Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Default Re: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dyachei View Post
    Is cuth the same cuth I know?

did a skim through the thread just now and came away feeling good about zack and empoof and that's a pretty nice way to feel on d1
    Hi dyachei. Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the same cuth, didn't even think about it being a different person tbh.

Nice cat avy

I'm multitabling and can't really consistently devote a bunch of time to this game so far

I see a lot of village reads being thrown out for merl1n can someone talk about why?

I'm multitabling and can't really consistently devote a bunch of time to this game so far

I see a lot of village reads being thrown out for merl1n can someone talk about why?
    As far as I can tell, it's because his play seems hard to fake for someone who's playing forum mafia for the first time.
    But admittedly I'm a bit curious as to how people would have been reading him if not for that.

Is cuth the same cuth I know?

did a skim through the thread just now and came away feeling good about zack and empoof and that's a pretty nice way to feel on d1
    seems villagery, I buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Egix View Post
    As far as I can tell, it's because his play seems hard to fake for someone who's playing forum mafia for the first time.
    But admittedly I'm a bit curious as to how people would have been reading him if not for that.
    Not even counting the fact that he is new to forum mafia. There are just so many solving posts with an ACTUAL thought process behind them. It doesn't seem like he is holding back or there are topics he is trying to avoid. He's been pretty much poking at everything that exists.

Unlike ladd who just calls things tone without discussing actual content of other people.

oof

after this sick call out I may be unable to get sleep

Not supposed to be a sick call out. You are one of the least villagery people itt

Meh. I guess my biggest strife with ladd is that he never talked to me about any of my reads while having me as one of his 2 villa reads and being the only one around. From what I can gather he doesn't wolf read GH. Ladd, do you have a read on Cuth?

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post
    like who?

except me since I am a villager
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
    Not excepting you since I don't know that. But also GH and Cuth.

vote : Cuthillius
    Like I feel you would have responded to me after I answered your question but for some reason you didn't wanna.

Not even counting the fact that he is new to forum mafia. There are just so many solving posts with an ACTUAL thought process behind them. It doesn't seem like he is holding back or there are topics he is trying to avoid. He's been pretty much poking at everything that exists.

Unlike ladd who just calls things tone without discussing actual content of other people.

like who?

except me since I am a villager
    seems like zack is a villager
    This catch up post reminds me of Scare's wolf game

The bottom one. Is there a way to clear multi quotes on mobile other than by unclicking each quote individually?

Quote Originally Posted by Empoof View Post
    Dude I'm going back to hosting biweekly light games (50 post maximum) and players that hyper spam sometimes join too.

Also I'm lowkey trying to start a light game competitive circuit so be on the look out.
    Post caps are all well and good, but they're too crude when most people by inclination or conditioning are going to cluster around the high end of the distribution. A post cap just can't reproduce what we have in this thread preceding my post, <30 posts in 12 hours (somehow less active than CFC!). Also, light games are all 13 players IIRC. What about games with triple that number? And the cap comes down during EOD anyway, though I suppose a strict cap probably hasn't been tried (too unpopular?).

We need a sophisticated set of incentives, yet falling short of an actual posting-oriented game mechanic because that's an unwelcome distortion against the rest of the design. Otherwise, establish a consensus social context, like the one governing speaking volume in libraries. Catch-22: how will players trust a high-player space enough to sign up before a high-player game has demonstrated a manageable rate of activity?

Back to the game: Are insaner, Merlin, Zack, and empoof seriously all consensus town-leans now? Talk about first-mover advantage. I can't say it's terrible, but meh. It's not good. Merlin and insaner can have D1 towncred though.
    (The careful observer notes that town-leans are all town-leans because they have each other town-leaning each other, which means either an unbreakable town core or our doom as Mafia have seized narrative control.)

I think Cuth posted a Cuth kind of analysis post from my limited experience with him, but usually its been done in the context of a flow of a bunch of other posts trying to explain/defend himself. IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Newyn View Post
    Hi,

Last time I played here I got every single read wrong so you should probably not listen to anything I say unless it helps you push your agenda.
    Wait, are you offering wrong reads for others to push their agendas on? Are you third party? Oh shit, is this a cult game?

Also, day 1 is clearly absolutely useless so can I get a free pass for today?
    I feel ya bud!

don't really think I am saying anutging world shattering but

zack
    me
    insaner

are villas, in that order

I could also pretend empoof is a villager for making reads I mostly agree woth but i should probavly read his psts better and/or he should post more before
    Unironically (by all appearances) ranking yourself below another player is sketchy. Are you 3P?

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm back. I've not read much, though I did go back to see why Empoof called me towny. It's ok reasoning, I guess. It's also brave enough to be against the grain that I'll call him lean town.

I'll read more into Cuth. I was willing to call him a villager, but P#170 makes me think otherwise.
    on the other hand, the content of this post is fine but the tone is pretty wolfy

so take this hedge
    I kind of agree, actually. On the other hand, prior to his posting more here this may be nothing more than a reproduction of his uneasily subdued play in the CFC game just now, where he was lynched D1. In which case I should defend Logic against being lynchbaited.

