political union that touches an ever greater breadth of domestic societal governance.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Are you now saying that Brexit is nothing to do with the European elections? Heck you have the far right in Denmark drawing back their anti-European agenda because they've seen what Brexit is like.
    Have you seen how well the Neo-Nazis did?

Company you keep.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Romania voted strongly pro-EU, much better than expected in fact, which will have some significant impact in the European Union down the line.

Due to the fact that most of the politicians elected are pro-EU, and with neither party clearly Euroskeptic / against EU, the Romanian bloc will carry quite some weight.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?