Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Default Re: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post
    the utter confidence in me being a villager feels unearned
    you are too modest

there has been a lot of skimming, which i'll try and rectify when i have more free time but i'm mostly caught up

how crazy does the end of day get on a forum here? is the lynch very likely to be between the two people with the most votes and i should concentrate effort there or could it be somewhere else at random yet?

I mean I think you could still be a wolf in theory and you are good enough to fool me on d1

but your posts are villagery, you are pushing what I think is a villagery agenda, you are hitting all the notes I expect you to hit as a villager including us agreeing on a lot and fmpov it happened before I even posted

so I am just gonna call you a villager

Quote Originally Posted by merl1n View Post
    how crazy does the end of day get on a forum here? is the lynch very likely to be between the two people with the most votes and i should concentrate effort there or could it be somewhere else at random yet?
    there is a thing called cfd where someone with 0 or little votes, gets suddenly voted at the end

generally it can get pretty crazy d1 but it depends on the game

also since I am at it, what I like about Empoof is that he is not really trying to be villagery imo

I get it's a veery generic reasons but reading his posts I just think he is posting to solve the game and not be villa read

I am also perfectly aware that I am probably villa reading at least one wolf given how undeveloped my reads are but Idrc

let's just try to lunch a wolf today

I am still open to suggestions and if people have good cases, hmu with them

This feels like a cfd game and player list so I'd expect it

ladd talk to me about newyin, not really someone I have on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Newyn View Post
    Hi,

Last time I played here I got every single read wrong so you should probably not listen to anything I say unless it helps you push your agenda.

Also, day 1 is clearly absolutely useless so can I get a free pass for today?
    thought this looked honest, poof

Quote Originally Posted by Newyn View Post
    Cuth is town here.

People giving merlin a free pass, what if he's some secret alt that's not actually new? Would you still town read them then?
    and I feel the perspective or this post was more reflective than just trying to look paranoid for the sake of it and/or trying to shade another villa

+ a secret reason

not an home run but wouldn't lunch today

though now that I re read his ISO, the dissonance between having every read wrong last game and the confidence in his reads this game is a bit weird

also I may actually like fable more than dya

maybe

@Fable can you explain your wolf read on me?

and @ everyone voting me: please unvote me, I am an incredibly dumb vote and you are limiting my EoD choices by keeping me as a wagon + you are voting a villager

also I am fragile and if I get wagoned for too long I start to get tilted, I play worse, I start getting less pleasant and no one wants that

thanks in advance

I knew I was gonna end up getting too engaged in this game once I was gonna start having time to post

rip plans of low efforting this, the burn out is gonna come for me

back in a bit

@ me if you need something

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post

maybe
    I do, personally.

Vote Choxorn

Quote Originally Posted by Empoof View Post
    I do, personally.

Vote Choxorn
    you are probably right

zack
    empoof
    ladd
    fable

who else?

you are probably right

zack
    empoof
    ladd
    fable

who else?
    take out ladd and put in merl1n

There's a lot of ~middling people that I'm choosing to slightly not comment on.

but I think Zack/empoof/merl1n is rock solid and we can deal with not lynching in fable/cuth/insaner

and people like ladd can agree and put their name inside there

take out ladd and put in merl1n
    motion rejected

we can put in merl1n though, I liked his post about changing his opinion with the lat poster, seems hard to fake as a wolf

zack
    empoof
    ladd
    fable
    merl1in

you got anyone else you are confident in?

merl1n is legitimately my absolute top town and anyone who has decided that we're using his "newness" as a crutch either hasn't read merl1n's posts or is a wolf.

Insaner, Hydra 2 probably has been my best town performance this year. Logic being the other head helped a lot too. Read Cupcake Wars, I got mislynched there d1. Willage decided to follow FTF, who was changing my posts in his quotes and tunnelled me in a super ridiculous fashion...The slot ended up flipping town too, but that's not really important here. I'm talking about to show that my meta differs slightly in every game and on different sites, It differs more. I guess gifs make me more townread in general.
    You had other reasons for voting me, hopefully I get around to responding to these latter.

Name:  spearvstank.gif
Views: 185
Size:  2.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dyachei View Post
    low key liking fable right now but I never lock in a read on him early. His wolf game is way too respectable for that. So he's light village for now

there's just a right amount of fucking around while making reads. We'll see what happens as time goes on.

pzelda - talk to me about the zack read some more? I feel like him playing around is more indicative of a village game than his wolf game so I want to understand why you find it wolfy
    Tbqh I don't know Zack's wolf game. Playing around and people townreading him for it made me suspicious at first. But I think I managed to find the towness later in his response to Bart and through his conversation with me.
    Does this mean you townread him as well?

just for some context since nested quotes don't seem to be a thing or I am not sure how to make them a thing anyway: this was me asking p about why he read monty wall thrice but didn't read cuth's

@pzelda

heyo, can you explain a bit more this post?

like you read empoof posts and he said something about monty that made you went back to re read his walls? I didn't really see empoof talk about monty much

also did you read cuth wall or not? that wall was very big so I feel you'd remember if you actually read it
    Yeah, the first longer post from poof. It had about five clear reads. It was the first thing in the game I found possible to break apart to find some alignment (looking back at it, I should have townleaned poof for making this first too). I think that my opinion on Cuth has been updated at least twice since. I mostly like him now and I even sheep his fable read.

Quote Originally Posted by Fable View Post
    Dya giving me a read after only one round of posting is....certainly a departure from the last few games we've played dunno how I feel about that.

I like csargo so I'm ready for them to flip wolf.

There are so many crab memes but no lobster memes. A journey for answers continues....
    There's a subtlety in Fable's posts I really like. Also, basically agree with Cuth's post (can't bother to search for it rn).
    Dya making a read this early should be a good look for her, but the presence was too low to call it locked.

maybe
    How about ladd?

If activity reads are a thing, he's started doing a lot to get in his active town range. He's def posting more than Dya.

Well insaner is more townie but I don't feel like trusting their reads right now.

Insaner, I want you to very slowly over the course of a either a larger post or a few larger explanation posts explain how you saw barto as town as early as you did (this is cuth's question on who do you think spewed barto as town, which I believe the answer is inside of GH/ladd and that's fine I just want you to actually show it preferably with quotes), I'd like you to stop nitpicking cuth as you're flipflopping harder than my local diner when they make pancakes which is lowering your credibility for me to take you seriously, and I'd like you to repost barto's larger post or a series of posts explaining what inside them you thought was townie.

They're in contention today, it's someone who's name is going to come up. If you're going to hard defend them at least give me that much instead of a bunch of essentially gut town reads on them. If you had a larger explanation that I missed, quote it.
    You are correct here - when I was talking about Barto being spewed by wolfy people pushing him, ladd and GH are the people I had in mind. And also Cuth: who didn't actually Barto, but he didn't not push him either as he included him in his possible wolf list. But mainly I was talking about ladd and GH.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Barto defense is interesting because "being busier in another game" (which I don't dispute) doesn't stop him from making a funny vote as opposed to talking about his suspicion.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Barto claims being busy/distracted as a reason why he didn't just drop a vote on you for saying you were going to phonepost (him shading people for that here is NAI; long story)

If we accept this explanation at face value, then think about which takes longer: dropping a simple vote, or posting what he posted instead in response?

vote: el barto
    zack n1 kill subbed

teammate el barto bussed

shaded empoof while weirdly defending my ither wolfmate gh

checklist of stuff to do is all done

I'll see you in 10 hours or so but if you need something @ me
    wpuldnt really say I am that convinced

just think he was tge wolfiest early on

I agree with your read there and his early phone post just looked like a read wolves know they are making on a villa (insaner) so hold themselves back and put it out there more as information than actually something they wanna push
    also just to clarify - I had the barto read before I read your posts on him, zack

you calling him out as well was one of the thing that made me think you are villagery

I saw someone point out that those 2 weren't even the main pushers on El Barto - he was mostly pushed by Zack and you also agreed with it, and I since the two of you are my top villager reads, someone, maybe even more than 1 person, had argued that my point about Barto being spewed is moot since the people I think are wolfy that scum read Barto have actually barely pushed him. But to me, ladd's and GH stances on Barto look exactly like how wolves treat consensus scum read villagers - call them wolfy and then sit back while another villager (Zack) does all the dirty work of convincing others to vote them.

Barto's big post and my comment on it:

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    OK, a few thoughts from a Barto that really needs Focusyn but won't take it so that the John Carpenter film that's about to start can actually disable my remaining neurons and make me fall asleep before 5 a.m. for once in my sorry life.

There's a lot of players whom I cannot read (ladd, Egix, dyachei -mostly-, Insaner, Empoof, merl1n, Fable -mostly-) because I haven't played with them -well, dyachei and Fable a bit, but it's been ages. So I'll play it by ear.
    There's something weird there.

Zack's being aggressive and his read on me seems to have caused an interesting chain reaction from easy bandwaggoners (notice how *he* isn't voting me ;))…

… and then you voted Choxie, at least, but Fable's reaction makes me still suspect him.

newyn/Choxorn's N/A for now but only because it's D1. I've seen mafia duos get by with mutual tunnelling before.

GH's stopping by to post an announcement that he cannot post is odd.

Cuth… my x-postspidey sense tells me that's the real Cuth, at least he's solving, leave alone for now.

Monty… I think he tried to defend me? Odd. But then he voted for me (post #193) without even saying why, just jumping on the bandwaggon. I cannot take earlier D1 votes as terribly serious but Monty's I can because he does a lot of analysis and then plonks down the vote on me. Ty Monty and vote:Montmorency (Fable, get active, man). Counterwaggon roll, choo-choo!

Has anybody seen pzelda? He's the only one not posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
    This post from Barto is alright. He just sees the things that look odd to him and spills it out into the thread. It looks natural. I think his jab at consensus #1 town read Zack is villagery because the wolves already know they won't be lynching him. Also calling someone odd for trying to defend you is probably >rand villager although I don't really have many examples to back it up.

I'm trying to think if I can give you something more other than it just seems natural to me. The answer is sadly no =/ It just strikes me as him giving his... unfiltered? impressions of things. He isn't trying to force any conclusions with his comments which makes it look genuine. He has very little volume and I know it's not a good town case but I think the reasons to wolfread him are way, way worse. It's literally just Zack's two post read where he said that El Barto was wolfy for not voting me along with his joke. That's literally it. It's an okay read to make 5 minutes into the game, but I just checked and Zack actually never updater his read, the only time he gave something else was this post:

This is the same thing choxorn did to newyn that I disliked cause it just feels fake, and masquerades as promoting productivity when it's actually completely unproductive

Which is like, sure it's unproductive, but villagers cast votes on non contributors all the time as well. He never commented on Barto's read post.

Sorry it took so long, got distracted a couple of times.

5. Zack

17. merl1n
    15. Empoof

11. ladd
    16. Insaner

10. Fable
    14. Newyn
    12. Cuthillius

2. Csargo
    7. Logic
    1. Montmorency

4. Choxorn
    6. GeneralHankerchief
    9. Pzelda
    8. Dyachei

13. Egix

3. El Barto

-----

cya!

Quote Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
    Which is like, sure it's unproductive, but villagers cast votes on non contributors all the time as well. He never commented on Barto's read post.
    it's still passive and something he could easily do as a wolf

barto is a pretty confrontational villager. not feeling that at all here

kind of a weird read but I kind of like that GH stepped away from the game after the hydra game ended. feels like if he were wolfing he'd be more likely to try hard after a loss there

almost feels you're TMIing barto town tbh

Quote Originally Posted by dyachei View Post
    kind of a weird read but I kind of like that GH stepped away from the game after the hydra game ended. feels like if he were wolfing he'd be more likely to try hard after a loss there
    you really think so?

he seemed pretty tired to wolf by the end

also see ya, zack. Hopefully we are still both around tmr but our free times this game don't seem to coincide much

it's still passive and something he could easily do as a wolf

barto is a pretty confrontational villager. not feeling that at all here
    This looks confrontational to me.

OK, I'm parking my vote here for now. Be more constructive or else.

vote: Fable
    (you're not incuding me to change my vote, Fable-san)
    Zack's being aggressive and his read on me seems to have caused an interesting chain reaction from easy bandwaggoners (notice how *he* isn't voting me ;))…

… and then you voted Choxie, at least, but Fable's reaction makes me still suspect him.

Monty… I think he tried to defend me? Odd. But then he voted for me (post #193) without even saying why, just jumping on the bandwaggon. I cannot take earlier D1 votes as terribly serious but Monty's I can because he does a lot of analysis and then plonks down the vote on me. Ty Monty and vote:Montmorency (Fable, get active, man). Counterwaggon roll, choo-choo!

I feel like I should have a more defined read on Barto as he might be my counter-wagon.
    At this point, I don't find him wolfier or townier in any of the games I played with him on CivFanatics. He feels pretty much random to me at this point.

Also, I'm tired, taking a nap, hopefully I will wake up in time, uwu.

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast