Thread: Hello Folks!

Default Hello Folks!

Hello everyone! Long time lurker here and it's about time I crept out of the shadows to say "hi!". In some ways I'm relatively new to the Total War franchise because I've just begun playing Shogun Total War about a year ago. In other ways I'm not so new to the Total War franchise because I've been watching Youtube playthroughs and lurking on forums for over a decade. But I've finally done it! I've finally stepped into the arena. I've begun participating in this thing that has played such a large but passive part of my life for over a decade. It wasn't easy at first. I hadn't played video games since high school and I'd never PC gamed. But my life has recently gone through some changes and I now feel ready to dive into this obsession!

From the outside looking in it was very difficult for me to choose a game to start with. They all look incredible and I can see myself enjoying any one of them immensely. However a part of me always new I'd have to start from the beginning with Shogun Total War. Seeing as how I had no actual experience with PC gaming or strategy gaming I turned for help to my old mentor, Youtube. To my dismay I couldn't find any channels that focused on Shogun or Medieval. Not that I blame the content creators, for them Youtube is their job and covering a 20 year old game that has a campaign map that resembles a board game just isn't good for business. And that's when I got a silly idea, I could be the guy who creates this channel! After all, I have a job. I can afford run a channel that no one watches Even if that means I'll be bartending until I can't walk anymore

Now this is where ya'll come in. I've skimmed all 157 pages on the Shogun forum and I've scoured the internet for any and all guides and tips on this game that I can find. But I still have questions. With that in mind ya'll will be able to find me in the Shogun forum poking around and starting a new topic from time to time. I want to say "thank you!" to all the Org members that have been talking campaign strats and battlefield tactics for the last 20 years. A lot of your conversations and stories and advice have been very useful in helping me on my journey. I'll be looking forward to meeting those of you who still pop in from time to time. I also want to say "thank you!" for the kind welcome and for all of the future advice that I'm sure to receive.

See ya'll around!

P.S. If anyone knows of a way to play Shogun online for God's sake drop me a line. My roommate played the old Command and Conquer online recently and that game came out in the 90's, there has to be a way to play Shogun!

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Hello Folks!

Welcome
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Welcome
    Thank you Seamus!

Nice to meet all