Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Default Re: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post
    It felt to me like he saw a villager doing stuff and asking questions (insaner) and gave a townread on him without thinking about it much. Then was caught a bit off guard when a different villager (me) immediately disagreed and challenged him on it, and struggled to give a very compelling reason for the read.

I mean idk I famously wolfread gh early incorrectly all the time, but the way he didn't really engage with me on it and kinda just left is like... Classically how he interacts with me when he is a wolf.
    If we put both our reads together we have him dead to rights.

We should hammer him before he becomes too villagery.

Quote Originally Posted by merl1n View Post
    can you elaborate on this? you picked 4 names out of the 7 talked about. do you think they're bad/wolves?
    Nah, I just put the names that he said contain a wolf in one spot.

Mostly showing how attentive I can be, with insane reading comprehension skills.

so he's a villager? xD
    if he is indeed a villager, I pretty consistently get there by the end of day 1, so I'm not too worried about it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Empoof View Post
    Nah, I just put the names that he said contain a wolf in one spot.

Mostly showing how attentive I can be, with insane reading comprehension skills.
    oh, okay

i was suspicious because you had the post about logic being good for bad reasons and then listed him in those names and i was like STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

wdy think about the safe/not safe groupings and my thoughts on it?

ladd,

what convinced you so much on barto?

if he is indeed a villager, I pretty consistently get there by the end of day 1, so I'm not too worried about it atm.
    i'm missing context/history but it sounds like you're saying you read him really well but also really poorly, historically, and the confidence in reading him feels a little wonky given

I mean idk I famously wolfread gh early incorrectly all the time, but the way he didn't really engage with me on it and kinda just left is like... Classically how he interacts with me when he is a wolf.
    that you read him incorrectly all the time, yet have this confidence in saying this is how he acts when he is a wolf. i'm not doing so good with the explaining thing, it just feels jarring/inconsistent in my head

i'm missing context/history but it sounds like you're saying you read him really well but also really poorly, historically, and the confidence in reading him feels a little wonky given

that you read him incorrectly all the time, yet have this confidence in saying this is how he acts when he is a wolf. i'm not doing so good with the explaining thing, it just feels jarring/inconsistent in my head
    when i say "early" I mean specifically early d1, but I usually will recognize he is a villager if he is one by the end of day 1

does that make sense?

oh, okay

i was suspicious because you had the post about logic being good for bad reasons and then listed him in those names and i was like STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

wdy think about the safe/not safe groupings and my thoughts on it?
    At a baseline I agree with Zack that the thought to put people into safe/not safe groupings is probably villagery.

I thought you responded rather inquisitively, and it's possible he made it up but I think he didn't. I can sorta see ways that make cuth put those people into each category. I'm just trying to not put too much stock into it as a whole and see how Cuth develops.

Going to bed pretty soon.

Been listening to Jungle all day, watching those choreography videos are so cool. Idk how I haven't heard of these guys before, they have millions of views lol

when i say "early" I mean specifically early d1, but I usually will recognize he is a villager if he is one by the end of day 1

does that make sense?
    i guess i can see the distinction. i'm used to just kind of picking someone and killing them on d1 without a ton of room for changing reads. once we lynch someone and can use our night actions then there's more to talk about

i guess i can see the distinction. i'm used to just kind of picking someone and killing them on d1 without a ton of room for changing reads. once we lynch someone and can use our night actions then there's more to talk about
    as I'm sure you will discover, my reads can be pretty fluid, hell just look at my insaner read this game for proof of that

I also prefaced it because it's something of a meme; I don't actually think I'm bad at reading GH, there was just a bad stretch of games awhile back (and I'd argue there were good reasons for the misread, and I also believe that I have learned how to read him better from those experiences anyhow). There have also been games where I read him quite well. There are some people who I just don't understand the way they behave and don't know how to read them, but GH isn't abnormally inscrutable or irrational or chaotic so I don't think of him that way.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And to be clear, I think he also exaggerates the extent to which he misreads me. There are plenty of games where he read me fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post
    I assume no isos, right?

