Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS/General Election Thread 2020 + Aftermath

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: POTUS Election Thread 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    What I think is needful: Punitive anti-GOP voting come November. Aside from those GOP'ers who have consistently opposed Trump (3? fewer?) we should pick the Dem and fire for effect.
    To quote my second favorite Never Trumper, "every last one of them has to go."

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    On a related note, would you say that proponents of the Second Amendment as the guarantor of liberty who have also supported Trump's violations of constitutional norms have lost all authority?
    Oh absolutely. I really hope that the protesters can take back the Gadsden flag from the gun-toting, beer-bellied idiots its been appropriated by.

Oh and if anyone is wondering why the NRA has been suspiciously quiet, its probably because they are treading water financially and have laid off a huge number of their staff.

Thoughts and prayers.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (2):

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    On a related note, would you say that proponents of the Second Amendment as the guarantor of liberty who have also supported Trump's violations of constitutional norms have lost all authority?
    They have the same "authority" they had before -- the suffrage.

If you meant, 'do I believe that they have lost the moral high ground to preach about the vital nature of one aspect of the Constitution by championing a fumbling would-be pseudo-autocrat who is at best operating extra-constitutionally and quite possibly in direct contravention of other portions of that document' I would say "yes" -- while noting that they will never recognize much less acknowledge the logical and ethical fallacy in which they are engaged.

I once had a chap on this forum ask me how I, a small government conservative, could oppose abortion -- since any legislation thereupon by government would be intrusive to the individual. As in, how could I keep calling myself a small government somewhat-libertarian and, at least implicitly, call for greater government intervention into people's everyday lives.

It was a darned good question. And one I not only took days to answer for myself, but to which I still review/consider my stance every once in a while.

I would not expect that level of reflexive evaluation from the Trumpian Core.
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 08-06-2020 at 05:24. Reason: grammar
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Joe has picked Kamala Harris to be his VP.

Can't say I didn't see this coming, despite all the cloudiness over the past couple weeks regarding the pick. I figured she would be a very strong VP candidate for whoever won the primaries after she dropped last December. She is a good choice and definitely brings more excitement to the ticket. Would also love to see Karen Bass take over her senate seat if they win in November. Very glad he didnt pick Rice though, she would have dredged up a bunch of stuff like Benghazi and the whole unmasking thing that would be easy red meat for Trump's base.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 08-11-2020 at 21:58.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

At least now the VP debate might be as amusing as the president, pity it wasnt the scientologist, would have been fun watching Mike "Taze the Rainbow" Pence share a stage with Xenu.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-12-2020 at 00:43.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Considering that Jeff Sessions admitted that he got nervous when she questioned him, its going to be a fascinating VP debate.

Edit: the GOP attacks on her are amusing so far. Doesnt seem like they really know what to do with her. Trump didnt really seem to have a good line about her either. Called her phony as I recall from the presser but that seems pretty weak. Meanwhile The Federalist is selling "Kamala is a cop" tshirt which just make me confused who its supposed to appeal to? I thought the GOP liked cops? If its for the people on the left who don't like her, why would they be buying anything from The Federalist in the first place? Meanwhile in GOP talk show land they are claiming she isnt really the pick and its just a smokescreen. And others trying to connect her to Epstein or something? Weird. I'm sure they will figure out a more coherent line of attack later but for now they just seem confused. But in the meantime, Palin has some surprisingly wholesome words for Kamala.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 08-12-2020 at 02:58.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

Harris' problem isnt so much across the aisle, its in-house.

Expect Gabbard's takedown to resume circulating in liberal circles, as the BLM "all cops are bastards" tone of the last two months crashes against the symbol of all that is corrupt in law enforcement being selected VP.

A twist of the knife in the bernie bros, no mistake.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-12-2020 at 04:07.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

I dunno, I feel like the vast majority are fine with the pick, even if some are grumbling about it not being Warren or Bass. The fact that some of her biggest critics early on such as Shaun King are expressing their support now speaks volumes. The loudest people complaining about Harris being picked are the very online folks who Biden has been successfully ignoring during the campaign. If any lesson is learned from all of this its probably that Twitter isnt real life when it comes to electoral politics.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    A twist of the knife in the bernie bros, no mistake.
    *checks primary voter turnout stats* W H OMEGALUL

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is the perennial pragmatism vs purity. Biden's pick is a solid one for trying to get minorities and as many "law and order" types from the middle as humanly possible. They are the ones which are required to win elections.

I imagine that there are some Democrats who wanted Bernie to team up with AOC and the rest of The Squad who can then all snipe at Trump from Twitter for the next four years as he does further damage. But Bernie and AOC is the wonderfully "pureist" choice of proper Left wing politics which is quite some way from the "average" voter and would probably galvanise a nasty mix of money, racists and xenophobes to ensure that the Useful Idiots stay in power.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

I mean Trump is already going full-blown dog whistle and its not even September yet.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I mean Trump is already going full-blown dog whistle and its not even September yet.
    He never stopped. He is always on the attack. It is his metier.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries

I dunno, I feel like the vast majority are fine with the pick, even if some are grumbling about it not being Warren or Bass. The fact that some of her biggest critics early on such as Shaun King are expressing their support now speaks volumes. The loudest people complaining about Harris being picked are the very online folks who Biden has been successfully ignoring during the campaign. If any lesson is learned from all of this its probably that Twitter isnt real life when it comes to electoral politics.
    Forgive me, I periodically forget liberal is paradoxically synonymous with progressive in america.

