Thread: Total War: TROY - Official Release Trailer

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Total War: TROY - Official Release Trailer

• When will A Total War Saga: TROY be relased?

A Total War Saga: TROY will be released on the Epic Games Store on the 13th of August 2020 – add it to your wishlist here. You can also sign up to Total War Access and opt in to receive our newsletter to save the date.
    TROY will also be released on Steam in Summer 2021.

• Will A Total War Saga: TROY be available from other online retailers?

A Total War Saga: TROY will available via the Epic Games Store from the 13th of August 2020 and later on Steam in summer 2021.
    Currently we are only planning on releasing TROY on these platforms.

• Is A Total War Saga: TROY really free?

Yes, but only if you claim it in the first 24 hours after release on the 13th of August 2020!

• How do I claim my free copy of A Total War Saga: TROY?

Visit the Epic Games Store at release and pick up your copy here.

• If I own A Total War Saga: TROY on Epic, will I need to rebuy it in order to play it on Steam?

If you specifically want to own and play A Total War Saga: TROY on Steam, you will need to buy it on the corresponding platform, so make sure you grab it for free on the Epic Games Store while you can!
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 06-02-2020 at 17:26.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Total War: TROY - Official Release Trailer

Very pleased with the news, I'm going to play it from the first day. Also, glad to hear that the Steam monopoly is coming to an end, even if it's just for Troy. My confidence with Creative Assembly has finally been somewhat restored since 2013.
    That being said, Helen looks like a historically authentic clown. Also this.

For me, it's not right up my alley of interests, so I will wait and see. Perhaps I will play it at some friends to see how it works, I hope it will have more detail and not be as streamlined as Thrones of Britannia.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

So the game will have Heroes, drawing upon the mythology of the era, something similar to the Romance mode in TW3K. Let's see on the mythology aspect how it will be implemented.

Proud

Been to:

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

I'm hoping for a more historical Troy title, myself. I'm not terribly optimistic about that actually happening, however.

I actually really liked Thrones of Britannia, and its more streamlined design. I'm not sure how good a fit that would be for Troy, though.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone