Thread: Is there a simp´le way to change unit skin?

Question Is there a simp´le way to change unit skin?

Hello, folks.

I'd like to know if there is a simple way to change Dismounted Dvor's skin. I'd like them to use those masks as their mounted comrades. Both Dvor Cavalry and Tsar Guards use those masks when their armour are fully upgraded. It would be cool to see some infantry (Dismounted Boyar Sons and Dismounted Dvor) use them as well.

So, my question is: can I make that just changing some lines in the files? Or do I need to do all the Model 3D stuff?

Thank you!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Is there a simp´le way to change unit skin?

Hi there,

Welcome to the Org!

Changing the skin of the Dvoor would require you to access the skin of the unit. In M2TW (and by extension RTW), skins are separate from models if I remember correctly, so you would need to modify the skin itself and apply it to the new unit. Copy, paste & modify to suit.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Is there a simp´le way to change unit skin?

Hey, edyzmedieval!

I'm sorry for taking this long to reply. I went on vacation and forgot to answer here.

I'm afraid you're saying I need to modify the unit's 3d skin itself in order to make they look like their mounted counterpart. If so, I guess that's a little beyond my habilities right now, haha.

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer. I appreciate it.