My point is she's a nightmare for those who are less than enthused with the drug war, for-profit prisons, wrongful death sentances and pretty much every other thing people have been railing against the last two months in the american legal system. They might be happy enough now but Biden's got to keep Harris' AG record an obscurity for another three months else people start realizing she has an even deeper "tough on crime" authoritarian streak than he does.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-12-2020 at 22:51.

Forgive me, I periodically forget liberal is paradoxically synonymous with progressive in america.

My point is she's a nightmare for those who are less than enthused with the drug war,
    She was far better than any of her white counterparts at the time.

During Harris tenure, people charged with petty drug crimes were given a chance at diversion as an alternative to prosecution. Harris’ diversion program was so successful it became a national model. That didn’t exist before she was in office — she championed that program specifically as a route to reduce the injustices that POC face against the system.

The agency’s data shows there were 1,883 admissions to state prison on marijuana offenses during the years Harris was attorney general. There were another 92 admissions for crimes related to hashish, a drug made from cannabis resin. Notably, the figures dropped dramatically during Harris’ tenure, from 817 marijuana-related admissions in her first year in office to 137 in her last.

SOURCE:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r0ZqnAf.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	23916

So let’s be clear: Kamala was sworn into office in 2011 and within the very first year used her prosecutorial discretion to reduce marijuana related prosecutions by 70% — despite that marijuana remained illegal and her role as AG requires she enforce the existing laws on the books regardless of her personal feelings.

70%! That’s a whole lot of discretion favoring would-be defendants. By the time she ended her tenure in 2016, she reduced marijuana related prosecutions by 83%. Again, marijuana was still illegal in California the entire time she was AG. Yes, she has discretion, but discretion doesn’t mean refusing to enforce the laws that are on the books ever again.

Dropping 83% of prosecutions for marijuana isn’t nothing.

for-profit prisons,
    The state prison population went down under her watch.

wrongful death sentances
    Do you mean the Kevin Cooper case? Because by the time she became AG he had already exhausted all appeals, and the only avenue left was clemency which is solely up to the governor. Other than that, shes pretty infamous in California for being anti-death penalty, refusing the death penalty for a cop killer which really angered the police unions and Senator Feinstein who famously held a grudge against her when Kamala was running for senate.

and pretty much every other thing people have been railing against the last two months in the american legal system.

Biden's got to keep Harris' AG record an obscurity for four months else people start realizing she has an even deeper authoritarian streak than he does.
    If you want justice in criminal justice, you need diversity inside the system. To me, a portion of the people hating on her career seem to be saying that we should leave all policing matters to white people. That doesn’t sit right with me.

You can’t judge her record in a vacuum. She didn’t build the system and isn’t personally responsible for failing to singlehandedly rectify a century and a half of racial oppression from the CA Attorney General’s office. Was she perfect? Of course not. But she definitely deserves far more credit than a lot of people give her. Kamala intentionally entered public service as a prosecutor at a time criminal justice was often led by very anti-Black, anti-immigrant, anti-sex work white men. Kamala was the first Black person to be AG of California - a state of 40 million in the 2000s tough on crime era. Any attorney general’s record for a state and department that huge (the largest state DOJ in the US) can be cherry picked.

Anyways, apparently the campaign raised a record-breaking $30 million in a single 24-hour period after Harris was named VP. The enthusiasm is definitely there.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 08-12-2020 at 23:15.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

I spent way too many hours on this.

She was far better than any of her white counterparts at the time.

During Harris tenure, people charged with petty drug crimes were given a chance at diversion as an alternative to prosecution. Harris’ diversion program was so successful it became a national model. That didn’t exist before she was in office — she championed that program specifically as a route to reduce the injustices that POC face against the system.
    I am doubtful that being better than her counterparts is much of a compliment considering... well, California.

I looked up the california diversion laws and the only two I could find were proposition 36 (2000) and Penal code: Pt2: Title 6: chapter 2.5: 1000-1000.65, amended Jan 1st 2018, neither appear to make any mention of her supporting either.

Could you clarify what law you refer to and how it could be considered to be of Harris making?

The agency’s data shows there were 1,883 admissions to state prison on marijuana offenses during the years Harris was attorney general. There were another 92 admissions for crimes related to hashish, a drug made from cannabis resin. Notably, the figures dropped dramatically during Harris’ tenure, from 817 marijuana-related admissions in her first year in office to 137 in her last.

SOURCE:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r0ZqnAf.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	23916

So let’s be clear: Kamala was sworn into office in 2011 and within the very first year used her prosecutorial discretion to reduce marijuana related prosecutions by 70% — despite that marijuana remained illegal and her role as AG requires she enforce the existing laws on the books regardless of her personal feelings.

70%! That’s a whole lot of discretion favoring would-be defendants. By the time she ended her tenure in 2016, she reduced marijuana related prosecutions by 83%. Again, marijuana was still illegal in California the entire time she was AG. Yes, she has discretion, but discretion doesn’t mean refusing to enforce the laws that are on the books ever again.

Dropping 83% of prosecutions for marijuana isn’t nothing.
    What agency do you refer to and from where did you get this table?

Posession of less than an ounce was demoted to a misdemeanor in Senate Bill No. 1449, Sep 30th 2010, came right before her tenure and coincides with a major arrest dip but I find no involvement of Harris in its favour.

How do you determine the cause being her discretion and not any other factor?

The state prison population went down under her watch.
    Again how do you determine it was caused by her?

Far as I can tell her opinion was a closely guarded secret; making no comment during two sentancing reform referenda and her only action appears to be when she represented the governer fighting against reform in 2011

She publically recused herself on the topics; failed to blow the whistle when her deputies discovered a police lab technician had been intentionally sabotaging her work, putting over 600 drug cases in question.

Also in opposition to her attempting to appeal a dismissal of a case where a prosecutor had witheld and tampered with evidence as well as lying under oath.

And especially opposed to her being handed an investigation into into a sheriff’s deputies placing informants in cells next to inmates who were awaiting trial and using thier testemony as evidence without knowledge of judge or jury, only to sit on it till her term was up and 4 years later it was closed by her successor.

I would say the amount of effort she has put into not investigating potential false convictions indicates reducing numbers was not her highest priority. Apparantly maintaining the state's prison labour population was to some of her underlings.

(The NYT also wrote a claim about a George Gage whose prosecutor supposedly witheld evidence that Harris defended in the article I have been using as a starting point but they didnt corroberate it with a source so I cant be sure if this george gage exists.)

Do you mean the Kevin Cooper case? Because by the time she became AG he had already exhausted all appeals, and the only avenue left was clemency which is solely up to the governor. Other than that, shes pretty infamous in California for being anti-death penalty, refusing the death penalty for a cop killer which really angered the police unions and Senator Feinstein who famously held a grudge against her when Kamala was running for senate.
    A NYT article alledged Harris had been in the position to refuse to allow DNA testing when Harris became aware of the article instead of refutating the idea she had the power to do so she gave this statement.

Puts us into a wierd position where death row abolishonist either had refused to allow a potentially exonerating DNA test (one that is apparantly being done as we speak) or a death row abolishonist is refusing not to refute a false accusation that she did so.

If you want justice in criminal justice, you need diversity inside the system.
    There is nothing just about a quota and corruption knows no race.

To me, a portion of the people hating on her career seem to be saying that we should leave all policing matters to white people. That doesn’t sit right with me.
    To me a portion of the people caling her a good pick seem to be saying race and sex should matter over capability when selecting people for pretty much anything. That hasnt sat right with me for about 10 years now.

Anyways, apparently the campaign raised a record-breaking $30 million in a single 24-hour period after Harris was named VP. The enthusiasm is definitely there.
    Where did it come from, where will it go... something something cotton eye joe.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-13-2020 at 03:54.

I'll do a more in-depth rebuttal tomorrow since its almost midnight here, but just to quickly point out before I go to bed, the table about marijuana prosecutions says where its from in the top left corner and the diversion program I mentioned is called Back on Track (pdf warning).
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

On QAnon overwhelming the Republican party and base, as confessors increasingly run for office.
    https://www.mediamatters.org/qanon-c...-congress-2020

Oddly, of the 75 examples listed 2 were running in Democratic primaries for the House. Both were also big believers in Pizzagate. Thankfully, both turned out to be marginal nonentities.

@Papewaio might be interested in this stuff.

Sections 11 and 12 of AB4 are also unconstitutional. Those sections set forth the
    number of in-person polling places for early voting (Section 11) and vote centers for day-of-election
    voting (Section 12). Under those sections, the number of in-person voting places a county must
    establish is tied to the county’s population, resulting in more in-person voting places per capita for
    voters in urban counties than in rural counties. [Ed. Do they know what "per capita" means?] This disparate treatment of Nevada voters based on
    county population violates rural voters’ rights under the Equal Protection Clause.
    This is the Trump administration suing Nevada over the alleged unconstitutionality of a new law that provides for mail ballots to be issued to all Nevada voters (and extends the deadline for their valid submission), and mandates per-capita minimums for in-person polling locations. The Trump administration insists this violates the Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment. The argument is reliant on Bush v. Gore, which was explicitly rendered as non-precedential at the time, and has never been used in case law in the 20 years since. The premise here is that the Trump administration believes the Nevada law will deny equal access of the franchise to some voters, even though the law is designed and provisioned to do the opposite, and the Trump administration and other Republican actors have persistently acted to deny voters equal access of the franchise. Very 1984.

The suit also claims that because the law would permit non-postmarked ballot mail to be accepted up to 3 days after election day - preexisting law allowed much the same but required a legible postmark - it creates the possibility that ballots mailed after election day could be counted, which could potentially conflict with federal election law that "electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed, in each State, on the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President.” It is unclear why the potential for a ballot cast after election day would conflict with this clause if states failing to complete their counts or call the election before midnight of election day is not also in conflict with the law. In fact, in the subsequent clause of the legal code:

Whenever any State has held an election for the purpose of choosing electors, and has failed to make a choice on the day prescribed by law, the electors may be appointed on a subsequent day in such a manner as the legislature of such State may direct.
    lol

LOL

But wait, there's more to this business than Nevada.

Trump just told us how mail delays could help him corrupt the election

It’s telling that after President Trump was widely rebuked for suggesting a delay of the election, he wasn’t remotely chastened. Instead, he floated another scenario that could help him accomplish the same goal of avoiding a free and fair election:

He suggested that only the votes that can be tallied on Election Day should count.

This may seem like Trumpian bluster. But it’s much more alarming in light of an important new exposé in The Post that reports on big backlogs in mail delivery due to “cost-cutting” by the new head of the U.S. Postal Service — who, by spectacular coincidence, just happens to be a top Trump fundraiser.

And here’s an additional reason for alarm that needs more attention: The impact of those delays could be dramatically exacerbated by state laws that invalidate ballots that are mailed before Election Day but arrive after Election Day.

Guess which key presidential swing states have such provisions invalidating ballots that arrive after Election Day?

All of them do, with the exception of North Carolina.

“In states where ballots won’t count if they are received after Election Day, the impact could be devastating," Vanita Gupta, the CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, told me, adding that this could “result in potentially hundreds of thousands of ballots getting rejected.”

