Thread: Rome II or Three Kingdoms?

Default Rome II or Three Kingdoms?

I am in lock down mode (I hope everyone is staying healthy and well) and have exhausted my interest in MTW 2. I never played much past that release and when ever I have time I dust it off and it always provides the game play I am looking for. I enjoy the strategic aspects and the history around the time period. But I've become a little bored with it and need a change.

Rome II - purchased it at launch (old PC and haven't played it on Steam) and don't really know why i didn't played it more. Very interested in the time period but remember I didn't really like or catch on to the naval battles.

Three Kingdoms - I haven't purchased a TW game since Rome II and would have to learn any new game interactions. I don't know any of the history behind the period or characters (minus - never really cared, plus - I would get to learn) and the character development aspect is intriguing and something I feel has been missing since MTW 1 (I always liked giving a good general a Earldom).

Any thoughts or recommendations before I make a purchase and figure it out by myself. Thanks in advance and its always great returning to a community you haven't visited in a while and see how it has flourished.
    Last edited by Lord Godfrey; 04-22-2020 at 19:29.
    The state which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools – Thucydides

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Rome II or Three Kingdoms?

Hey there Lord,

I would suggest you go to Rome II. At this moment it's stronger on technical terms, the TW3K still has bugs, and it has more content as well to offer for it.

Let us know which you chose!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?