Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Default Re: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

talk to me about:

newyin

dya

cuth

soemone has a strong read on any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I'm glad to know that my pushing of two flipped mafia in one phase is enough to buy me exactly one day of goodwill.
    Good. I am not usually this generous.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
    This is a fallacy.
    There's other wagonomics-related reasons too, but I'm annoyed at this point and just wanted to get my thoughts down. Will get more into detail about it when I get back but I really don't deserve the treatment that I'm getting from exactly you right now considering how my D1 and would greatly appreciate it if you recognized my contributions and started looking elsewhere.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

gh has a point that egix just makes the most sense from every PoV

also it does look like he doesn't care about who the wolves are

but I find some of the things he is saying kinda villagery?

we shall see

i have a kind of uneasy setting that im getting set up for a mislynch, but its hard 2 tell bc i was pretty wrong on d1 and its understandable to have doubts

Call me dumb, then.
    no. id call ur actions dumb, but not you xP

@Choxorn

I know you cliamed tracker but I find it weird that you admitted that yday you played like crap, considering that imo your posts were whatever and you simply were inactive

why did you think you played like crap besides inactivity which is perfectly explainable by real life?

who are the wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post
    talk to me about:

newyin

dya

cuth

soemone has a strong read on any of them?
    I think newyn is good! maybe its dumb reasoning but i feel it. can try 2 pull up posts

unvote

should be back for another round of posting in abit

after that I am full of meetings tomorrow so I'll barely be able to post probably, but will try to sneak in for the last couple of hours of the day if manage

rest of the week should be a bit better

newyn stuff

1) i liked his opening post, and the back and forth w chox. was very casual and easy, find that hard 2 do as bad

2) he expressed paranoia of me with a twist, that i was secretly some experienced player. i liked him thinking that way bc as bad hed know i was good and would take me at face value (fwiw i am pretty exp just not on forums)

3) he voted el barto but only bc he liked the ppl on the el barto wagon. this is probably my biggest reason he's good. he gets no credit if el barto is ever confirmed bad bc he just hopped on due to his good reads being on him. i think bads handle that diff

4) he pushed back on me when i called him good for the wagon formation accountability dodge. said he was just lazy and wld do it as either alignment. think bads wouldnt tell me not 2 read them as good for voting a partner

5) he feels consistently at ease after 2 bads die, think itd be different if he was bad with his team going kaboom

Quote Originally Posted by merl1n View Post
    newyn stuff

1) i liked his opening post, and the back and forth w chox. was very casual and easy, find that hard 2 do as bad

2) he expressed paranoia of me with a twist, that i was secretly some experienced player. i liked him thinking that way bc as bad hed know i was good and would take me at face value (fwiw i am pretty exp just not on forums)

3) he voted el barto but only bc he liked the ppl on the el barto wagon. this is probably my biggest reason he's good. he gets no credit if el barto is ever confirmed bad bc he just hopped on due to his good reads being on him. i think bads handle that diff

4) he pushed back on me when i called him good for the wagon formation accountability dodge. said he was just lazy and wld do it as either alignment. think bads wouldnt tell me not 2 read them as good for voting a partner

5) he feels consistently at ease after 2 bads die, think itd be different if he was bad with his team going kaboom
    alrighty, thanks

I am not sure how much of this is super indicative (in particular I think 4 means nothing and it s actually kinda wolfy) but I do kinda dig point #2

alrighty, thanks

I am not sure how much of this is super indicative (in particular I think 4 means nothing and it s actually kinda wolfy) but I do kinda dig point #2
    i think the way #3 played out is v good for him, if u read back through that

i paid the most attn to ppl who didnt end on a confirmed bad in my reread (newyn, egix, choxorn, logic) bc it makes sense for a starting point

@dyachei why did you ask this question?
    because I didn't know who el-barto was and he mentioned earlier in the game he had played with me before

can you explain this read, dya?