“The delays are going to be unpredictable with the cuts being made on the postal service,” Gupta continued. “That impact could turn a swing state completely.”

The Post exposé reports that Postmaster General Louis DeJoy is implementing changes that have critics charging that mail delays may be “the result of a political effort to undermine absentee voting.”

These changes, The Post reports, include “prohibiting overtime pay, shutting down sorting machines early and requiring letter carriers to leave mail behind when necessary to avoid extra trips or late delivery on routes.” The result:

The new policies have resulted in at least a two-day delay in scattered parts of the country, even for express mail, according to multiple postal workers and union leaders. Letter carriers are manually sorting more mail, adding to the delivery time. Bins of mail ready for delivery are sitting in post offices because of scheduling and route changes. And without the ability to work overtime, workers say the logjam is worsening without an end in sight.
    A spokesperson for the USPS is vowing that the changes are temporary and are not intended to delay the transmission of mailed ballots. But delays could nonetheless end up having a massive disenfranchising effect whatever the USPS’s motives, due to the precise confluence of factors coming together right now.

What’s more, USPS officials can plead innocence all they want, but Trump himself is banking on these delays to save his reelection hopes. Trump is basically telling us so himself.
    [...]
    It’s all there. Trump is looking to declare himself winner on Election Day, no matter how many mail ballots remain uncounted. He will say they are fraudulent. And if they tip the result against him, he will say that outcome is rigged, something he has already said publicly is inevitable.
    [...]
    This sheds more light on an important piece by David Wasserman predicting a disaster brewing around absentee ballots. Democrats will use vote-by-mail in far higher numbers than Republicans — due to Trump’s nonstop attacks on it — yet absentee ballots get rejected at disproportionate rates, due to procedural complexities.
    [...]
    “This is particularly unreasonable during a pandemic,” Weiser said. “We’re already experiencing substantial delays in the mail that will make it exceedingly difficult for many to meet those states’ deadlines, through no fault of their own.”

There is recourse here: Top Democratic lawyer Marc Elias tells me Democrats are litigating against these laws in every swing state, with an eye toward getting ballots counted that are postmarked before but arrive after Election Day. The absurdity of that deadline amid a pandemic and postal cutbacks might boost their legal case.
    How the Media Could Get the Election Story Wrong

The coronavirus crisis means that states like Pennsylvania may be counting mail-in ballots for weeks, while President Trump tweets false allegations about fraud. And the last barriers between American democracy and a deep political crisis may be television news and some version of that maddening needle on The New York Times website.

I spoke last week to executives, TV hosts and election analysts across leading American newsrooms, and I was struck by the blithe confidence among some top managers and hosts, who generally said they’ve handled complicated elections before and can do so again. And I was alarmed by the near panic among some of the people paying the closest attention — the analysts and producers trying, and often failing, to get answers from state election officials about how and when they will count the ballots and report results.

“The nerds are freaking out,” said Brandon Finnigan, the founder of Decision Desk HQ, which delivers election results to media outlets. “I don’t think it’s penetrated enough in the average viewer’s mind that there’s not going to be an election night. The usual razzmatazz of a panel sitting around discussing election results — that’s dead,” he said.

The changes the media faces are profound, with technical and political dimensions.

First, there’s already a shift underway from a single-day, in-person election. In the 2018 midterms, only 60 percent of the votes were cast in person on Election Day. More votes will probably be sent in this year by mail or cast in September and October. That risks coverage misfires: In 2018, cable news commentators spent election night suggesting that the “blue wave” hadn’t arrived. But they were simply impatient: The Democratic surge showed up when the final California races were called weeks later. If the 2016 election had been conducted amid the expected surge in mail-in voting because of the coronavirus crisis, the Pennsylvania results might not have been counted until Thanksgiving.
    Postal Service overhauls leadership as Democrats press for investigation of mail delays

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy unveiled a sweeping overhaul of the nation’s mail service, displacing the two top executives overseeing day-to-day operations, according to a reorganization memo released Friday. The shake-up came as congressional Democrats called for an investigation of DeJoy and the cost-cutting measures that have slowed mail delivery and ensnared ballots in recent primary elections.

Twenty-three postal executives were reassigned or displaced, the new organizational chart shows. Analysts say the structure centralizes power around DeJoy, a former logistics executive and major ally of President Trump, and de-emphasizes decades of institutional postal knowledge. All told, 33 staffers included in the old postal hierarchy either kept their jobs or were reassigned in the restructuring, with five more staffers joining the leadership from other roles.
    [...]
    The Postal Service will implement a hiring freeze, according to the reorganization announcement, and will ask for voluntary early retirements. It also will realign into three “operating units” — retail and delivery, logistics and processing, and commerce and business solutions — and scale down from seven regions to four.

The structure displaces postal executives with decades of experience, moving some to new positions and others out of leadership roles entirely, including McAdams, Williams and chief commerce and business solutions officer Jacqueline Krage Strako, who previously held the title of executive vice president and chief customer and marketing officer.
    [...]
    A letter signed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), House Oversight Committee Chair Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.) and seven other Democrats, including Connolly, urged Postal Service Inspector General Tammy L. Whitcomb to examine how DeJoy came to implement policies that prohibit postal workers from taking overtime or making extra trips to deliver mail on time, and how such delays specifically affect election mail.

“Given the ongoing concerns about the adverse impacts of Trump Administration policies on the quality and efficiency of the Postal Service, we ask that you conduct an audit of all operational changes put in place by Mr. DeJoy and other Trump Administration officials in 2020,” the letter states.

