Thread: VI units to regular MTW prod unit file 11

Default VI units to regular MTW, help!

I whish to add viking campaign exclusive units like Irish darthmen and Welsh bandits but don't know how to get them work in the Grand Medieval campaign the one with early,high and late eras

How to do that? want to make both available in all eras for all factions? Many modders did that but how they managed to do that? I tried to copy the units from VI PROD UNIT 11 txt. and paste to the CRUSADER PROD file but the units don't appear in campaign nor custom battle neither. How to do that please?
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 01-26-2020 at 02:29.

Default Re: VI units to regular MTW, help!

Did you get GnomeEditor? Open CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 in it and then you can see all data well structured. You can keep the unit stats like attack/defence from viking campaign but the faction IDs are different, you have to replace them with the medieval ones. Also check the province restrictions and maybe some other fields like buildings/mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by YanBG View Post
    Did you get GnomeEditor? Open CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 in it and then you can see all data well structured. You can keep the unit stats like attack/defence from viking campaign but the faction IDs are different, you have to replace them with the medieval ones. Also check the province restrictions and maybe some other fields like buildings/mercenaries.

I managed to use gnome and change informations from VI to medieval factions and values but sadly when I launch the game it says: "error unit type column 2 row 184" and below is written number "150"... what does it mean? how to fix it?

all the informations are correct and I written factions and periods availability so why the cost of irish darthmen give error so i can't start the game? what I should write in gnome? or what to change?
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 01-26-2020 at 14:05.

The error seems to be the unit type of irish darthmen and the cost of the unit (i wrote 225 in my case) but it always give me that particular error "uknown unit type, column 2 row 184 unit cost error.... 225 "

Even thought all the informations are good it always give me that type of error... all the other informations match but I don't know whats wrong on the unit type I don't understand irishdarthmen is not too long as a name... please i'm getting mad
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 01-26-2020 at 14:18.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTheGreat View Post
    The error seems to be the unit type of irish darthmen and the cost of the unit (i wrote 225 in my case) but it always give me that particular error "uknown unit type, column 2 row 184 unit cost error.... 225 "

Even thought all the informations are good it always give me that type of error... all the other informations match but I don't know whats wrong on the unit type I don't understand irishdarthmen is not too long as a name... please i'm getting mad

Can you help me

Default Re: VI units to regular MTW prod unit file 11

The error is not the "225" cost but something from the end of previous unit messes up file formatting and the game reads it instead of the cost(everything else down the line is switched with 1 spot). Open the txt in notepad and delete the rogue letters manually
    Last edited by YanBG; 01-26-2020 at 19:18.

The error is not the "225" cost but something from the end of previous unit messes up file formatting and the game reads it instead of the cost(everything else down the line is switched with 1 spot). Open the txt in notepad and delete the rogue letters manually

Here's the pdf file of the crusaderprod11 txt. check you because I didn't noticed anything wrong, tried to reduce the tabs and the spaces beetween but nothing still error

i could send the file to you so you can see it better because I checked but I don't see anything strange or wrong with the letters and it's very confusing for me. Maybe you can give me a better idea of what might be wrong in the file.

HERE's pdf of the crusaderprod11: https://docdro.id/Qfs4RST

P.S=Just to let you know I changed darthmen cost from 225 to 150 so now is 150 the cost
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 01-27-2020 at 05:02.

Default Re: VI units to regular MTW prod unit file 11

I have all VI units in CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 from my mod you can copy them from there.

I have all VI units in CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11 from my mod you can copy them from there.
    It worked, thanks! But I was forced to copy all the crusaders11prodfile and owervrite the other but it works :)