It's possible his playstyle may also have just shifted, since I've been in only a couple of games with him since 2017.

Vote: Barto
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You complain about us town-leaning each other possibly being indicative of mafia seizing thread control, then vote the same person we're all suspecting without explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post
    You complain about us town-leaning each other possibly being indicative of mafia seizing thread control, then vote the same person we're all suspecting without explanation?
    Are you catching on yet?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"(The careful observer notes that town-leans are all town-leans because they have each other town-leaning each other, which means either an unbreakable town core or our doom as Mafia have seized narrative control.)"

Villagery paranoia

5. Zack

17. merl1n
    15. Empoof

1. Montmorency
    16. Insaner

12. Cuthillius
    14. Newyn
    11. ladd

8. Dyachei
    2. Csargo
    7. Logic
    13. Egix

9. Pzelda
    10. Fable

6. GeneralHankerchief

4. Choxorn
    3. El Barto

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newyn View Post
    Are you town?
    Yes. Are you?

I am now caught up and I have surprisingly little to say. But merlin is a firm town read now, we can lock him in bois. I also didn't like ladd very much - I don't think he added anything new and unique but instead sheeped the consensus wolf read Barto when I don't think Barto was that wolfy to warrant this much suspicion from everyone. I don't think he was villagery at all since I don't recall him posting any reads really but that isn't what everybody is sussing him for.
    I lowkey think Barto might be spewed by all those wolfy people going after him.
    Just read monty's posts again. There's little, but his single comment about my and Zack's interactions being pretty elite distancing was good enough to make me place a slight town lean on him.

The village:

Insaner
    merl1n
    Zack
    Empoof

Tentative:
    Egix
    Newyn
    Montmorency

Everyone else:
    Csargo
    El Barto
    Choxorn
    GeneralHankerchief
    Logic
    Dyachei
    Pzelda
    Fable
    ladd
    Cuthillius
    Wait, who exactly are all the wolfy people going after Barto? Zack is the strongest pusher of him and you have Zack as one of your townreads.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

wtf how am I even in the lead
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    wtf how am I even in the lead

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

That's… not helpful.

I suppose I'd better start reading a chunk of +100 posts in one go and try to unravel something.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

I thought choxorn's back and forth with newyn was overly self-serious and a bit LAMIST

merlin seems extremely comfortable in the thread for a supposed newcomer, and properly inquisitive as well

empoof seemed very laid back and at ease, which I associate more with how he behaves as a villager than as a wolf

newyn and ladd have opened about how I would expect if they were villagers, but it's also pretty easily something they could do as wolves

I'm meh on egix, slightly less meh on logic, and a bit less meh than that on dya

the watchmen hbo series is excellent and I highly recommend it

I forgot the cowboys were playing until just now

memes

Quote Originally Posted by Fable View Post
    memes

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post

I thought choxorn's back and forth with newyn was overly self-serious and a bit LAMIST

merlin seems extremely comfortable in the thread for a supposed newcomer, and properly inquisitive as well

empoof seemed very laid back and at ease, which I associate more with how he behaves as a villager than as a wolf

newyn and ladd have opened about how I would expect if they were villagers, but it's also pretty easily something they could do as wolves

I'm meh on egix, slightly less meh on logic, and a bit less meh than that on dya

the watchmen hbo series is excellent and I highly recommend it

I forgot the cowboys were playing until just now

EBWOP

I don't know how but, a few months away from turning 30, I feel that i don't have the levels of insanity required to batshit-post my way through two games in stereo, so I'll take on this game as I do the 36/12s on MU. Out for the day in the summer heat, back home, concentrate on the thread a bit, then back into overnight horror film marathons. I just can't post 12 hours in a row as I did when Zack et al. first knew me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fable View Post
    memes
    OK, I'm parking my vote here for now. Be more constructive or else.

vote: Fable

The emotes on this site are truly glorious.

I found out my free trial of netflix ends tonight so I'm probably just going to watch stuff and wait for the other half of the game to be readable.

Might play minimafia too, depends on how much netflix I watch tbh.

If you have any good recommendations lay them on me, but I'm probably just going to watch the end of stranger things season 2 and the end of breaking bad so I can do season 3 / the breaking bad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    OK, I'm parking my vote here for now. Be more constructive or else.

vote: Fable
    This is the same thing choxorn did to newyn that I disliked cause it just feels fake, and masquerades as promoting productivity when it's actually completely unproductive

Quote Originally Posted by Empoof View Post
    The emotes on this site are truly glorious.

I found out my free trial of netflix ends tonight so I'm probably just going to watch stuff and wait for the other half of the game to be readable.

Might play minimafia too, depends on how much netflix I watch tbh.

If you have any good recommendations lay them on me, but I'm probably just going to watch the end of stranger things season 2 and the end of breaking bad so I can do season 3 / the breaking bad movie.
    American Vandal

Barto what do you make of people so far?

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast