Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Microsoft Flight Simulator

About 12 years after I made the thread on Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) - which is here https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ight+simulator - Microsoft is coming back with the new version of Flight Simulator, 14 years after FSX launched!

Take a sneak peek over here:

And here's an in more depth look for the technical aspects:

And of course, since this uses Bing real time data, including a lot of photogrammetry, you can pretty much go anywhere in the world in at least good detail. Just like in FSX you had more detailed places, you have the same over here but it's a huge leap forward compared to FSX.

You can buy the boxed version here -> https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-s...-deluxe?c=1613

And of course, digital purchase from Microsoft's Store or Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ght_Simulator/

Who's getting it?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator

If I had a strong enough computer to run it/play it at a high enough level to appreciate whats going on, I'd definitely look into it. Especially if it has a casual mode, Im not getting a joystick lol.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (2):

I have a joystick to play with - I bought it back in 2008 for the original FSX.

But in all seriousness, you can get a budget one and it can do the trick really well.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Proud

Been to:

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

I am quite tempted to get it. I was looking for a title to settle on to stream and do YouTube videos on, and this one looked promising. However, the mixed reviews have pushed me away. But I am hearing some good things from some buddies that are actually playing it. I want to go for the full hard core experience, but must admit I am a tad bit frightened by it as well. :D

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book