It also asks Whitcomb to review the finances of DeJoy and his wife, Aldona Wos, the nominee for ambassador to Canada. The couple’s holdings include between $30.1 million and $75.3 million in assets in USPS competitors or contractors, according to a financial disclosure Wos filed with the Office of Government Ethics when she was nominated. Postal Service mail processing contractor XPO Logistics — which acquired DeJoy’s company New Breed Logistics in 2014 — represents the vast majority of those holdings. Their combined stake in competitors UPS and trucking company J.B. Hunt is roughly $265,000.

During the USPS’s quarterly board of governors meeting Friday, DeJoy said he negotiated the loan terms with Mnuchin. Upon accessing the loan, the Postal Service, subject to confidentiality restrictions, will hand over proprietary contracts for its 10 largest service agreements with private sector shippers. Those businesses use the mail service for “last mile” package delivery from distribution centers to consumers’ homes or businesses.

Mnuchin had sought sweeping operational control of the Postal Service in previous loan terms, including provisions that would allow the Trump administration to approve senior postal personnel decisions, service contracts with third-party shippers, collective bargaining negotiation strategies and high package prices.

In April, shortly after Congress authorized the loan, Trump called the Postal Service “a joke” and said he would not approve any emergency funding unless the USPS quadrupled package delivery prices, a move analysts said would quickly bankrupt the agency by chasing away customers to private-sector competitors.

As for mail voting for its own sake, let's just say I'm glad New York isn't a swing state. After what happened with the primary in June - I'm not sure if they've finally fully certified the results, but if they have it took them almost 7 weeks, taking 2 or 3 just to start tallying. Tens of thousands of ballots have been invalidated on technicalities. I'm not even going to bother in November. Between walking to the county board of elections to hand-deliver a ballot, and walking to an early voting location, I'll cut the middleman (requesting a ballot) entirely and opt for the latter. Universal mail voting (with ancillary in-person option) is a great goal for streamlining the electoral process and promoting consistency and access, but this country needs a little more stability and competence to fully adopt it, despite reaching the milestone of designating the vast majority of voters eligible to vote by mail for the first time in history.

Florida is relatively good with the logistics of mail voting at least, or so I hear. Just this week, the city of Portland, Oregon held a special election, counted 170K votes, and certified the results by morning of the day after. Oregon is a state that runs ALL-MAIL ELECTIONS, and has done so for 20 years, so this shit is not impossible.
    https://www.kgw.com/article/news/pol...5-a85fda859208
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

What I think is needful: Punitive anti-GOP voting come November. Aside from those GOP'ers who have consistently opposed Trump (3? fewer?) we should pick the Dem and fire for effect.
    Redpilled. Based.

If you meant, 'do I believe that they have lost the moral high ground to preach about the vital nature of one aspect of the Constitution by championing a fumbling would-be pseudo-autocrat who is at best operating extra-constitutionally and quite possibly in direct contravention of other portions of that document' I would say "yes" -- while noting that they will never recognize much less acknowledge the logical and ethical fallacy in which they are engaged.
    The closest I've seen any of them come is Ammon Bundy distancing himself from organized anti-government groups because of backlash against him for suggesting that maybe immigrants aren't evil vermin.

Those who expect Trump to be memory holed or quasi-rehabilitated, like Bush II, or mythified like Reagan, are probably wrong.

There will be a new Lost Cause legend. Because it satisfies both the impulses to flatter oneself and one's commitments and to account for how a perfect ideology could be rejected on a national scale, which were the motivations toward the first Lost Cause (besides reinsinuating Southern power in an active way). The first Confederacy lost the fight but won the peace, enabling its adherents to advance the first Lost Cause. We must not allow it to happen again. The framework for permanent struggle is already here in QAnon.

(I do expect the name of Donald Trump to have more clout in the mouths of national Republicans than the man himself.)

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    This is the perennial pragmatism vs purity. Biden's pick is a solid one for trying to get minorities and as many "law and order" types from the middle as humanly possible. They are the ones which are required to win elections.

I imagine that there are some Democrats who wanted Bernie to team up with AOC and the rest of The Squad who can then all snipe at Trump from Twitter for the next four years as he does further damage. But Bernie and AOC is the wonderfully "pureist" choice of proper Left wing politics which is quite some way from the "average" voter and would probably galvanise a nasty mix of money, racists and xenophobes to ensure that the Useful Idiots stay in power.

As a reminder, Harris was for the elimination of private health insurance before she was against it, and post-California her record has been one of the most liberal for national Democrats (including working with AOC on climate policy and Sanders on economic relief). There is not a useful dichotomy between pragmatism and purity when what's really going on is fundamentally a difference in policy preferences and political priors, one that shifts over time. Few speak of the ideological purity of the hard-right Republican politicians (functionally the whole party), who are far more ideologically rigid than almost any national Democrat, including Sanders. (For example, in the categorical rejection of more government spending on pandemic relief.) But I've never even heard of a putatively non-partisan discourse of a tension between Republican "purity" and pragmatism, perhaps because it is widely assumed that only liberals have the agency or desire to seek to accomplish things, and therefore only liberals can be held to account for their aspirations and performance.

Most candidates run to the center in the general election. Biden is moving left.

Admittedly, it may be an advantage that Biden has over Trump that polling has evinced a perception among the electorate of Biden being more moderate. Whereas in 2016 similar polling reported that Clinton was seen as more extreme than Trump. This comes despite Biden's platform being well to the left of where Clinton's started or ended. The electorate is malinformed, underinformed, and full of idiots. Politics should be understood in terms of mechanically manipulating these tendencies to maximal advantage, rather than allowing them to manifest as disadvantage. The chief example of a Sandersite "purist" illusion/handicap is the heartfelt belief that top-down persuasion is an available and useful component of organization (contrasted with mobilization) in electoral politics.

I'm not super-enthused in the context of the Democratic VP pick being the presumptive nominee in 2024 or 2028, but Harris has time to grow. As usual, Eric Levitz does very good syllogistic analysis (though this one is a rehash).

(It occurs to me that in a scenario of long-term single-party governance, the presidential field would become narrower than it ever has. Not that we're yet at the point of anticipating a Democratic lock on national politics, and a Republican single-party state would have the oligarchic politics of Putin's Russia, I'm just saying that given the current norms around the VP position a baton relay is what would naturally emerge in any long period of single-party rule).
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

I have suspicion that many Republicans want the low taxes / high corporate profits and are prepared to voice the gay bashing, bible thumping gun shooting rhetoric to keep in line. I don't even think that Trump really gives a damn about most of the stuff he pretends to be the leader of - and as long as he helps big business / places conservative judges and ensures no gun laws it all sort of all stays together.

In essence, they are collectively held together with their hatred of the "Left" with the views that differing not really conflicting.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

I have suspicion that many Republicans want the low taxes / high corporate profits and are prepared to voice the gay bashing, bible thumping gun shooting rhetoric to keep in line. I don't even think that Trump really gives a damn about most of the stuff he pretends to be the leader of - and as long as he helps big business / places conservative judges and ensures no gun laws it all sort of all stays together.

In essence, they are collectively held together with their hatred of the "Left" with the views that differing not really conflicting.

I am somewhat taken aback by the fact that this seems new to you.

The man is trapped in his own world. Anything he does is of benefit to him alone. I don't think the Republicans have any ideas or new concepts for anything. The world is changing and the country is dealing with difficult problems, and half of the Republican senators think that if they sit back and do nothing, that everything will sort itself out. If only they extended this concept to their own campaigns.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Agreed. He has, as the classic demagogue, been USING the frothy fringe for his own ends. He doesn't truly give a rat's patoot about them.

I am doubtful that being better than her counterparts is much of a compliment considering... well, California.
    You would be surprised at how ideologically diverse California is. Dont forget that Schwarzenegger, who ran as a Republican, was the governor until 2011.

I looked up the california diversion laws and the only two I could find were proposition 36 (2000) and Penal code: Pt2: Title 6: chapter 2.5: 1000-1000.65, amended Jan 1st 2018, neither appear to make any mention of her supporting either.

Could you clarify what law you refer to and how it could be considered to be of Harris making?
    As I mentioned earlier, it was the Back on Track program, not a law.

What agency do you refer to and from where did you get this table?

Posession of less than an ounce was demoted to a misdemeanor in Senate Bill No. 1449, Sep 30th 2010, came right before her tenure and coincides with a major arrest dip but I find no involvement of Harris in its favour.

How do you determine the cause being her discretion and not any other factor?
    Well according to one of the public defenders who opposed her in court, she would routinely reduce marijuana sales cases down to misdemeanors and just not charge possession cases at all. (the whole article is a good read)

Far as I can tell her opinion was a closely guarded secret; making no comment during two sentancing reform referenda and her only action appears to be when she represented the governer fighting against reform in 2011
    The role of a DA and AG is executorial, meaning they manage the office that prosecutes on behalf of the state/district law. They do not create laws It is their job to do this regardless of their personal feelings on the law. This is similar to how public defenders must enforce all citizens rights to fair representation regardless of what evil what those people might have committed.

As for the rest of your post, I mentioned earlier that no AG record is perfect. Mistakes and bad calls happen. Harris ran for senate because she saw the problems with law enforcement and the criminal justice system in this country, and she wanted to change them. As prosecutor it wasn't within her power to fully challenge the system and change the rules, but as a senator it was, and it will be as VP. There's a reason she ran on legalizing weed, there's a reason she's running on a ticket with decriminalization, there's a reason she ran on criminal justice reform, there's a reason she ran on ethics in government, and it's because she saw the problems with the system and wants to fix them. Having a lack of diversity in the criminal justice system is how we got to where we are in the first place. A diverse criminal justice system isnt an automatic fix, but we need more people in it from different backgrounds who have a better understanding of the fixes that need to be in place to right the wrongs dealt to their communities. I know you are just concern trolling, but I feel confident that the majority of voters are fine with her, and the data supports this.

Anyways, the racist birther attacks against her have already started. Not as bad as in 2008 so I'd call this diet birtherism.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 08-14-2020 at 03:50.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    I am somewhat taken aback by the fact that this seems new to you.

The man is trapped in his own world. Anything he does is of benefit to him alone. I don't think the Republicans have any ideas or new concepts for anything. The world is changing and the country is dealing with difficult problems, and half of the Republican senators think that if they sit back and do nothing, that everything will sort itself out. If only they extended this concept to their own campaigns.
    My point was that the Right's interests whilst often being mutually exclusive do not often actually get in each other's way where as often the Left's ideas are mutually contradictory. Hence one can appear more unified than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Redpilled. Based.
    As a Boomer, I had to have the latter term explained to me by my son. He suggested it is (started as?) some kind of alt-right code language. I will assume you meant it, given the Matrix reference, in the context of me finally having "seen the light" in my vehemence in opposing the current President of the USA. I will note, however, that I am in no way, shape, or form a proponent of the alt-right agenda. They are anathema to a conservative such as myself.

