Thread: Crusade Question

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

Ok I am the English it is 1187 ad and I have only advanced to Scotland. The French, Spanish and Italians are all my allies and I am in good faith with The Pope. He asked to destroy the Muslems. I figure, great time for my first crusdae so I pick the provence on the bottom of the map, I forget the name but its the only province the Muslems hold on the same plain an Spain. Can I take as long as I want to get there? Like go through every province possible to gain troops? Or do I have a time limit? thanks.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

as a player faction, your crusade will be 'routed' meaning you will only have the choice of moves to provs which are directly towards your target. The crusade loses a few men every turn, so you do not want to linger for over long.
    - All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Member Member and another thing....'s Avatar

No limit as such MK but the longer your crusade takes to reach its objective the more men you lose to desertion etc.
    In each province you go through you will attract new men,depending on how pious the province is, but also lose some at the same time.

My tactic is this - prior to sending out a crusade build 5/6 bishops. Place these in the provinces of those nations who have big armies - by placing a bishop (or priest if cannot build bishop) it increases the religious motivation of the people and troops in it. When your province passes through, you should get more troops and therefore deplete the other armies. What you`ll need to do is keep moving your bishops and priests so that they are in a province a couple of years before you enter it.

By having so many, you can have 3 or so provinces targeted at the same time.

I see, I am moving now, toward Granada. I am in my province of Aquitaine ad now entering Spansih territory. I use the cheat were I can see the whole map (not really a cheat) and They have alot of troops. I havent noticed a decrease yet, I have overr 11000 troops. I'll let you know my finly count when I reach Granada.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

1279....I hade about 1300 but the lst province I travelled through hade 30% muslim belifs, when I conquer Granada, I am gonna have to get alot of bishops quick, lol

Senior Member Senior Member Jacque Schtrapp's Avatar

Minikiller:

When you launch a crusade, hold the crusade up in the air above the map and look for all the highlighted provinces. These represent the possible routes your crusade can take. I like to look for the route that contains the most catholic provinces and soldiers. Also you can move your crusade across water by using an allies ships. Good luck

Thanks

These Damned Muslims Gosh darn, I have 950 men left and they attack me with 400 and yet kill 750 and I only kill 10 AHHHHHH, 3 battles and htis has happened, maybe I should "automatically resolve the attack" grrrrrrrr

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

What???

You lost 750 and killed only 10 in personal combat with the AI? Damn I have only seen such losses when auto-calcing.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

10? lol I meant 150, musta missed the 5, its wierd, all my men just run, must be casue they have very low valure, anyway I auto cal. it and won, twice now they are coming at my with a Jihad, I am so screwed, Italy even did A crusdae there yet, no Jihad on them

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Jihads only work on lands formerly held by the faction. So if the Italians are kicked out again then no Jihads will come their way. You on the other hand have a province they have held at some point, so they will gladly send a Jihad at you.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!