Thread: POTUS/General Election Thread 2020 + Aftermath

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default POTUS/General Election Thread 2020 + Aftermath

Well here we are. Trump vs. Biden. Just under 5 months and it is election day.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Default Re: POTUS Election Thread 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    5 months
    Whoa-OH, we're halfway the-ere!

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

The only question is, what will happen when trump gets re-elected after the inevitable, widespread voter fraud, fake news and dirty election tactics?
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Blog Entries

May you live in interesting times: Ancient chinese curse.

Few times more interesting than that of Paris Commune 2: Seattle Boogaloo.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Unless the electoral suppression/fraud is on a level heretofore unseen - which to be fair isn't an outside possibility - then there is a solid basis for projecting the election not even at the standard pre-pandemic 3-to-5-point Biden win, but as a genuine 10+-point blowout. If this happens it will be due to Trump's epic Idi Amin-tier maleficent sadomasochism.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

This will be such an important election for the whole world, I cannot stress this enough. I don't think people have ever ever been so interested and invested in an American Presidential election.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Trump Thread

Speaking of elections and the current state, a significant problem explained below.

Fascinating data from the NYT: the day Biden decisively overtook Trump in raising money was the day that he picked Harris as his VP. Also Trump only outraised Biden on two days over the past two months.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ElSEQRoXgAAd7-9.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	323.5 KB 
ID:	24023
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Has it hit anyone else that the election day is in less than a week? Crazy.

Meanwhile my very conservative university professor/advisor told me today that he voted straight Dem in Georgia today for the first time ever. Pretty amazed. I dont want to get my hopes up, but my former professor cant be the only one.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Meanwhile my very conservative university professor/advisor told me today that he voted straight Dem in Georgia today for the first time ever. Pretty amazed. I dont want to get my hopes up, but my former professor cant be the only one.
    Are you throwing an Election Night party?

KFC, McDonalds, Domino's... actually wait, Popeye's Chicken Sandwich, since that is the biggest hot topic right now.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Regarding earlier posts about "hispanic" voters in USA.

1. The more recent term of art is Latinex, avoiding a presumption of sex superiority and noting that Spanish, while very common as a language and cultural antecedent of these cultures and co-cultures, is not ubiquitous. Portugese, Nuhuatl (sp?), and Mayan influences along with any number of West African influences are part of the Latinex mix.

2. Latinex voters are not a monolith. Cuban descent, especially among older generations, are staunchly GOP on the basis of hate/opposition for the Castro regime. Most of the other Latinex groups are much more divided and many trend Democratic.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Are you throwing an Election Night party?

KFC, McDonalds, Domino's... actually wait, Popeye's Chicken Sandwich, since that is the biggest hot topic right now.
    Nah, right now the plan is to order a bunch of food and do a Witcher 3 marathon.

What are everyone elses plans?
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

The current round of UK-EU Brexit talks is due to end on 3rd November. Is anything happening on that date?