Thread: Playing online MTW Gold Edition

Default Playing online MTW Gold Edition

Greeting guys!
    After more than 15 years, me and some of my old clan mates would love to play some MTW online, but we cannot!
    I bought medieval total war gold edition, but I didn't find a way to play it online... we tried hamachi but it didnt work...
    DO you have any suggestion for playing?

And of course, if someone wnat to join us, we will have fun together!

Daevorn

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Playing online MTW Gold Edition

Hi Daevorn,

Welcome to the Org!

I would suggest you guys purchase Medieval TW Steam Edition, that way you can work it out on Steam.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

we bought the steam edition, but we didnt find how to play, can you help me please?

Unfortunately I never played MTW MP (only the later titles), but I will tag some people from the forum, maybe they know - @Togakure / @Ludens / @drone / @Martok / @caravel

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thank you edyz!

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Hi there. I haven't played MTW-VI since the days when the clans were still active and the official MP servers were still up. I did pick up MTW-VI on Steam, and play solo campaigns now and then. But I thought MP ended with the servers being shut down. I dimly remember that 7Bear7 Clan (Bear Bottom, specifically) mentioned running an unofficial server, but that was still years ago and I never checked it out. It might be worth asking him/them if you can track them down.

Sorry I can't be of any significant help here. It'd be a gas to play some MTW-VI MP again for kicks. I didn't care for MP on any of the subsequent titles. GL HF.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I have not tried MP since the Gamespy days. I know there was a server alternative later on, but I don't know who ran it or how it was configured. The Steam version should support it ("should" as in they ought to, not that they actually do), I haven't really looked into it since I got my Steam copy.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

We did it guys!!!
    You can play MTW:VI Gold edition via gameranger, but first you have to do something; I paste a post from gameranger forum

---------------------

Here's a trick that works for all Dungeon Siege games. It should allow you to manually add most games.

1. Download and run https://amd989.github.io/Symlinker (it's just a front-end for the mklink command).
    2. In Symlinker, make a directory junction to your game directory in Program Files: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...04/unknown.png
    3. In GameRanger, hit "Edit -> Options -> Games -> Dungeon Siege -> Browse" then select "DungeonSiege.exe" from Program Files: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...00/unknown.png

You just have to adapt it to your game.

---------------------------
    It works for MTW!!!
    it's really easy to setup, 2 minutes and you can play again MTW

Awesome stuff, thank you Phoinix

Proud

Been to:

This is great news....going to look into this. Hello to my old friend Toga! :)
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

Member thankful for this post:

Question...can I use the original game MTW/VI on disc to play on gameranger or do I need to purchase the gold edition on Steam?

Guys, we are playing MTW:VI everyday, many times a day

You can use your old version, but I suggest to purchase the Gold edition at g2a.com, it's only 2€ and you don't have to worry for compatibility, patches, ecc
    https://www.g2a.com/medieval-total-war-collection-steam-key-global-i10000005958002
    Come to battle! this evening we fought with an aggony clan member!

we also made a Facebook page, search "Medieval I - Viking total war “Return to the origin”

MAKE MTW GREAT AGAIN!

Wooow, good to see stuff like this again!
    @Phoinix_Daevorn, can I ask you kindly to make a detailed post on how to connect to MP on MTW? I would like to share it with the whole of the Org Community and maybe get a couple of members (or many!) to join!

Proud

Been to:

It's my pleasure!
    Here we go

Time estimated: 3 minutes
    1. Download MTW:VI Gold edition for Steam here: https://www.g2a.com/medieval-total-war-collection-steam-key-global-i10000005958002 . Cost: 2€

2. Download Game Ranger and register an account: https://www.gameranger.com/

3. Download Symlinker here: https://amd989.github.io/Symlinker

4. Open symlinker and set these parameters: Type of Symlinker: "Folder Symbiotic Link"; Link Folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\"; name to the link:"Medieval_TW"; destination folder:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval Total War 1 Gold

5. Open Game Ranger, find or host a MTW:VI game. Game Ranger will not find it, and it will ask to browse the folder; you put "C:\Program Files (x86)\Medieval_TW".

