Thread: Total New Guy

Default Total New Guy

Greetings to all.
    Happy to be in this company.
    Presently have CD versions of:
    Medieval II, Rome, and Empires/Napoleon which I have played and enjoyed.
    Recently purchased Medieval/Viking invasion CD versions.
    The reason that I must use CD's is that I live in a rural area and must connect to the net via satellite.
    So, no Steam.
    Scratch...

Members thankful for this post (2):

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Total New Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Greetings to all.
    Happy to be in this company.
    Presently have CD versions of:
    Medieval II, Rome, and Empires/Napoleon which I have played and enjoyed.
    Recently purchased Medieval/Viking invasion CD versions.
    The reason that I must use CD's is that I live in a rural area and must connect to the net via satellite.
    So, no Steam.
    Scratch...
    Apparently, using the older disk games, you'll want it using/emulating Windows 8 for compatibility. Tech thread has some ideas on this.

Welcome.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Apparently, using the older disk games, you'll want it using/emulating Windows 8 for compatibility. Tech thread has some ideas on this.

Welcome.
    Thanks Seamus:
    Sorry, won't be emulating.
    I'd like to build a machine with new or used parts for a dedicated legacy machine.
    Scratch...

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Hey Scratch,

Welcome to the Org!

I would suggest you find on your local barter / exchange / second-hand purchase websites like Craigslist or maybe eBAY older, strong computers which can run legacy computers.

You can find very cheap legacy components and you should be able to find users who will sell you full builds of their 2005 computers for very cheap.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thanks very much.
    Should be a fun trip.
    On a fixed income, so I like cheap.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

You actually gave me some inspiration - I am off to buy an old MacBook Pro from 2006/2007, the keyboard on those was sublime (to me) and I can find some really cheap ones in very good condition nowadays!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Good luck with your search.
    Glad that I was some small help.
    I've posted a new thread on the Medieval II forum.
    This was my favorite turn based game in the past.
    I now have high hopes to be able to run it again.
    Scratch...