I don't think barto iso was empty at all
    I read the first half of it before it was 5 minutes to EOD and had to stop. Empty meaning very little content. Felt like a lot of talking about nothing

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

id like to hear this logic (xD)

if anything, the fact that the bads didn't vote for ladd despite him being the #3 vote getter should make him more likely bad himself at a superficial look
    Quick answer:
    Scum almost certainly had a village counterwagon at some point. You should be looking more closely at the D1 Ladd voters, especially when he was in serious contention.

It's not foolproof, but the odds are slim that Ladd is also scum.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Quick answer:
    Scum almost certainly had a village counterwagon at some point. You should be looking more closely at the D1 Ladd voters, especially when he was in serious contention.

It's not foolproof, but the odds are slim that Ladd is also scum.
    I think merl1n's point is that they in fact didn't.

need a live playerlist if anyone has one.

think barto's push on monty looks fairly not w/w so I'm comfortable keeping monty in my top towns

I think zack still looks good, too, for his d1 and his read of barto. I think he's fallen off a bit today, but I like yesterday enough he can stay there, too.

I saw some of the interactions merl1n posted for ladd and agree ladd probably not a wolf, either. And the work merl1n is putting in at this stage looks pretty good

Alive 14/17:
    1. Montmorency
    2. Csargo
    4. Choxorn
    5. Zack
    6. GeneralHankerchief
    7. Logic
    8. Dyachei
    10. Fable
    11. ladd
    12. Cuthillius
    13. Egix
    14. Newyn
    16. Insaner
    17. merl1n

Dead 3/17:
    9. Pzelda, Princess, Mafia, lynched D1.
    15. Empoof, Priest, Town, died N1.
    3. El Barto, Diviner, Mafia, died N1.

agree merl1n is posting well today

what you think abiut cuth dya?

Alive 14/17:
    1. Montmorency
    2. Csargo
    4. Choxorn
    5. Zack
    6. GeneralHankerchief
    7. Logic
    8. Dyachei
    10. Fable
    11. ladd
    12. Cuthillius
    13. Egix
    14. Newyn
    16. Insaner
    17. merl1n

Dead 3/17:
    9. Pzelda, Princess, Mafia, lynched D1.
    15. Empoof, Priest, Town, died N1.
    3. El Barto, Diviner, Mafia, died N1.
    thanks insaner

Town
    Montmorency
    Zack
    ladd
    insaner

lean town
    fable
    merl1n
    GH
    logic

null
    Chox
    csargo
    cuth
    egix
    newyn

lean wolf

wolf

I obviously have some work to do today to work out what to do with my null section. And yeah, i'm aware of chox' claim

It looks like you can't save more than 7 multiquotes at a time here? uhhhh

agree merl1n is posting well today

what you think abiut cuth dya?
    he's someone I consistently have a hard time reading and I usually let others do it. I'll be looking at his posts hopefully in a bit.

can you elaborate on your logic read dyachei?

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I'm still reading through the thread, I've had a busy few days, but my impressions so far:

Zack's opening was strong, but that's to be expected, Zack's a strong player. I'm hesitant to prematurely say he's town, but everything points in that direction. He spews sunshine and rainbows.

Empoof seems in a similar vein to Zack, nothing gives me pause about their play so far. Though I'm not familiar with Empoof's play in general, but from my perspective it's all been good so far.

I'm okay with merl1n, Insaner, and Logic overall. I don't particularly think Insaner's "I'm townier, answer my question." was productive, but to each their own. Other than that I haven't read anything from Insaner that would make me think negatively. merl1n just seems pure and engaged, it's refreshing, nothing negative to say about any of their contributions honestly. Logic's opening was meh, but his recent postings were pretty good I thought, and that makes me think he's town.

I agree with Zack's meta read of Barto's behavior, generally I'd expect Barto to vote Insaner there. It probably doesn't mean much, but it seemed cautious to me, which is unexpected from Barto. I might be reading too much into it though.

GH's opening bothered me initially, a bit generic maybe? or just fell flat with me I'm not sure exactly how to describe it. Plus his interaction with Zack about Insaner seemed odd to me. I generally agree with what he posted this morning, so I'm a bit torn overall about how to feel.

Monty is an enigma. I'm not sure how to feel about him currently.

I don't have much else, but I'll continue reading.
    tried to grab the quotes that have substance from csargo. But like this entire post is hedgy af. He gives himself an out at every turn.

My reads on people who I don't have much or any experience playing with are extremely tentative. I'm not terribly confident nor is my track record terribly good in such cases. I have trouble reading generally in mafia games, so there's that. What I'm trying to say is I'm bad
    he even talks about that here

Vote: El Barto
    good vote though

Don't feel like that's a great reason to remove Monty from the list, if you want to be thorough.
    but again, he's afraid to clear people

Feel like Egix or Choxorn should be lynched today. Choxorn's hard to read in my experience, and I don't know anything about Egix. I read Choxorn's iso yesterday and wasn't impressed I guess you'd say and what you've posted of Egix doesn't look good.

I'm not sure what to make of ladd at this point. I want to give them some amount of credit for putting the damning vote on zelda, but looking at the vote count at the end makes that hard for me. I wouldn't vote them anytime soon though.

Felt like merl1n was good on my initial read through, and haven't really seen anything to change my mind so far other than being off the two main wagons yesterday.

Don't know anything about Newyn and nothing has stood out to me about them so far.

I'm 90% certain Logic is town. I'm pretty alright with saying you, Zack, and Insaner are town.

I feel like Cuth is playing different from what I remember about their play, so it's up in the air.

I have no read on Dya, other than zelda vote is good.

Montmorency (Pzelda,)
    4 El Barto (Zack, Cuth, Csargo, Monty)
    5 PZelda (Insaner, Dya, GH, Fable, ladd)
    1 Newyn (Choxorn)
    3 Ladd (Logic, Egix, merl1n)
    1 Insaner (El Barto)
    2 Choxorn (Empoof, Newyn)
    Here are today's reads and they feel pretty...safe? like it's not saying a lot to me in either direction

I'm just not seeing what you're seeing apparently, I don't see a loss of conviction in that post.

This is the scummiest thing I've seen GH post all game tbh. I find it hard to believe GH would vote a scum partner so early in the game, from my experience with him, but I haven't played with him in a while. It's possible I guess, but I don't think it's likely imo.
    But here he's starting to get spicy with GH and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I think overall maybe a slight scum lean? feels like he was trying to give himself an out on the barto read (though he did vote there later) and he's afraid to town read people

can you elaborate on your logic read dyachei?
    don't think GH would lie about it as either alignment. So it's probably just real

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dyachei View Post
    don't think GH would lie about it as either alignment. So it's probably just real
    I just lied about it the game we just got out of though...?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

I just lied about it the game we just got out of though...?
    I must have missed that because I thought you just *didn't* lie about it there

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dyachei View Post
    I must have missed that because I thought you just *didn't* lie about it there
    I called him mafia and pushed for his (mis)lynch in the hydra game.

Don't mind me, this took a while to fetch so I'm just saving it here for my own perusal so it doesn't get lost

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Vote: Csargo
    Sup everyone.

Think there might be a phone interface through Tapatalk or something? Or check skins/styles in a dropdown list at the very bottom of the page, the default should be something like "TheGuild" or "STW" or something, idk, it's been like a decade since I've changed skins here.

Barto defense is interesting because "being busier in another game" (which I don't dispute) doesn't stop him from making a funny vote as opposed to talking about his suspicion.
    Also to honor this site's heritage I'm going to exclusively use townspeak.
    Calling things town/mafia/scum etc instead of "w*lf/v*llager" etc.
    Barto claims being busy/distracted as a reason why he didn't just drop a vote on you for saying you were going to phonepost (him shading people for that here is NAI; long story)

If we accept this explanation at face value, then think about which takes longer: dropping a simple vote, or posting what he posted instead in response?
    I don't mind Insaner so far.
    oh boy here we go again

Talk to me about why? Seems like he's just kind of easing into the flow of things and trying to dig into something he's not sure about.
    Checking in, haven't read since last night, won't be able to until tomorrow. Apologies.
    Morning.