6. Have fun��

MAKE MTW GREAT AGAIN!

Members thankful for this post (2):

I found my old account

come to play!
    Masada Shall Not Fall Again

Done, posted! Thank you Daevorn!

Proud

Been to:

Well hello there, honorable Hunter King George. It's been a very long time. Glad to know you are alive and kickin'. Ever encounter members from the ol' Hunter crew? Hikaru? If you do, wish them well for me.

Thanks for posting the "How to" on playing MTW-VI MP again, guys. I already have the Steam version of the game, just need to get the other stuff and configure it. Unfortunately, now is not a good time for me to be doing that, but perhaps soon. An old friend from the Shogun Total War days just pinged me on Facebook, asking if I knew if it was possible to play STW1 or MTW1 MP online. Now I can point him to this thread. He usually goes by Methos, should you encounter him--a very pleasant chap and fun to game with. I might toodle along at some point, when circumstances permit. Will definitely need to brush up some beforehand, lol. I'm older and my reflexes aren't what they used to be, ha. GL HF.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

I see some Old Guard members over here...

Proud

Been to:

Hello Toga! Indeed its been a long time. It's a tough time in the world right now. Hopefully we can meet on the battlefield once more...for old times sake. :)

There a few Hunters lurking about (CanCritter, WiddleBear, Elmo), some Aggonies like Lion have shown up to our games, Clan Phoinix has the most members playing with us and seem the overwhelming force at this moment. Members of the German Order {GO} are also representing like King Krusher. But we also have ronins like MaxtheLeveller, Potiomkin, Gvarez, Trask. At our suprise, we have even managed to play a few new players that have never played MTW multiplayer before (we are helping in training them).The list is growing and have been busy reaching out to our old friends. It is a slow process since many have not logged into Steam, or forums like here, or anything else. But so far it has been a blast, good games, no lag since we all have better and faster internet and PCs. We have installed the mappacks, mods, and will be trying some "CWC rules" games (if you remember those). We welcome everyone to join us. Special invite goes out to you Togakure. :)

Long live the HUNTERS! King

Member thankful for this post:

I picked up copies on Steam for my sons to play (I really enjoyed the game back in the day, and they have been enjoying single player). I wanted to let them play against each other. However, even though I followed the steps from @Phoinix_Daevorn above, I could not get GameRanger to recognize Total War.

GameRanger has two options: Medieval Total War, and MTW Viking Invasion. It does not want to take the Medieval_TW application for either of those. I did not see any other options in GameRanger.

If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter KIng George View Post
    Hello Toga! Indeed its been a long time. It's a tough time in the world right now. Hopefully we can meet on the battlefield once more...for old times sake. :)

There a few Hunters lurking about (CanCritter, WiddleBear, Elmo), some Aggonies like Lion have shown up to our games, Clan Phoinix has the most members playing with us and seem the overwhelming force at this moment. Members of the German Order {GO} are also representing like King Krusher. But we also have ronins like MaxtheLeveller, Potiomkin, Gvarez, Trask. At our suprise, we have even managed to play a few new players that have never played MTW multiplayer before (we are helping in training them).The list is growing and have been busy reaching out to our old friends. It is a slow process since many have not logged into Steam, or forums like here, or anything else. But so far it has been a blast, good games, no lag since we all have better and faster internet and PCs. We have installed the mappacks, mods, and will be trying some "CWC rules" games (if you remember those). We welcome everyone to join us. Special invite goes out to you Togakure. :)

Long live the HUNTERS! King
    Sounds like you are all having fun, which is the point :). The rules I remember were 10K, no more than 4 of a unit type, and no arty. Never did play in any of the CWC or CWB tourneys; these were just the day-to-day rules for a reasonably balanced experience.

The gentleman above my post could use a hand with getting set up. Don't want his request to be missed by my response. GL HF, all.

P.S. Hey there, CanCritter :). Were you a Hunter when I was active? I seem to remember you from here, long before I signed up with the Hunters. Maybe you joined after I left? Or more likely, I'm just having another age-related brain-fart.
    Last edited by Togakure; 08-04-2020 at 06:35.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo