Thread: comicbook guys

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Default comicbook guys

Hey there, where can I find a place on the net where there are real knowledgable comic book guys hanging out? Honestly I don't even like comics but in about 1980 I came across a comic that really blew my mind and I want to find out what the heck it was even though I only barely remember it. Where can I find guys who might be able to tell me what it was based on my vague recollection of it?

k-man
    Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Member thankful for this post:

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: comicbook guys

Don't leave us hanging, can you at least describe what you can of it? I'm no expert, but that's the time frame when I started reading some comics.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Members thankful for this post (2):

The Stack Exchange network seems to have Q&A sites for almost any topic. Judging by these two tags, the sci-fi stack exchange could be a good place for this kind of question; if the story could fit the sci-fi or fantasy label.
    Last edited by Viking; 08-06-2019 at 21:50.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Don't leave us hanging, can you at least describe what you can of it? I'm no expert, but that's the time frame when I started reading some comics.
    In 1979 or 1980 I was into a toy called "Shogun Warriors" I heard there was a comicbook based on it so I bought a few. I was in a local corner store looking for more when I came across a comic that even though I can barely remember I will never forget.

It was in the (what I now know to be) the R Crumb / Freak Brothers style and I remember it was in black and white, but the cover was blue and white. To the best of my recollection the cover had a big headed man with a cigar sticking out of his mouth, the man had a bird's body and one of his feet was a metal claw. He was hanging of a oil rig like crane using his clawfoot for leverage and sort of towering over a city. It was (I think) called either "crane foot" or "claw foot"
    Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

There's a great forum dedicated to this subject, called greekcomics.gr. It's obviously greek, but you can ask it in english. I had various question about some obscure foreign comics and I received great replies almost immediately. Worth the effort.

What are some good comics?