Thread: PlayStation 5

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default PlayStation 5

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...-holiday-2020/

So we have it - confirmed for the launch of 2020, with an estimated retail price between 500 - 800 USD according to sources and various retailers. I think PS4 has been a good evolution of the PS3, but I expect the 5 to be a serious evolution to the future because it's needed.

Thoughts?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: PlayStation 5

PlayStation 5 - unboxing & accessories by MKBHD.

Well, the launch date did not go as planned. I guess that was expected but people still upset.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-courier-firms

Games retailers have been overwhelmed by demand for the latest Sony PlayStation console, which launched in the UK on Thursday.

The rush for the Playstation 5 – which in non-pandemic times would have sparked midnight queues and camping outside high street stores – caused the entire John Lewis website to crash for nearly two hours. The department store apologised to shoppers and blamed “extremely high levels of demand” for the technical issues.

Web pages dedicated to the launch of the PS5 at Tesco and Game also crashed on Thursday morning. Currys introduced a queuing system, with tens of thousands of customers waiting in a virtual line. Amazon also experienced site problems under the weight of traffic.

With much of their stock sold in advance via pre-launch orders, Game, Currys, John Lewis and Argos all sold out of the £449 console by 10.10am on Thursday.

It is interesting to read reviews of the gameplay itself, how different it is from PS4.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

This is getting a bit ridiculous at this point. The demand of PS5 is immense and right now you can only get PS5 at retail price only on resale websites.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...carce-consoles

Sony Corp. has created one of the hottest gadgets of the year in the PlayStation 5, but its launch has been marred by scalpers who are buying up scarce supplies and threatening the long-term health of the company’s most important product.

Scalpers, who buy devices at retail and then resell at a higher price, have long been a challenge in the games business. But the problem is particularly acute this year because the coronavirus has squeezed production and pushed more console sales online -- where scalpers use sophisticated bots to buy up the PlayStation 5 and Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox.

Furious gamers are calling out resellers for charging $1,300 or $1,400, almost triple the retail price, on sites like eBay and Twitter. “This is a launch disaster,” one Twitter post declared, vowing not to cave to usurious prices. “Scalpers can keep them.”

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hello I'm new member here. My name is Walter and nice to meet you.
    I really like the ps5 but It's price is so expensive. I wonder should I buy it to replace my ps4 pro. I just bought it 2 years ago and it still good.
    Need some advice guys
    Thanks

Hi there Walter,

Welcome to the Org!

I would suggest that you wait for the moment. PS5's are hard to obtain and it's quite difficult to understand whether the stock will be replenished soon. Your PS4 Pro will be good for another 6 months I think.

Still problems with the supply apparently, but they want to ship almost 23 million PlayStations a year.

https://www.gamesradar.com/sony-is-a...nits-per-year/

I am waiting to buy it. Need to get some cash first.