Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Default Re: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post
    He is goingg to say town and mafia instead of villager and wolf.

In other news, I am conducting the holy rituals to induct Empoof into the Circle of Friendly Trust. Welcome, initiate. Take a scented candle if you like.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Vote: Csargo
    Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Look, I'm not saying I had a 100% accurate god read on Barto five minutes into the game.

But I am, in fact, saying that.

I'm imagining the world where barto is caught off of his second post of the game.

It's a great world tbh.

Gonna make some eggs and be around to shitpost, but I'm trying to not 1000 post this game.

hi guys!

i see a lot of ppl are voting already, do we just vote at random the first day or something?

Barto claims being busy/distracted as a reason why he didn't just drop a vote on you for saying you were going to phonepost (him shading people for that here is NAI; long story)

If we accept this explanation at face value, then think about which takes longer: dropping a simple vote, or posting what he posted instead in response?
    But if he had just dropped a naked vote then it wouldn't be funny now would it?

I just don't get why voting me would have to be... opposed... to talking about why i'm suspicious...

Quote Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
    But if he had just dropped a naked vote then it wouldn't be funny now would it?

I just don't get why voting me would have to be... opposed... to talking about why i'm suspicious...
    It's a meta read, it's not that complicated. He pretty much always will respond to someone mentioning posting on their phone with a "posting from a phone means you're a wolf! Vote: [person]" as a snap reaction.

But here, instead of that he gave a weird over-explanation with no vote and no bite to it. He seems not at ease and more cautious than I'd normally expect, like he's walking on eggshells.

Anyway that's all I have time for today

Zack is displaying some villagery swagger, but I don't think Barto's posts mean anything rn. GH's push on hin feels kinda overblown.

It's a meta read, it's not that complicated. He pretty much always will respond to someone mentioning posting on their phone with a "posting from a phone means you're a wolf! Vote: [person]" as a snap reaction.

But here, instead of that he gave a weird over-explanation with no vote and no bite to it. He seems not at ease and more cautious than I'd normally expect, like he's walking on eggshells.
    Okay, I see what you mean. But to me his post read like he's pretty self aware about how silly suspecting someone for that is, not an actual suspicion.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't mind Insaner so far.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Empoof View Post
    I'm imagining the world where barto is caught off of his second post of the game.

It's a great world tbh.

Gonna make some eggs and be around to shitpost, but I'm trying to not 1000 post this game.
    Oh, definitely don't 1000 post. I signed up for a pair of chill games.
    Aliases Yakostovian

after reading the rules more carefully, i see you can actually change your vote, this makes more sense

i'm used to ppl just talking then voting for who they think is most suspicious when ready to move on

I don't mind Insaner so far.
    really? I feel the opposite

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

really? I feel the opposite
    oh boy here we go again

Talk to me about why? Seems like he's just kind of easing into the flow of things and trying to dig into something he's not sure about.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

generalhandkerchief saying they don't mind insaner right after insaner says their push feels overblown is suspicious in the timing i think

he sees someone suspecting him and if he is good he wouldn't like that, but if he's bad he might try to appease the person doubting him

oh boy here we go again

Talk to me about why? Seems like he's just kind of easing into the flow of things and trying to dig into something he's not sure about.
    it seems like he is pretending to do that while actually being dismissive. I never felt like he was actually that interested in what I was saying, or what you were saying

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Calling things town/mafia/scum etc instead of "w*lf/v*llager" etc.
    For this I might even forgive you for not having hosted a Pirate Ship game last year.
    Barto claims being busy/distracted as a reason why he didn't just drop a vote on you for saying you were going to phonepost (him shading people for that here is NAI; long story)

If we accept this explanation at face value, then think about which takes longer: dropping a simple vote, or posting what he posted instead in response?
    I'm a really fast typer when I want to be, and posting one-liners on CFC-OT and owning those who would own the libs is a skillset I've been developing.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

it seems like he is pretending to do that while actually being dismissive. I never felt like he was actually that interested in what I was saying, or what you were saying
    like the amount of fixation he had on barto while never progressing or changing the read he had in any way through all of that is strange. I also have no idea why he would think your push on Barto was overblown but mine wasn't.

According to my pre-game calculations, it was a mathematical certainty that at least one of myself and GeneralHankerchief would be a wolf in this game. I am a villager, therefore I am left no other choice but to conclude that GeneralHankerchief is indubitably a wolf. Please put your affairs in order and acquiesce yourself to the noose, sir.

Vote: GeneralHankerchief
    Vote: Zack

I've been playing with El Barto since before you were born, son.
    As consolation, I would thank this post if I could.

He is goingg to say town and mafia instead of villager and wolf.

In other news, I am conducting the holy rituals to induct Empoof into the Circle of Friendly Trust. Welcome, initiate. Take a scented candle if you like.
    Also very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Hi.
    Are we sure Empoof isn't a Csargo alt?

They're MU people, he's being culturally sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Oh, definitely don't 1000 post. I signed up for a pair of chill games.
    Yes, cultural sensitivity is a two-way street.

Quote Originally Posted by merl1n View Post
    generalhandkerchief saying they don't mind insaner right after insaner says their push feels overblown is suspicious in the timing i think

he sees someone suspecting him and if he is good he wouldn't like that, but if he's bad he might try to appease the person doubting him
    Theory: If GH is scum, maybe he has a tendency to open D1 with sketchy meta-pushes? Awesome insight if true.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Any reads Monty?

No, but it in itself the *record scratch* when I entered plus taking half an hour to ask me that in the first 50 posts leaves me feeling guarded.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    No, but it in itself the *record scratch* when I entered plus taking half an hour to ask me that in the first 50 posts leaves me feeling guarded.

I like Zack

insaner indifferent, I agree with the words that they say (Zack barto push > GH barto push) but lacks some of the hutzpah I expect from them.

GH lean very slightly good but also feels like he might be trying a bit too hard.

Logic good for bad reasons.

Monty feels sorta offputting but I think it's a playstyle thing.

Merl1n baseline good.

You don't seem particularly interested in what I'm saying either, lol. I think your read on Barto is bad and I explained to you why I think that.

like the amount of fixation he had on barto while never progressing or changing the read he had in any way through all of that is strange. I also have no idea why he would think your push on Barto was overblown but mine wasn't.
    Barto never posted through all that, so like. As to why I dislike GH's push on Barto while I don't mind yours, that's kinda hard for me to explain. It's mostly just a gut feeling.

I had this feeling as well honestly, and I like you for saying this. I feel like town GH would have more insightful things to say about this situation.

I like Zack

insaner indifferent, I agree with the words that they say (Zack barto push > GH barto push) but lacks some of the hutzpah I expect from them.

GH lean very slightly good but also feels like he might be trying a bit too hard.

Logic good for bad reasons.

Monty feels sorta offputting but I think it's a playstyle thing.

Merl1n baseline good.

what do you mean by good for bad reasons, can you elaborate plz ty

what do you mean by good for bad reasons, can you elaborate plz ty
    I sorta think that Logic would think it scummy to make a single post that's not game related and leave, and instead opt to either say some passive comment about what's going on or clock in a "I'll be in later after " at the tail end.

It's bad reasons because it's basically a too-wolfy-to-be-a-wolf sort of thing, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
    You don't seem particularly interested in what I'm saying either, lol. I think your read on Barto is bad and I explained to you why I think that.

Barto never posted through all that, so like. As to why I dislike GH's push on Barto while I don't mind yours, that's kinda hard for me to explain. It's mostly just a gut feeling.
    ...I've been playing with barto for like a decade and my read on him was specifically a meta one. why would you saying "idk it's just a joke i think" have any effect on me. It wasn't a particularly strong objection either, which is why your fixation on it doesn't quite ring true to me. It felt like you were trying to downplay the situation more than objecting to my read?

...I've been playing with barto for like a decade and my read on him was specifically a meta one. why would you saying "idk it's just a joke i think" have any effect on me. It wasn't a particularly strong objection either, which is why your fixation on it doesn't quite ring true to me. It felt like you were trying to downplay the situation more than objecting to my read?
    No, I was in fact disagreeing with your read on Barto from the start. You said that Barto's overexplaining of his suspicion of me without actually voting me was non-committal and scummy. My response was that I don't think Barto was expressing any kind of actual suspicion but was in fact just joking around.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    (crosspost edit) Posting from smartphones was once held to be one of the surest tells, and this is a game that takes place in a fictitious past, so it is completely in character for me to suspect you, sir.
    Just read this post once again and tell me it isn't a joke.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast