Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

  1. #1

    Default CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

    Hello, I know there are bunch of "CTD before/after battle" topics, but I have tried everything and still get it. I constantly get CTD before starting battle, during loading (once just after starting battle), it is when defenders attacks me at the end of the siege. What is weird, if I attack this or another village and attack them instantly (they have no walls), then I get an error after about 20 minutes of battle.

    I would include log, but for some reason I have "You may not post attachments". I get bunch of errors but as far I've investigated these are "normal" errors, which shouldn't prevent normal gaming, such as "Error in battle script command 'unit_set_experience': invalid unit label 'Eu39'." or Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'MAu1'. The last error is:
    [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.

    Kingdoms 1.05
    EBII 2.35
    Windows 10
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 (integrated), driver version 16.08.2018
    8 GB RAM memory
    Windowed, borderless, custom resolution 1600x900

    What I did:
    - Followed instruction (including starting vanilla camapaign and finishing the turn, installing DirectX and C++ libraries, installing outside Program Files)
    - Shaders set to version 1, all graphic settings to low, V-Sync turned off.
    - Large Address Aware in kingdom.exe set to True. Tried with LargeAddressAware.exe and 4gb_patch both. 4gb_patch does the same. LargeAddressAware.exe shows me that this flag is set to True.
    - kingdom.exe set to run as admin and as Windows 7
    - deleted the map.rwm file (in: "mods\ebii\data\world\maps\base") (as suggested in https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-after-battles). Of course I also tried staring battle many times before deleting/renaming this file.
    - starting new campaign with same faction
    - starting battle from another position/angle on map
    - exited all programs when launching Total War.
    - no problem when auto-resolve

    Please help. I loved EBI, but it was extremely unstable, I hoped that EBII will be better in that matter. If needed I can upload trace log too (though it is over 80 MB).

  2. #2

    Default Re: CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

    Do you get a message when the game crashes or does it just return to the desktop ?
    Also, do you have another GPU on your laptop ?
    If you have a dedicated card, you can set which one to use in the control panel of the said GPU.
    I know that you said that you lowered your graphics but EBII units models are of a far more detailed than the base game.

    Also the best thing would be to attach the log but for that you need a certain number of posts on the forum, and I don't know how many (maybe 5).
    Last edited by Domaje; 04-18-2020 at 18:02.

  3. #3

    Default Re: CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    Do you get a message when the game crashes or does it just return to the desktop ?
    Also, do you have another GPU on your laptop ?
    If you have a dedicated card, you can set which one to use in the control panel of the said GPU.
    I know that you said that you lowered your graphics but EBII units models are of a far more detailed than the base game.

    Also the best thing would be to attach the log but for that you need a certain number of posts on the forum, and I don't know how many (maybe 5).
    I just get "Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.".

    No, it is my only card. I am aware that this is not the most powerful graphic card in the world ;), but I've played a lot in Stainless Steel and some in Broken Crescent (another total conversion mods of M2TW) with High graphic settings and never had a single problem with crashing.

    Well, I still cannot find an option to attach a file, maybe I am looking wrong. I've shared it at google drive instead:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ny...BaKP3DnyfOw1w_

  4. #4
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,580

    Default Re: CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

    You can't post attachments until you've posted a minimum number of times - it's a forum setting to stop spammers. I think it's 25 posts.

    Can you get a trace log and upload that? It's not clear from that error log what's happening at the moment of the crash.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 04-21-2020 at 13:05.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  5. #5

    Default Re: CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

    Sure. But I don't think it contains useful info.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WI...XPkx-eQ0ZuDDs2

  6. #6

    Default Re: CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

    Hi there! I recently had a short time enjoying EB2 but have decided to delete it and possibly give another go at reinstalling it due to the siege/sally CTD issue. I am using the Steam MTW2 on a Mac (2015, 16gb, 2.5 Quad, Dual GPU w/ 2gb AMD if that helps) but am I correct in thinking this is not a Mac specific issue? Thank You!

    Edit: Nevermind I see in a post above mine that this doesn't seem to be a Mac only issue
    Last edited by St. Drew; 01-07-2021 at 04:32.

  7. #7
    Member Member Zarrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Re: CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Drew View Post
    Hi there! I recently had a short time enjoying EB2 but have decided to delete it and possibly give another go at reinstalling it due to the siege/sally CTD issue. I am using the Steam MTW2 on a Mac (2015, 16gb, 2.5 Quad, Dual GPU w/ 2gb AMD if that helps) but am I correct in thinking this is not a Mac specific issue? Thank You!

    Edit: Nevermind I see in a post above mine that this doesn't seem to be a Mac only issue
    Did you used some 3rd party utilities? Game is old and designed to address only 2GB of RAM, but there are some patch to to deal with it.

    In case of big mods it is advisable to to save and quit game from time to time to empty out the memory.

  8. #8

    Default Re: CTD before battle, tried everyhing, including LAA

    Quote Originally Posted by srndiosp View Post
    Sure. But I don't think it contains useful info.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WI...XPkx-eQ0ZuDDs2
    Thanks for sharing the file!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO