Thread: Possibly the most racist clip video on Youtube?

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Default Possibly the most racist clip video on Youtube?

Watching this made me feel decidedly queasy.

Sure, let's reinforce the idea that Metalheads are all white supremacists.

I'll let you guys stew on this one, if nobody gets it in 24 hours I'll explain.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Default Re: Possibly the most racist clip video on Youtube?

So it's from this film:

Most of the interior cockpit scenes, where you see the pilot's hands, are shots of Lightning - but Lightning is black so when they edited together the music video they make sure you never see his face.

Member thankful for this post:

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Did not see that flick. But any air war history buff would know the pilot's ethnicity from one glance at the plane deco.

I was incredulous on the 109's making a stern attack on a bomber box. You might get some good hits that way, but you were likely to be sawn apart in seconds by the massed gunners. There was a reason for the 12-o-clock high stuff.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Did not see that flick. But any air war history buff would know the pilot's ethnicity from one glance at the plane deco.

I was incredulous on the 109's making a stern attack on a bomber box. You might get some good hits that way, but you were likely to be sawn apart in seconds by the massed gunners. There was a reason for the 12-o-clock high stuff.
    Was that head on? I remember James Stewart talking about the importance of maintaining a good tight formation in World at War, but I never quite understand why except for the ability to drop bombs on target. Were there any after the fact studies of the effectiveness of defensive fire in these formations?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post

It's a George Lucas film and therefore extremely corny and retro by modern standards, a lot of people hate it for that, but it really tears me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Was that head on? I remember James Stewart talking about the importance of maintaining a good tight formation in World at War, but I never quite understand why except for the ability to drop bombs on target. Were there any after the fact studies of the effectiveness of defensive fire in these formations?
    One word - crossfire.

Blog Entries

Friendly fire incidents tend to discourage the remaining pilots.

In addition: once the RAF started gaining sizeable numbers near the end of the battle of britain they found there's diminishing returns when you start sending large numbers of planes into individual interception missions.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 03-24-2020 at 21:47.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

There are several other errors in that video.

The first is having the 332d (Tuskegee Airmen, Red Tails) flying the P-51D. They flew the P-40F & L in N. Africa; and then were assigned the P-51C, P-38L, or the P-47D (depending on the squadron), which they flew until the end of the war. Never flew the P-51D.

Second error is the bombing formation used by the B-17G's. the USAAF adopted the 12 plane squadron box with 3 squadrons per formation in 1943. The video mostly mirrors that except there are far too many bombers grouped together (distances between 36 plane formations was about 3-4 miles) and too many bombers flying at exactly the same altitude. There was almost always an "upper", "middle", and "lower" flight pattern to make it more difficult for FlaK gunners to make range.

A third mistake is the P-40 Warhawk fighting in Europe by late 1944. The RAF briefly flew them in 1941 & 42, but quickly realized they were not as maneuverable as the Bf-109 or the Fw-190, and were withdrawn from service there (although they served fairly well in The Med).

A fourth mistake (as best as I can identify the Bomber Groups from tail-wing markings) is having the 476th (could be the 477th) Bombardment Squadron flying the B-17G. Both Squadrons flew the B-26 Mitchell, and both were disbanded 1 May, 1944.

Just sayin'.........
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 03-24-2020 at 23:05.
    High Plains Drifter

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I'm confused, why is this racist?
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Sabaton is one of the most known historical promoters, it's a very well known heavy metal band only with a history topic.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Were there any after the fact studies of the effectiveness of defensive fire in these formations?
    Yes. Brief overview of formations used:

http://iloveww2warbirds.com/combat-b...-bombers-wwii/

Discussion about effectiveness (keep hitting the 'continue reading' button):

https://www.quora.com/How-did-WW2-Al...osing-fighters
    High Plains Drifter

The video editor was careful to keep black faces out of the footage for some reason.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love the fact people are focused more on the specifics of the models used, the decor of the planes, and all those sorts of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    The video editor was careful to keep black faces out of the footage for some reason.
    Though you could argue that it is edited so the German planes were outperforming the Allies too, compared to the original source clip where Lightning was mocking how bad they were and 'having fun' with them. Though I think the aim was primarily trying to have a "cool looking air battle" as the main priority, with some white supremacy theme being icing on the cake.

However, these changes doesn't even come close to "most racist clip on Youtube" hyperbole, because frankly, there are outright racist clips on there.
    Last edited by Beskar; 03-25-2020 at 20:22.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I love the fact people are focused more on the specifics of the models used, the decor of the planes, and all those sorts of things
    Guilty as charged

Back 15 years ago, I was a map-maker and scenario designer for an SSI game called Pacific General. While I was always a bit hesitant to get into that kind of detail, my maps were in demand from campaign designers around the world because of the detail I put into them, and my individual scenarios were always voted into the top 10 of new/revised works.

...........so they made a lot of mistakes with that CGI that gamers would notice

Though you could argue that it is edited so the German planes were outperforming the Allies too
    Liked The Tuskegee Airmen better, anyways.......
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 03-25-2020 at 20:39.
    High Plains Drifter

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Not really sure why this is an issue. This is not an official Sabaton video, this is some random Russian (I assume from the Cyrillic channel info text and YouTube avatar) dude's channel, and the movie came out in 2012, the song is from 2005, I think. My first thoughts were actually of likeness licensing rights from David Oyelowo's agency before I checked the dates. So, no, definitely not the most racist video on YouTube, way too subtle.

Love the bomber formation talk though, my grandfather was a bomber pilot during the war.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Member thankful for this post:

Beskar 

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I completely overshot that @drone, thank you for taking a look at that. I retract my earlier statement, it is most likely a mash up by a white supremacist then for the lolz.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."