Thread: Pacifism in EB

Default Pacifism in EB

Hi everyone, glad to be here as this is my first post :)

I wonder if any of you ever tried to roleplay a pacifist game in EB. I am playing one right now as Saba and I find it extremely fun. Technically you cannot be purely pacifist, but at least give peace a chance.

Ground rules:
    1) I cannot attack any faction
    2) Before fighting back a defensive war i try to talk the opponent into peace, eventually offer them all my money to stop being jerks
    3) Only after all efforts fail, I am free to punish them for their impudence and take their lands
    4) Any other territorial expansion is in hands of my diplomats

Saba is in best position for this game style as their capital, Maryab, is NEVER attacked (played on Medium). In first years of game i just max out the economy there and I could eventually go on for a very long time unattacked, the Eleutheroi around are formally at war with me, but they just ignore me whatsoever. When the time comes ripe, I send out my diplomats with pockets packed with gold to neighbors, offering to buy their cities for a good price.

A few turns later you can have a nice four or five provinces scattered around, connected only by shared treasury, leveraged by Maryab's economic powerhouse. Only government 3 or 4 is an option to replenish troops ASAP to maintain bought provinces tranquill. Settlements must be built into defensive fortresses with booming economies. But then... What utterly surprised me was that the Eleutheroi cities around suddenly start to join my faction themselves without asking. Do they recognize me as a good ruler in the crazy world? Does anyone know why this happens? It never happened to me before.

I play Medium and consider it 100% enjoyable. The pace is slow, it's not always hack'n'slash. However, I would be glad to hear if anyone would succeed with this scenario with another faction that doesn't offer this peaceful head start.

Or any oher ideas on how to play non-lethally

Cheers
    NPC

Members thankful for this post (3):

Default Re: Pacifism in EB

bardzo dobrze

Default Re: Pacifism in EB

Quote Originally Posted by NPC View Post
    Hi everyone, glad to be here as this is my first post :)

I wonder if any of you ever tried to roleplay a pacifist game in EB. I am playing one right now as Saba and I find it extremely fun. Technically you cannot be purely pacifist, but at least give peace a chance.

Ground rules:
    1) I cannot attack any faction
    2) Before fighting back a defensive war i try to talk the opponent into peace, eventually offer them all my money to stop being jerks
    3) Only after all efforts fail, I am free to punish them for their impudence and take their lands
    4) Any other territorial expansion is in hands of my diplomats

Saba is in best position for this game style as their capital, Maryab, is NEVER attacked (played on Medium). In first years of game i just max out the economy there and I could eventually go on for a very long time unattacked, the Eleutheroi around are formally at war with me, but they just ignore me whatsoever. When the time comes ripe, I send out my diplomats with pockets packed with gold to neighbors, offering to buy their cities for a good price.

A few turns later you can have a nice four or five provinces scattered around, connected only by shared treasury, leveraged by Maryab's economic powerhouse. Only government 3 or 4 is an option to replenish troops ASAP to maintain bought provinces tranquill. Settlements must be built into defensive fortresses with booming economies. But then... What utterly surprised me was that the Eleutheroi cities around suddenly start to join my faction themselves without asking. Do they recognize me as a good ruler in the crazy world? Does anyone know why this happens? It never happened to me before.

I play Medium and consider it 100% enjoyable. The pace is slow, it's not always hack'n'slash. However, I would be glad to hear if anyone would succeed with this scenario with another faction that doesn't offer this peaceful head start.

Or any oher ideas on how to play non-lethally

Cheers
    NPC
    Interesting idea