Thread: Transsexual Toilet Trouble

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    But please, tell this young lady her gender-identity is an artificial construct.
    Want to know what else is a social/artificial construct? Your national identity. Doesn't stop people getting upset when you point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    Remember, this started because Beskar intimated that the reason a union activist lost his job was not because of Brexit but because of his view on transgender use of bathrooms.
    I never intimated this. Though I indicated disdain for the 'male sexual predator in a dress around every corner' argument on this topic.

Frankly, given Beskar's own lack of sophistication I find this deeply ironic.
    When you accuse me of lack of sophistication, it is a compliment.

It is rather simple and easy to understand where my arguments come from. I am from the belief in constructing a positive future, eliminating divisions and creating a utopia not so dissimilar to the United Federation of Planets. I believe in a fair open society where people are not discriminated against based on arbitrary prejudice. I want a better future for all.

Speaking of Sci-Fi and the breaking down of barriers. A famous scene which offends your sensibilities is the Shower Scene from Starship Troopers (unable to post for obvious reasons). On the other-hand, I am completely fine with it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I also imagine on the discussion on breast feeding, you will talk about breast-feeding orthodoxy when I am accepting and for the practice of mothers feeding their babies in public areas opposed to shoo-ing them into smelly toilets to do it in private.

I suppose you also enforce current law which bars humanist celebrants from conducting marriages for non-religious people. Because you know, non-religious people do want to marry outside a registrar's office just like religious people's freedoms.

You just like to pop up and oppose everything. Where we actually do agree, you go out of your way to say we are vehemently opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    Have one thing with unisex cubicles and another with unisex urinals.
    I am sure I have read somewhere about a school who had unisex bathroom facilities. The cubicles are fully enclosed, and the public area around the sink has CCTV. There is also a teacher stationed nearby and there is reportedly no issues at all.

Unisex bathrooms can be easily done with no threat of sexual predation.
    Last edited by Beskar; 07-10-2019 at 00:05.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."