Thread: In my great and unmatched wisdom...

Default In my great and unmatched wisdom...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...32249821388801

Context: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49963649

Say what you want about Donald the Wise, but without him, Backroom would be a wasteland of boredom, full of pedantic discussions about what Hillary indirectly implied in one of her sleepy speeches.

#orgahs4don

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: In my great and unmatched wisdom...

In July 2019, 22 countries including U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Canada, Japan and Australia signed a joint letter to the UN Human Rights Council urging China to close the camps in Xinjiang.[27][111] In reaction to this, 37 countries including Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, Sudan, Angola, Algeria, Nigeria, DRC, North Korea, Russia, Venezuela, Philippines, Myanmar, Pakistan and Syria have signed a joint letter to the UNHRC praising China's "remarkable achievements in Xinjiang."[27][31] Chinese press later claimed that 50 total countries signed the letter.[112]
    They call it "exit." Welcome to "Third World" America.

[And it looks like we're pulling out of the Open Skies Treaty]
    Last edited by Montmorency; 10-07-2019 at 23:26.
    Vitiate Man.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

He does indeed have great and unmatched wisdom. After all he is the God Emperor.

All hail the Orange man. Bow before him.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    After all he is the God Emperor.
    I never understood this comparison, or why it came up.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Blog Entries

Because its funny.

Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Formerly Wigferth Ironwall Senior Member Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    It's the habit for covering everything in gold, I assume.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

Blog Entries

That, the larger than life personality, the legit level of personal achievement, the absurd level of inflation his fans give him, the accusations of xenophobia and more recently the space marines.

It fits enough to be funny, like any other good meme.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-08-2019 at 16:55.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Member thankful for this post:

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You cannot forgot the 'Golden Throne' either.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" - Daryl Davis
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

warhammer

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110727213356
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Formerly Wigferth Ironwall Senior Member Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    That, the larger than life personality, the legit level of personal achievement, the absurd level of inflation his fans give him, the accusations of xenophobia and more recently the space marines.

Oh yeah, I forgot Trump's plan to invent ODST.

I mean, SPACE MARINES.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post

I know about Warhammer 40k, which makes it even more confusing. The Emperor is a soft spoken genius, with an unrivaled human mind, who brought together humanity from its brink of collapse and pushed humanity towards the stars. Trump is the exact opposite. This individual is accomplished in the same way Paris Hilton was accomplished for a while, being famous for being famous.

I would also like to point out that Trump was an anti-vaxxer until recently.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

I know about Warhammer 40k, which makes it even more confusing. The Emperor is a soft spoken genius, with an unrivaled human mind, who brought together humanity from its brink of collapse and pushed humanity towards the stars. Trump is the exact opposite. This individual is accomplished in the same way Paris Hilton was accomplished for a while, being famous for being famous.

BINGO that's Trump n a nutshell.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Trump humor: The Kurds were never our allies because the United States doesn't maintain allies, only subcontractors. We all know how Trump treats his subcontractors...

On Trump's business conflict of interest in Turkey:

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump told Bannon during a Breitbart radio show. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.”

Those Trump Towers are a pair of glass buildings in Istanbul that have borne Trump’s name since 2012. Trump doesn’t own the buildings—the situation might be less complicated if he did. Instead, Trump licenses his brand to the building’s actual owner, Turkish business magnate Aydin Dogan, who has been described as the single largest payer of taxes in Turkey. He’s a one-time antagonist of Erdogan who is now in step with the strongman.

The conflict of interest and the way it could affect Trump’s position on important issues—or at least the perception of how it could affect his position—quickly became obvious after Trump made this comment. In June 2016, after Trump said he supported a ban on immigration by people from countries he said were associated with Islamic terrorism—he called them “terror countries”—Erdogan objected, and so did Dogan, and both threatened to remove Trump’s name from the buildings.

That’s no small threat—according to personal financial disclosures filed by Trump, since he launched his bid for the presidency, he has earned somewhere between $3.2 million and $17 million in royalties from the deal. (The amounts are given in ranges; the precise figures are unclear.)

Less than a month after the threat to remove his name was made, Trump very publicly voiced support for Erdogan when the Turkish leader faced a coup attempt. And his closeness with Erdogan has continued, even over the objections of some of Trump’s most reliable supporters. For instance, in May 2017, when Erdogan visited Washington, D.C., for a White House visit, Turkish agents violently attacked protesters outside the Turkish ambassador’s residence—shoving past local police officers to do so. Video showed Erdogan calmly watching the attack from his car. Although the House of Representatives, then under GOP control, voted 397-0 to condemn the attacks, Trump refused to do so. A few months later, Trump praised Erdogan, describing him as “a very good friend” and saying he gets “very high marks” for the way he runs Turkey.
    On Trump's great and unmatched wisdom, though this sort of thing has been noted before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trump Tweet Delusion Turkey.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	22936

On "liberal media": Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New York Times Trump Wisdom.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	22937
    Vitiate Man.

Laugh as much as you want, but NOBODY on these boards has THREE threads on him. Ergo: Trump IS great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Well, Trump IS softly spoken:

The Emperor is also an ego-maniacal despot who's belief in his own inherent righteousness leads him to create a brutal totalitarian state where anyone who disagrees with him is executed for HERESY.

Seeing it yet?

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Emperor is also the Second Coming of the Messiah in Warhammer 40k lore.

There is a book where he ends up in a big discussion with the last believer and he commends Religion for being responsible for brutality, wanton bloodshed and oppression thus he was justified... ... ... he wasn't trying to be ironic either. A very flawed character.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" - Daryl Davis
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    The Emperor is also the Second Coming of the Messiah in Warhammer 40k lore.

There is a book where he ends up in a big discussion with the last believer and he commends Religion for being responsible for brutality, wanton bloodshed and oppression thus he was justified... ... ... he wasn't trying to be ironic either. A very flawed character.
    Actually, he's the Apostle John - the one who was supposedly immortal. He may also have been Mohammed, and Charlemagne, and Hitler (or Goebbels).

In any case, the Emperor's view of religion appears to be his cynical reflection of his view of Mankind.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Does anyone read the Cain stories?

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    Actually, he's the Apostle John - the one who was supposedly immortal. He may also have been Mohammed, and Charlemagne, and Hitler (or Goebbels).

In any case, the Emperor's view of religion appears to be his cynical reflection of his view of Mankind.
    Empy is one of the few in the universe to have some understanding of the effect of faith on the warp; that being it fuels the creation of/sustains the chaos gods. By eliminating religion from the galaxy he hoped to starve the four gods to the point they became incapable of interfering with his vision of humanity.

Essentially his stated views on religion are excuses to reach a different goal, he doesnt state his real goals because the chaos gods have turned temptation into an art form and for most mortals ignorance is the only defence pre emperor worship.

Also as much as I love Graham McNeil, he's not a theologian, the black library writers dont have the knowledge to properly portray the viewpoint of a person who literally watched christianity from start to finish with his own eyes, if not interfered with its formation outright.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-10-2019 at 02:16.

Thanks to Trump's great and unmatched wisdom 750 ISIS affiliates have escaped from detention:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rkish-shelling

Also, a Kurdish politician and her driver were executed by Turkish backed jihadists and the Turkish media is calling it a "successful operation":

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/...b-00698240af79