As you are no doubt aware, the underpinnings of my disdain for the current occupant of 1600 PA Ave are quite different than your own, though we have come to share a short term political objective for reasons of our own -- some similar, others I suspect not so.

I realize I didn't include a link to the Nevada Trump campaign lawsuit I discussed above.
    https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...4953.1.0_1.pdf

There have been more developments on the postal front:

Trump openly admits that he wants to hinder the postal service from functioning as a component of the electoral system.
    https://factba.se/transcript/donald-...august-13-2020

Well they’re right, and it’s their fault. They want $3.5 billion for something that will turn out to be fraudulent, that’s election money basically. They want 3.5 trillion -- billion dollars for the mail-in votes, OK, universal mail-in ballots, 3.5 trillion. They want $25 billion, billion, for the Post Office. Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots. Now, in the meantime, they aren’t getting there. By the way, those are just two items. But if they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it.
    But how are they operationalizing sabotage? Well, this is certainly ominous.
    https://www.axios.com/usps-pennsylva...bc83461d6.html

The U.S. Postal Service told Pennsylvania officials in a July letter that "there is a significant risk" that mail-in ballots may not be delivered on time for the November election because the state’s election deadlines are "incongruous with the Postal Service's delivery standards," according to a Thursday court filing.

Why it matters: The letter comes as President Trump has repeatedly attacked mail-in voting and vowed that he will block demands to fund mail-in voting and the USPS, claiming without evidence that the ballots produce widespread voter fraud.

The big picture: Pennsylvania's Department of State submitted the filing containing the letter to the state Supreme Court, asking it to order that mail-in ballots will remain countable as long as election officials receive them up to three days after the election, the Philadelphia Inquirer first reported.

The results of the presidential race in Pennsylvania, a battleground state, may not be known for days after Nov. 3 if the court agrees to issue the order.
    What they're saying: Thomas Marshall, general counsel and executive vice president for the Postal Service, sent the letter to Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar on July 29.

In it, Marshall writes that "under our reading of Pennsylvania's election laws, certain deadlines for requesting and casting mail-in ballots are incongruous with the Postal Service's delivery standards."
    "This mismatch creates a risk that ballots requested near the deadline under state law will not be returned by mail in time to be counted under your laws as we understand them."
    The other side: Pennsylvania's Department of State told the court that Marshall's letter represented “a significant change to the outlook for voting by mail in the general election.”

"[T]he Postal Service had not indicated the likelihood of widespread, continuing, multiple-day mail-delivery delays presenting an overwhelming, statewide risk of disenfranchisement for significant numbers of voters utilizi
    Add it to the list of the greatest impeachable offenses in American history. To be clear, this is subverting a national government institution, one of the most respected and non-partisan there is, providing one of the most vital services, in a naked attempt to fix the election. It's really hard to top this in the authoritarian playbook. Maybe - purging the military of the disloyal and secretly inducing the remaining leadership - financially or otherwise - to support a palace coup? The US can probably be categorized as a hybrid state at this point. Do Republicans want a Maidan? This is how you get a Maidan.

Meanwhile, the GAO has confirmed what has long been known, that for the past year Trump has illegally filled vacant leadership positions in the Department of Homeland Security (which is the parent organization of ICE). Wolf and Cuccinelli have not had their appointments confirmed by Congress, as is required. Trump could easily just have them confirmed, but he never even bothered to put them up before the Senate. It's almost a parallel to all the vacancies he's failed to staff at all (on top of all the vacancies created by firing professionals or driving them out of public service), except actively illegal. Trying to damage the independent civil service is one thing, but trying to circumvent it by centralizing power outside legitimate frameworks is a step beyond.

If you think violation of the Vacancies Reform Act or circumvention of the Senate's constitutional prerogative to advise and consent sound relatively unimportant compared to the other things, you misunderstand fascism. The impunity and the outlawry are the point.

My point was that the Right's interests whilst often being mutually exclusive do not often actually get in each other's way where as often the Left's ideas are mutually contradictory. Hence one can appear more unified than the other.

Pursuant to your previous post, don't underestimate how Republican politicians and voters:

1. Prioritize social reaction and White grievance.
    2. Reject the idea of a common good.
    3. Truly have a maximalist belief in their worldview and interpretation of reality.

But regarding the second one, it can get more complicated in that now there are some trad-cons and alt-righters who - in seeking to turn the clock back onto the 19th or 18th century - are inching toward criticizing the modern financial/capitalist system. I say regarding the second one because these types will claim they're looking out for their own version of the communal good (as opposed to the bog standard plutocratists who either ignore or reject the concept in any definition).

If that ideological conflict gains prominence, it would be a much bigger contradiction than anything that comes with existing in a party-coalition comprising moderate socialists down to Euro-style Liberals.

As a Boomer, I had to have the latter term explained to me by my son. He suggested it is (started as?) some kind of alt-right code language. I will assume you meant it, given the Matrix reference, in the context of me finally having "seen the light" in my vehemence in opposing the current President of the USA. I will note, however, that I am in no way, shape, or form a proponent of the alt-right agenda. They are anathema to a conservative such as myself.

As you are no doubt aware, the underpinnings of my disdain for the current occupant of 1600 PA Ave are quite different than your own, though we have come to share a short term political objective for reasons of our own -- some similar, others I suspect not so.
    Seamus, I was trying to approbate your commitment to defeating Trump above. I'm sorry to have used opaque language.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=red%20pill
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Based
    Vitiate Man.

As a Boomer, I had to have the latter term explained to me by my son.
    I actually happened to look into this a while ago. It's a Matrix reference, obviously. It's supposed to mean taking a close look at the world and its wrongs around you, instead of burying your head in the sand. With incels and the alt-right, it means that all women are gold-digging whores because they don't want to have sex with you, blacks just want to steal your TV, and some other nonsense that takes minimal brainpower to think of. Mostly I remember the stuff about women. It's amazing how much people build their identity around being socially inept.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Idaho 

One hundred Pinocchios.

Somehow with Republicans I typically manage to apprehend the shape of things to come, but inevitably find myself shocked by the dimensions. For example, I think I was pointing out a few months ago that by all evidence universal mail voting would not disadvantage either party in abstract; yet I didn't consider the effect of engineered partisan polarization over sub-universal mail voting. Some things are just overdetermined I guess.

The following should allow you to draw inferences about what November will look like. (First is Pew, second is Marquette (Wisconsin), third is ABC/WaPo.)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b6960c06723348

President Donald Trump stunned even hardened observers when he admitted on national television Thursday morning that he would not agree to additional U.S. Postal Service funding because it would make mail-in balloting easier.

“Now they need that money in order to make the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” he said. “But if they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting.”

Later Thursday, Vice reported that the Postal Service is removing machines that sort mail ― including ballots ― from offices without an explanation, further raising alarms that Trump will degrade the post office to hurt mail-in voting.

But starving the Postal Service of funding is just one tool at the president’s disposal to slow or stop the counting of ballots sent by mail. Trump’s campaign and the Republican National Committee are already engaged in litigation to prevent voters from easily casting absentee or mail-in ballots. In Pennsylvania, they are trying to block the implementation of ballot drop boxes ― curbside boxes where voters can drop their absentee ballots to be picked up by election officials. In California, the RNC tried to stop the mailing of ballots to all voters, but failed. And the Trump campaign is also challenging a new Nevada law that would mail ballots to all active voters.

Trump administration figures are also discussing potential executive actions that could curb mail-in balloting in an effort to undermine democratic elections, according to Politico. These include directing the Postal Service not to deliver mailed ballots and ordering state officials to stop counting absentee ballots on Election Day, even though the president doesn’t have legal authority to do either of these things.

The plot is simple: Trump hopes to emerge from Election Day with a slim lead, but with millions of absentee ballots still left to count. Then he will fight tooth and nail to stop those ballots, which he has long painted as “fraudulent,” from ever being counted.
    This means that Trump could come out ahead on Election Day with millions, or tens of millions, of absentee and provisional ballots still left to count.
    Trump can’t exactly wave a wand and stop absentee ballots from being counted. He would likely need to file lawsuits in each state that he wanted to challenge, and the suits would need to target some aspect of that state’s election laws that were theoretically being violated. While post-election litigation over ballots is a long-standing bipartisan affair, an effort like this would be unprecedented in scope — essentially a nationwide challenge to mailed or otherwise delayed ballots, seeking to either count or discount certain ballots.

Already, the Trump campaign is trying to preemptively hamper the mail-in balloting process.

Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak (D) signed legislation on Aug. 3 that would authorize the mailing of absentee ballots to all active Nevada voters. Trump called the bill’s passage “an illegal late night coup” in a tweet. The next day, Trump’s reelection campaign sued to overturn the new law. The lawsuit argued that mailing absentee ballots to voters would make fraud “inevitable,” and sought to overturn provisions, like the acceptance of ballots with unclear postmarks received up to three days after Election Day, that existed as Nevada law before the bill was enacted.

The Trump campaign and the RNC are suing every county election office in Pennsylvania to stop them from allowing voters to return absentee ballots to drop boxes. Ballot drop boxes are exactly what they sound like: secure, sealed mailboxes solely to be used by voters dropping off their ballots. Those ballots are then collected by election officials and sorted and counted. Approximately 16% of voters used drop boxes in the 2018 election, mostly in states like Oregon and Utah that conduct their elections solely through the mail. The judge overseeing the case ordered the Trump campaign on Thursday to produce any evidence it has of voter fraud linked to drop boxes. (There is no existing evidence linking drop boxes to fraud.) In California, the RNC withdrew its lawsuit challenging Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom’s May 8 executive order to mail every active voter in the state an absentee ballot after the Legislature passed a bill that did the same thing as Newsom’s order.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 08-17-2020 at 09:06.
    Vitiate Man.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Harris record as a AG says more about the American justice system as a whole than it does anything about her individually. It is an unyielding meat grinder. If any of you ever find yourselves arrested the only words out of your mouth should be your name and your lawyers (or a request for one).

I understand why the more leftist, younger crowd is upset. This is not really a dream ticket by any means. I will offer my thoughts as Harris was my orginal pick for nominee. She knows exactly how the system works and can pull the exact right levers to enact lasting change. There is value in that.

I am wary of any concern trolling the Harris pick considering Trump has literal unmarked vans rolling around the pacific northwest. I understand that a candidate has to earn ones vote but sill
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Members thankful for this post (2):

This Dem ticket would lose to any number of Conservative or Moderate/conservative tickets. Against this incumbent they have a great chance.

This Dem ticket would lose to any number of Conservative or Moderate/conservative tickets. Against this incumbent they have a great chance.
    This ticket would have been competitive against Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz. Would have struggled against Marco Rubio or Chris Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    stuff
    Is it really any surprise? We've already know that the base shifts at the slightest hint that Trump decides a certain idea or policy is no longer in his best interest.
    Were you thinking that this would be the lone case that the hard truth convinces Republicans that mail-in voting has never hurt either political party?

Anything to own the libs man. As soon as Trump says something is bad, Republicans will immediately disavow it and anyone who says otherwise.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast