Thread: Getting 1.2 to run on Alex

Default Getting 1.2 to run on Alex

Hi guys,

After a long break I'm hoping to get EB running again. Is it possible to get 1.2 running on ALEX though without any further alterations to the 1.2 version?

I enjoy Alex EB mod but its very heavy and crashes a lot and results in me having to auto resolve a lot of battles due to the huge sizes of the armies involved.

Thanks!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Getting 1.2 to run on Alex

Welcome back to EB!

It's been a while since I looked into this, so I did a bit of Googling and came up with two threads. This old thread provides a detailed installation guide for EB on Alex. There is also a more recent one from an EB team member releasing his own EB Alexander mod. That mod isn't entirely vanilla EB, though.

Let me know if this helps.

Default Re: Getting 1.2 to run on Alex

Great thanks for the links!!!

I've been able to get the game running on 1.21 but I'm not sure if it's running on the Alex 1.9 engine. How can I check? As the version doesn't seem to be highlighted anywhere in the options screens.

Thanks!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    I've been able to get the game running on 1.21 but I'm not sure if it's running on the Alex 1.9 engine. How can I check? As the version doesn't seem to be highlighted anywhere in the options screens.
    I have no idea, TBH. Isn't the icon you use to start the game pointing to Alex 1.9?

Yeah it is, plus on my Seleucid campaign I'm actually getting my arse handed to me on a plate so I'm inclined to think the AI is showing Alex style aggression. Need to see if the AI retrains any units though as I know that's a trait of 1.9.