Skimmed a bit, haven't reread in depth (hope to do that before EOD), but here's some of my takes so far:

Barto/Monty wagons are not particularly spicy but I guess not really surprising considering this playerset. Between the two of them I think Barto has a higher chance of flipping mafia due to his start and Monty seemingly being whimsical Monty-self instead of really trying to accomplish anything in particular in this game. This is more of a "I like Monty for town" read than "I like Barto for scum" read, and while I recognize that I haven't played with either in literal years, I think the old meta still holds.

Fable can be town just because he's Very Obviously being a brat with the way he's treating the thread/game right now, I don't mean that in a particularly bad way, it's just like he doesn't feel obligated to actually try and put on a performance, and that's generally indicative of Town!Fable from my experience. I don't think this is a result of the low activity of the game, either, it's still a quality playerlist and he'd know he'd have to do stuff to fit in as mafia despite the low volume so far. Furthermore, I see that he just recently dropped a random townread on me that's kind of against the grain, and if it's for the reasons I suspect it is, then it's 100% something that Fable would do as town.

dya gets a day pass, I expect she'll be more active on D2, as will I.

I actually like Logic's three posts. Want to see more, but not worried yet.

Zack is... tentatively in my town. This has nothing to do with how he's approached my slot. It's more related to the fact of how he's dug into things that have caught his attention and hammered away at them until he's satisfied and refused to let up on things. There's less posting than I'd expect, but I don't really think that's alignment-indicative in this environment. My main goal here is to further reinforce his townreads so that the mafia don't kill him at night for fear that he'll be protected by a doc or jailkeeper or something and be more likely to move on me instead. (but seriously, I think he's probably ok here)

Those are the takes that have stood out most to me so far, I don't really have any mafia yet beyond potentially Barto. Will make another pass later on today. If I haven't talked about someone here, it's because their posts haven't really left much impression on me. Yes, that includes you, Empoof.

I'm glad people are enjoying the emotes.
    > "This is more of a 'I like Monty for town' read than a 'I like Barto for scum' read"
    > GH is totally holding onto that Barto scumread amirite
    I don't know what this is supposed to mean.
    Confirming this.

Taking a few hours off to get my head straight and then I'll dive in here.
    Logic's town, consider this locked in.

Chox... might be mafia, but I'm not confident enough to go there today I don't think, and I think I can get him locked in one way or the other on D2. Would prefer not going there today.

ladd seems fine, think he's a miss.

I guess Insaner can be town and it's largely for his weird gif at me earlier today moreso than anything else he's done/general temperament.

Not as sold on Merl1n town as everyone else, and it's largely for this post:

It just seems a little overdone, even for the "I'm new and this is my first game" act he's putting on. I don't doubt that this is his first game but I feel like he's putting it on a little too much.

Empoof is gut mafia for me. Can't really explain it now. Kill me tonight if you don't want me to flesh this out please.

Guess I'm voting with my two large posts as a guideline. Anyone I haven't talked about I'm probably ambivalent about.
    If I'm to put this in a readslist I think it goes something like:

Logic
    Fable

Zack
    Insaner

Monty
    ladd

--- town line ---

Csargo
    dya
    Newyn
    Pzelda
    Cuth
    Egix

Empoof
    Choxorn

--- null/idk line ---

merl1n

El Barto
    Not actually sure how much I like El Barto at the bottom but I don't really have the energy to try to find a different non-Monty lynch right now in my null territory.

Vote: El Barto
    Ok.

Vote: PZelda
    Honestly, I'd probably describe it as Not Your Town Game and then go into the process of describing your town game.
    Straight up, I'm a bit annoyed that Insaner was like "I HAVE A PERFECT READ ON PZELDA AND HE IS ALWAYS MAFIA HERE" and then immediately walked it back to "well I've read him right 2 out of 3 games" but whatever, riding with this for now.
    Ah no, Voxx and I were DMing about something at the time and he asked me to do one. I forgot I even made it until this very moment.
    Consider the alliance sealed.
    EST+1 I believe, maybe 2.

Last I was aware he was in South America.
    I've read the pzelda iso for myself and am officially signing off on that wagon beyond "I'll sheep Insaner on it". My main problem can be best summarized by this post:

There is no attempt at following up on this. There is no hint of an attempt at following up on this. There's clarifications, a good bit about talking about MU people and meta and anything besides actual reads and takes on people, but there's very little actual solving spirit, and in my experience people making statements similar to the bolded and going absolutely nowhere with them is a pretty reliable scumtell.
    ISOing is similar to POG, dya.

Gotta go back to the Gameroom index, click on the number of posts, and click on the person's postcount in the window that pops up. One of the sticky threads (the offsite guide) provides pictoral help.
    Pretty much same.

Would feel kinda bad about Choxorn going down but that's mostly because I think I can get him with another day. Would certainly prefer him to ladd if it comes to it.
    Got any mafia? Top town? Why?
    Re: Choxorn

There's a concept about him on this set of communities (org, cfc, etc) called the Choxorn Line where anybody below his post count is officially labeled a slanker and anyone above him is ok.

Which is a roundabout way of saying yeah he's kind of a lowposter regardless of alignment, which is part of why I'm somewhat gun-shy on going for him today. His actual post content is mildly concerning, but the volume is not. Not yet, anyway.
    Hm. Usually tally manipulation, if caught, is like instalynch material.

Think it's more likely that he just didn't see Monty's vote when he was making that?
    Did you see later on where I ISO'd pzelda and started scumreading him on my own?

Vote: Choxorn
    Here, Insaner.

Click through to read the quote within.
    NAI, I think.
    Give him a day, I think.

Though if it ends up being you/him then I'm going for him.
    Already planning the nightkill, eh.
    I'm hopping off in a couple minutes back on pzelda, FYI.
    I'm gonna laugh so hard when it's Choxorn and he flips something like "Mafia N1 ONLY vig".
    Vote: pzelda
    pzelda > choxorn >>>>>>> el barto >> ladd

in order of preference
    Looks like the cavalry arrived just in time, team.
    Feeling decent. Glad to be back here.

GL, here's hoping.

I called him mafia and pushed for his (mis)lynch in the hydra game.
    Honestly, that didn't really register to me and I just reread your iso the other day lol. I was more focused on your interactions with flipped wolves

move logic to null pile then

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    Yes. Are you?

Wait, who exactly are all the wolfy people going after Barto? Zack is the strongest pusher of him and you have Zack as one of your townreads.
    kind of like this question from chox but I guess it could be as either alignment

Had a chance to go look back through the thread again, and yeah, it's mainly been Zack and Empoof pushing Barto, as well as ladd, (so, 2 of Insaner's townreads and 1 scumread), with a few others occasionally mentioning him (and Monty's voting for him now, of course). Not really sure why Insaner thinks Barto is spewed town by "all these wolfy people" going after him. Ladd going after Barto certainly doesn't mean he can't be scum, or that those two couldn't be scumbuddies.
    he follows up with it here. I'd like to hear more from chox regarding if he still thinks ladd can be scum with barto

I don't think I can really defend how crappy I was yesterday- I'm busy IRL a lot and don't always pay enough attention and that turns into me being way too inactive.

Current thoughts: Zack is lock town, merl1n, Insaner, ladd, GH, and Fable are all likely town, lots of the thread looks somewhere between town and scum to me. Looks like lots of folks wanna lynch either me or Egix today based on how we acted yesterday, and I also thought he was suspicious yesterday- but I also tracked him doing nothing last night, which is far from clearing but is certainly a point in his favor.

Really need to read things a bit more to get a stronger idea of who's scummy, I'll get to that later but for now I need to go eat dinner.
    and here we have his claim. And his town read on ladd now.

I really want more from this slot. I think the claim could come from either alignment and the change in ladd stuff is weird. But like...I can't sort it

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast