Thread: Laptop SSDs

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Laptop SSDs

Orgahs,

Need your help & tech opinions. I have an ASUS FX503VD and I want to upgrade from the rather horrible SSHD it currently has to a full on top class SSD. Found one from Kingston with a 1TB SSD, perfect for what I need.

However I'm confused about the dimensions. I mean, this is a normal laptop, I guess the sizes of HDDs / SSDs are standardised correct? Can someone explain to me what does an M2 SSD mean and how do I pick the right dimension?

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Laptop SSDs

From the product details for that laptop you don't have a Hybrid drive you just have a SSD and a HDD, unless you customized it yourself. As far as standardized I would assume so, laptop drives are generally smaller for obvious reasons. M.2 is basically just the type of connection or slot where it connects to the motherboard. You can look up whatever SSD you have to get the dimensions or it would probably be easier to look up if it's compatible with your laptop, there are websites that you can look such things up. Xiahou or someone else might be able to help you more on that front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Default Re: Laptop SSDs

How does it differ from other types of SSDs ?
    and
    What are some things to keep in mind when installing an M2 SSD?