Thread: Henrit lands mechanics

Default Henrit lands mechanics

I NEVER seen a faction henrit land of other faction by marriage.... How henrit lands mechanic works? It's like in STW where it happen that an ally faction get destroyed and doesn't exist anymore and you henrit lands from them? Never seen it in MTW

Another question does in this game exist military access for allies and option to ask a faction to be your vassal? About diplomacy is there a way to ask a faction to be ally but not trade with it?

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default Re: Henrit lands mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTheGreat View Post
    I NEVER seen a faction henrit land of other faction by marriage.... How henrit lands mechanic works? It's like in STW where it happen that an ally faction get destroyed and doesn't exist anymore and you henrit lands from them? Never seen it in MTW

Another question does in this game exist military access for allies and option to ask a faction to be your vassal? About diplomacy is there a way to ask a faction to be ally but not trade with it?
    It sometimes happens that lands can be inherited, but I believe (from my own experience) it's only when the king himself is married to the princess from the extinct faction. That makes it a lot rarer than it is in STW. In 20 years on this game, I doubt I've seen it happen even ten times.

As to your other questions, no, no, and no
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Thank for reply mate! I think it's very rare altough that feature exist ma it's maybe 5-10 percent chance to see that in a campaign :)

other options true they are not but they will be one day when my developer team create our own engine and own rights and create a unofficial MTW remake with newer graphics, terrain system, modern battles and more diplomatic options and features but keeping risk style map and movement system from original CA's MTW! That day MTW will really be perfect and modern, under other name and small changes of course (we will change only name of game for not have copiright issues and pay for rights for some material but however game will be very similar only better with new things, features, better graphics, interface but very very similar map and more regions and details only and everything with our engine with less hardcodding and more freedom to modify and mod either! the engine will be ours we will make from scratch with own rights and everything)
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 06-14-2020 at 20:16.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macsen rufus View Post
    It sometimes happens that lands can be inherited, but I believe (from my own experience) it's only when the king himself is married to the princess from the extinct faction. That makes it a lot rarer than it is in STW. In 20 years on this game, I doubt I've seen it happen even ten times.

As to your other questions, no, no, and no
    I'll be honest with you... I don't think I've ever seen this happen in all of my countless hours of MTW. Inheriting lands through princesses.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Yeah, it's very rare... but at least it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTheGreat View Post
    Yeah, it's very rare... but at least it's possible
    It once happened to me. I was playing as Russians and when Sicilian (or Italian, don't remember) kingdom went extinct I inherited Malta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    It once happened to me. I was playing as Russians and when Sicilian (or Italian, don't remember) kingdom went extinct I inherited Malta.
    Well that must have been fun, inheriting lands on the other side of the map!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Yeah, sure! Imagine you did a marriage with a faction that has half of the map, and you have the other half of the map being at war maybe with only another smaller faction... imagine your ally dinasty cease to exist so they stop to exist as a faction and you henrite ALL the huge ex ally empire.... I mean you reach 60 percent victory with no sweat! And conquer the rest will be super easy... that's why they made it rare I guess!

It's super nice because you can henrit other faction regions and unit roosters! that's what m2tw miss... use other culture or factions troops different to your faction rooster.... a part from mercenaries, in mtw2 you can't henrite any other lands or troops or even bribe different troop types because if they are of other nations and not your rooster they will just disappear if you bribe them... what a shame
    Last edited by NikolaTheGreat; 06-15-2020 at 13:43.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

My simplistic understanding of the mechanic:

Princess from faction A marries king or heir of faction B. At some point, faction A expires without an heir. Faction B has a chance of inheriting some of faction A's land.

There may be a myriad of complications we don't know about. Multiple faction A princesses married off to various factions might add a layer to the succession order. If the princess marries an heir and he dies prior to ascending the throne, I believe this renders inheritance invalid. There may be a generational aspect as well.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur