Thread: Obscurantism

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Obscurantism

We are probably screwed as a country. I listened to a conversation between a mechanical engineer and a PhD candidate for philosophy, both of them having studied and graduated from Greece's biggest and perhaps best university.

The first postponed his trip to Italy and marriage, because his pneumatikos (monks living outside monasteries and selling services to customers, like blessing or confessing) told him that a war between Turkey (who else?) is going to break out on Whit Monday. The reason for this prediction is that two images of Our Lady and Saint Paisios bled, a symbolic injury that was interpreted as a sign of war by the monks of a random monastery in Mount Athos. He's now busy buying rice and pasta in the nearby supermarket, in order not to starve to death during the upcoming war.

The PhD student was not only impressed by the prophecy, but he also congratulated him on subscribing to the Youtube channel of Neophytos, a bishop in Cyprus, who regularly publishes Christian miracles and "doom is near!" prophecies. He also explained that, according to the prophecies of Paisios, Erdogan is going to be overthrown by pro-Europe democrats and that WW3 is going to break out, because of overpopulation. Thankfully, neither Greece nor Cyprus will join the fray, but exactly half the population will die in the process. The most important consequence will be the Greek conquest of Istanbul, given to us by the Russians, in order to "Hagia Sophia".

They both suspect that the ruling center-left government is going to use the war to delay the elections and perpetuate its reign. After all, they are are very warm to the conspiracy-theory of SYRIZA (the center-leftist party) giving citizenship to Roma (our alternative Eurabia theory), of chemtrails brainwashing the people and of SYRIZA outright tampering the last elections. All in vain, though, because as Paisios mentioned, "blood will be shed on the Parliament in the summer".

As a result, given this sudden outburst of nostalgically Medieval superstition from our intellectual elite, I am convinced that the future of my country is completely hopeless.
    Last edited by Crandar; 06-11-2019 at 12:41. Reason: I'm dumb.