Thread: Need somme help please

Default Need somme help please

Hi all

After a long time away I am happily back because MTW can be played again, I have already installed 5 mods and all 5 play well, But with the mod Hellenic I run into a problem and get the message:please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application

I made MTW VI Gold edition with patch, and with installing the mod in my MTW is installed as it should be, the mod just won't play away and then get the message:please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix that ??

thank you in advance

Member thankful for this post:

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Default Re: Need somme help please

Welcome back Axel .....
    I am sure somebody will have a solution for you .
    perhaps macsen .
    cheers

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Hey Axel,

Good to see you back. Hope all's well.

I'm not sure off hand, but I wonder if the HTW install included the .exe file? Maybe if that was from an older version it could have over-written your Gold exe. So I'd suggest that you check the details see if it's any different to the exe in your other mods which do work (or in vanilla). If there's a different file size or creation date, I would copy the vanilla exe back into your HTW folder, and see if that helps. If not come back and holler again

EDIT: I have just checked the HTW installer, and it DOES include the exe, so it should work copying back your Gold version of Medieval_TW.exe into your HTW folder.
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 01-01-2021 at 14:09.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Members thankful for this post (2):

Hi Dimitrios the Samian and Macsen Rufus,
    Thank you both for your responce, indeed, removing and restoring the EXE helped.
    So for anyone who wants to install this beautiful mod in Medieval total war Gold I will explain in steps what I did:

1. Make a clean copy of the original game with update patch and rename the map
    2. cut and paste the Medieval_exe elsewhere outside of your Hellenic folder
    3.Since the installation automatically takes the path C: Medieval total war or sommething I had to change mine to G: \ games \ MTW hellenic \ Medieval - Total War and got the whole mod installed in it
    4. Cut everything out of the installation's Medieval_totalwar folder and paste it into your main directory of your Hellenic folder
    5. then you first install your music, first convert everything to WAV files in a separate folder somewhere, then cut and paste the WAV files in your Music folder (at my pc) G: \ games \ MTW hellenic \ Sounds \ Music
    6. Then you install the patch add_on first in Medieval_totalwar folder that you still have in your Hellenic folder, then you cut everything out of this folder and paste it in your main directory or your Hellenic folder
    7. Delete the already installed Medieval_exe file (also from your desktop, it will install this automatically) and cut and paste the EXE file that you placed elsewhere in step 2
    8. If you have restored the original EXE file, make a copy to desktop and rename it, you can also put the Hellenic icon in it, and then play

I hope this is clear and that others can do something with it otherwise I am always willing to help, Glad to be back and play this fantastic game again and back here on the forums

cheers
    Last edited by axel; 01-01-2021 at 16:13.

Member thankful for this post: