Thread: Adding new units problem

Default Adding new units problem

So I created some units, but I managed to add only two ... I made the change correctly in all files.
    After adding the third unit the game crashes!
    I think it was after I added the third unit in the descr_model_battle file, even if configured correctly... This error message "DATA_BASE_TABLET ERROR max records exceeded from file"

PS:I Know that files only accept 300 units,but is there any other way?Whoever can help me, I am grateful.
    Last edited by lantern; 03-01-2020 at 23:14.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Adding new units problem

Unfortunately, it is impossible to exceed the unit limit. Some modifications got around this by creating separate campaigns for several factions, so that in one campaign they could allocate more units to this faction, and another to that faction, but the file can only contain 300 or so units.

How many units are there in your file? Because it does seem you exceeded a hardcoded limit.

Default Re: Adding new units problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Unfortunately, it is impossible to exceed the unit limit. Some modifications got around this by creating separate campaigns for several factions, so that in one campaign they could allocate more units to this faction, and another to that faction, but the file can only contain 300 or so units.

How many units are there in your file? Because it does seem you exceeded a hardcoded limit.

Thank you for your attention to my question Ludens.
    Yes, that's exactly what happened, but I solved the problem by excluding some less important and (apathetic) units from the DMB and adding the ones I created ... I did it correctly excluding them from all the files they were in and the work it is perfect !