guess I'll do a throwback to the tos days and do it the hard wY
    Nah, you have to use the "Who Posted?" Feature instead
    Battery's gettin low so gonna switch devices

as I'm sure you will discover, my reads can be pretty fluid, hell just look at my insaner read this game for proof of that

I also prefaced it because it's something of a meme; I don't actually think I'm bad at reading GH, there was just a bad stretch of games awhile back (and I'd argue there were good reasons for the misread, and I also believe that I have learned how to read him better from those experiences anyhow). There have also been games where I read him quite well. There are some people who I just don't understand the way they behave and don't know how to read them, but GH isn't abnormally inscrutable or irrational or chaotic so I don't think of him that way.

And to be clear, I think he also exaggerates the extent to which he misreads me. There are plenty of games where he read me fine.
    there are some other things too but

1) I'd like to hold those cards a little closer to my chest
    2) this is getting a bit ridiculous for the stage of the game we are in. it's just my current read on him and it could easily change before the day is over

I'm out for the night, want to give an updated readslist before I head out. spoilered for size

37-10

ladd,

what convinced you so much on barto?
    wpuldnt really say I am that convinced

just think he was tge wolfiest early on

I agree with your read there and his early phone post just looked like a read wolves know they are making on a villa (insaner) so hold themselves back and put it out there more as information than actually something they wanna push

Merl1n
    Zack

Ladd
    Logic (lol)
    Cuth

Insaner
    Monty

GH
    Empoof

Barto

While it's generally a village -> town list I think the smileys I chose represent my feelings pretty well.

Also if Zack is still alive on Day 3 I'll tinfoil him

Merl1n
    Zack

Ladd
    Logic (lol)
    Cuth

Insaner
    Monty

GH
    Empoof

Barto

While it's generally a village -> town list I think the smileys I chose represent my feelings pretty well.

Also if Zack is still alive on Day 3 I'll tinfoil him
    are u one of those ppl who jokingly calls themselves bad when bad to feel like you're getting one over on ppl when they read you as good anyways?

also just to clarify - I had the barto read before I read your posts on him, zack

you calling him out as well was one of the thing that made me think you are villagery

are u one of those ppl who jokingly calls themselves bad when bad to feel like you're getting one over on ppl when they read you as good anyways?
    It's NAI

I'd argue that I'm cheekier about it when I'm town, but that's just, like, my opinion man

for those paying attention i am now doing the fabled "saying he leaves but doesnt leave" villa tell

adjust your reads list accordingly

for those paying attention i am now doing the fabled "saying he leaves but doesnt leave" villa tell

I used to do small things like that when I was wolfing to get random town points.

Worked like a charm.

I'm gonna be in and out tomorrow, lots to do.

Night.

i guess i think empoof is good, though my senses are a little tingly, and not the fun kind of tingly

*Anime goo goo eyes* Oh look at you you're so town!
    On a more serious note, I dislike that you felt the need to state this yourself rather than letting people come to that conclusion naturally.

Usually no. I don't think Cuth's assessment of me is inaccurate though.
    it makes me happy that you agree that you're a villagery person playing safely

?

Quote Originally Posted by Egix View Post
    *Anime goo goo eyes* Oh look at you you're so town!
    On a more serious note, I dislike that you felt the need to state this yourself rather than letting people come to that conclusion naturally.
    yes

but would I post somthing that wolfy if I was indeed a wolf

makes you think

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

I assume no isos, right?

guess I'll do a throwback to the tos days and do it the hard wY
    You can iso by clicking the reply number when sitting in the games room subforum

But it's donkey, yes.
    You can also do it by clicking Search Thread at the top of a page -> Advanced Search, and there's an option in the Advanced Search screen to search the thread by username.

yes

but would I post somthing that wolfy if I was indeed a wolf

makes you think
    Knowing you, you probably would tbh

Hi,

Last time I played here I got every single read wrong so you should probably not listen to anything I say unless it helps you push your agenda.

Also, day 1 is clearly absolutely useless so can I get a free pass for today?

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newyn View Post

Also, day 1 is clearly absolutely useless so can I get a free pass for today?
    No.

Unvote, Vote: Newyn

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast