Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Default Re: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    mm

i think it's clear enough

they fit in their respective categories and don't have things going for them like the people up at the top do

that said i certainly wasn't trying to imply that logic is wolfier than monty i'd never say anything like that in a thousand years
    but how do they fit in those categories? what has logic done this game that feels safe to you, or what has el barto done that feels not safe? there's a lot of players that have been participating that aren't in either list, so what about those two jumped out as being worthy of inclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Empoof View Post
    Is anyone else feeling a little LOST?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by merl1n View Post
    but how do they fit in those categories? what has logic done this game that feels safe to you, or what has el barto done that feels not safe? there's a lot of players that have been participating that aren't in either list, so what about those two jumped out as being worthy of inclusion?
    so this is what me/cuth interactions look like from the outside

merlin
    Insaner
    Cuth
    Empoof

Monty
    choxorn
    Logic
    csargo

gh
    barto

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

dya
    pzelda
    fable
    ladd
    egix
    newyn
    Zack-insaner banter interesting contrast to Zack-Jabbz banter (), true elite if partners. I don't think they are partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    that said i certainly wasn't trying to imply that logic is wolfier than monty i'd never say anything like that in a thousand years

Unrelated thoughts:

MU could easily have sprawling carnival-like games, like Capo or Khaan experimentals or Pirate Ship or Andres bloodbaths or any number of Large Org games. 30 players, 40 players, hell, go for the gold and make it 100. The player base is there. However, the only format that draws such numbers are those mashes that I've still not played in. Those last like a week with 50 players, and even so the post count exceeds 10K regularly. That's inhuman. The typical maximum game format on MU now allows for just 21 players, the old Org threshold for large games. For an example of the stifling effect, Zork recently tried to run a multiball setup with 40 players, but could barely exceed 1/4 signups before scrapping much of the design and doing a 15-er. Some people had even dropped when he added a post cap to the setup!

In conclusion, MU would be a new paradise of transcendent excess if an appropriate set of social engineering parameters could be formulated to force a lower post count. Capo IV quite possibly remains the Tower of Babel experience of Internet Mafia.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

hey

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post
    hey

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Zack-insaner banter interesting contrast to Zack-Jabbz banter (), true elite if partners. I don't think they are partners.

Unrelated thoughts:

MU could easily have sprawling carnival-like games, like Capo or Khaan experimentals or Pirate Ship or Andres bloodbaths or any number of Large Org games. 30 players, 40 players, hell, go for the gold and make it 100. The player base is there. However, the only format that draws such numbers are those mashes that I've still not played in. Those last like a week with 50 players, and even so the post count exceeds 10K regularly. That's inhuman. The typical maximum game format on MU now allows for just 21 players, the old Org threshold for large games. For an example of the stifling effect, Zork recently tried to run a multiball setup with 40 players, but could barely exceed 1/4 signups before scrapping much of the design and doing a 15-er. Some people had even dropped when he added a post cap to the setup!

In conclusion, MU would be a new paradise of transcendent excess if an appropriate set of social engineering parameters could be formulated to force a lower post count. Capo IV quite possibly remains the Tower of Babel experience of Internet Mafia.
    i understood most of those words independently

seems like zack is a villager

seems like zack is a villager

@Logic why did you comment on the 1000 posts thing from Empoof out of what happened itt?

like even in that same post, he suspected El Barto but you decided to comment on something that had not muh to do with the game

curious if just read that post/had read all the thread but had no thoughts/didnt feel like posting thoughts/etc..?

seems

mostly cause I agree with ~everything you have said

and now this post will spare me the time of giving any other reads

empoof, would you consider yourself a cagey or cards-to-the-chest type of player?

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

I like Zack

insaner indifferent, I agree with the words that they say (Zack barto push > GH barto push) but lacks some of the hutzpah I expect from them.

GH lean very slightly good but also feels like he might be trying a bit too hard.

Logic good for bad reasons.

Monty feels sorta offputting but I think it's a playstyle thing.

Merl1n baseline good.

I 1-posted.

However bad the reason(s), I'd like to hear them.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by merl1n View Post
    empoof, would you consider yourself a cagey or cards-to-the-chest type of player?
    Usually no. I don't think Cuth's assessment of me is inaccurate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I 1-posted.

However bad the reason(s), I'd like to hear them.
    Sure keep reading

vote: el barto

I assume no isos, right?

guess I'll do a throwback to the tos days and do it the hard wY

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Dude I'm going back to hosting biweekly light games (50 post maximum) and players that hyper spam sometimes join too.

Also I'm lowkey trying to start a light game competitive circuit so be on the look out.

I assume no isos, right?

guess I'll do a throwback to the tos days and do it the hard wY
    You can iso by clicking the reply number when sitting in the games room subforum

But it's donkey, yes.

Dude I'm going back to hosting biweekly light games (50 post maximum) and players that hyper spam sometimes join too.

Also I'm lowkey trying to start a light game competitive circuit so be on the look out.
    I do not "hyper spam". It's called seeding the thread and it's elegantly cultural.

I like Zack

insaner indifferent, I agree with the words that they say (Zack barto push > GH barto push) but lacks some of the hutzpah I expect from them.

GH lean very slightly good but also feels like he might be trying a bit too hard.

Logic good for bad reasons.

Monty feels sorta offputting but I think it's a playstyle thing.

Merl1n baseline good.

explain the gh read?

he seems a lot of things but trying too hard wasmt really one of themt

I re read pg. 1

guess he was trying and i kinda get the read now

dont really agree he was trying too hard though but shrug

also thanks for iso tip

zack n1 kill subbed

teammate el barto bussed

shaded empoof while weirdly defending my ither wolfmate gh

checklist of stuff to do is all done

I'll see you in 10 hours or so but if you need something @ me

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    Vote: Egix

He is number 13 on the signup list, and as we all know, this is a sure sign of evil.
    Curses, foiled again :(

;)

explain the gh read?

he seems a lot of things but trying too hard wasmt really one of themt
    His commenting on the barto thing felt weird to me, his "oh boy here we go again" to Zack felt sorta fake.

by "trying a bit too hard" I more mean his normal mannerisms feel sorta funky and put on.

I feel kinda bad for that read tbh cause if he's town he's just doing his thing but it felt like I was watching a TV ad of GH.

zack n1 kill subbed

teammate el barto bussed

shaded empoof while weirdly defending my ither wolfmate gh

checklist of stuff to do is all done

I'll see you in 10 hours or so but if you need something @ me
    Aren't you supposed to wait another... 1496 posts before revealing your scum plans in the main thread?

Vote: ladd

His commenting on the barto thing felt weird to me, his "oh boy here we go again" to Zack felt sorta fake.

by "trying a bit too hard" I more mean his normal mannerisms feel sorta funky and put on.

I feel kinda bad for that read tbh cause if he's town he's just doing his thing but it felt like I was watching a TV ad of GH.
    It felt to me like he saw a villager doing stuff and asking questions (insaner) and gave a townread on him without thinking about it much. Then was caught a bit off guard when a different villager (me) immediately disagreed and challenged him on it, and struggled to give a very compelling reason for the read.

I mean idk I famously wolfread gh early incorrectly all the time, but the way he didn't really engage with me on it and kinda just left is like... Classically how he interacts with me when he is a wolf.

el barto
    insaner
    monty
    logic

can you elaborate on this? you picked 4 names out of the 7 talked about. do you think they're bad/wolves?

It felt to me like he saw a villager doing stuff and asking questions (insaner) and gave a townread on him without thinking about it much. Then was caught a bit off guard when a different villager (me) immediately disagreed and challenged him on it, and struggled to give a very compelling reason for the read.

I mean idk I famously wolfread gh early incorrectly all the time, but the way he didn't really engage with me on it and kinda just left is like... Classically how he interacts with me when he is a wolf.
    so he's a villager? xD

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast