Thread: Petition for a MTW remake

Default Petition for a MTW remake

Imagine MTW1 with the same risk style map, same civil wars, faction re-emergence, provincial titles, zeal crusading system with those long battles lasting hours (unlike the newer games), marriage system which were able to henrit lands from other eliminated nations, the thousands stacks battles, the inquisitions, the great artwork, the soundtrack, the atmoshpere, the old recruitment regional system (armenian cav in armenia, slav warriors in balkans, clansmen highland in scotland etc.), the simplicity of the game and the depth at the same time... all of that remastered with better graphics, better diplomacy with newer options also, population mechanic and newer mechanics and sieges, remaked with new graphics, diplomacy and mechanics with also better moddability... that would be a masterpiece the best strategy game in human history

That game is a gem, it must be remastered... instead of make medieval 3 CA must remake MTW 1 and maybe even MTW2, both amazing games. Like blizzard do with warcraft 3

Please CA remake this game for newer computers and operating system!

Default Re: Petition for a MTW remake

Yeah, I would definitely love and wish for that. But let's be a bit honest / realistic over here - risk style games, 2D even, will not happen any more. Everyone wants 3D, 4D even with VR, that ship has sailed.

Maybe an unofficial fan made remake mod should work to have medieval 1 but with better graphics and diplomacy using the engine of MTW2 in battles but MTW1 2D risk style map and recreating a more modern pseudo- remake with better sieges, diplomacy and graphics in battles, also more units and factions but keeping the same 2D style map with only new regions? A fan made remake unofficial could it work? So CA doesn't have to remake it but we can remake it as fans in free time as a modding project? Does it would work? Using MTW engine recreating the game but with those additions and changes maybe? I hope something is possible
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 05-30-2020 at 01:19.

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Sounds like to much to do this old girl .
    Graphics are not true 3d to begin with .
    Would be easier to do on MTW2 ... but i think it may be hardcoded so risk style map not possible .
    Be a great game if it was allowed , i prefer the old Campaign Map .

Maybe using MTW2 game engine making a 3D map with real time terrain (as MTW2 does) with mixed risk style system something beetween maybe more movement points to go beetween one province to another in 1 turn increasing movement a lot, and same for fleets if they join a route as in MTW1 move army in one turn if all ships are connected? could be similar to risk style MTW1 system but using 3D M2TW map with dinamic terrain ? A mix beetween them if a pure risk style map is not possible ? so you can go to province and another in 1 year of travel as in first game? Could it work? Keeping MTW1 artwork and portaraits to export in MTW2

What you think?
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 05-30-2020 at 21:40.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

One thing I really disliked in M2TW was the "always war" thing that made middle-time games quite annoying. Always war, always being attacked, attacked by allies.

On the other hand, diplomacy in MTW was an issue so if we can have that part fixed and some more bugfixing for newer computers, well, that would make MTW unbeatable.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

I decided! I will do a huge mod for MTW2 improving the game and adding all MTW1 features that were lost (everything made med1 great), MTW1 Artwork and atmosphere, and using a mixed 3D real time/risk style map pushing the engine to its limits with better diplomacy, much more units, factions, map of whole Asia, America, big parts of Africa, Middle East, Arabia and whole Europe... So it's MTW1+MTW2 with MTW2 engine and better graphics (at least in engine limits) and diplomacy sistem and politics. I am planning the factions (tons of factions and different starting eras) and units (more than 650)

So basically the perfect M2TW with old MTW1 atmosphere, feel and gameplay with risk elements! And all with huge number of factions, units, titles, regions and huge map!
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 06-01-2020 at 20:46.

Wow, that would be fantastic. Would that be usable with the Steam version or only stand alone version?

with steam version and cd, both