Thread: Self promotion?

Default Self promotion?

Hi, new here! What's the policy on posting your own content around here (e.g. YouTube playthroughs)? I checked through the FAQ and rules but I didn't seem to find anything on it (sorry if I missed it)

EDIT: also semi-related, but does this forum use the same text formatting (like spoilers and videos) as TWC for posts?
    Last edited by BrenZo; 02-12-2021 at 17:50.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Self promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by BrenZo View Post
    Hi, new here! What's the policy on posting your own content around here (e.g. YouTube playthroughs)? I checked through the FAQ and rules but I didn't seem to find anything on it (sorry if I missed it)

EDIT: also semi-related, but does this forum use the same text formatting (like spoilers and videos) as TWC for posts?
    Hello BrenZo, welcome to the .Org.

There's no particular restrictions on promoting your own content - other than common sense ones (don't spam it, obviously).

As for formatting: it's the same base software, but TWC has a slightly different set-up, so I cannot guarantee that everything will match 100%.

Member thankful for this post:

BrenZo 

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: Self promotion?

Hi Brenzo, welcome to the Org!

In fact, self promotion is a bit encouraged because we would love to have content creators come over here. We need to develop our community of content creation, so feel free to post as long as it's within the rules.

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

BrenZo 

I see, thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Hello BrenZo, welcome to the .Org.

There's no particular restrictions on promoting your own content - other than common sense ones (don't spam it, obviously).

As for formatting: it's the same base software, but TWC has a slightly different set-up, so I cannot guarantee that everything will match 100%.
    Bit of a dumb question, but where does posting cross the line into spamming in terms of frequency?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrenZo View Post
    Bit of a dumb question, but where does posting cross the line into spamming in terms of frequency?
    It's not a dumb question - that sort of thing varies per community. Our board is pretty quiet, so you can post a single thread in the relevant forum (maybe a second one in the Entrance Hall).

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    It's not a dumb question - that sort of thing varies per community. Our board is pretty quiet, so you can post a single thread in the relevant forum (maybe a second one in the Entrance Hall).
    How about for individual/grouped videos? E.g. if I were to upload 3 videos (each for a different TW game) and I posted them to their respective subforums, would that be too much? Or is it something I should confine to a single thread (per forum)?

So for example if you're posting 3 videos each for a different game, that would cover each individual subforum. So one post for Attila TW, one for R2TW, one for MTW. It's fine to post them separately.

You can do it something like "BrenZo's TW Campaign Series - Attila TW" and use that as a hub for posting for every game.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    So for example if you're posting 3 videos each for a different game, that would cover each individual subforum. So one post for Attila TW, one for R2TW, one for MTW. It's fine to post them separately.

You can do it something like "BrenZo's TW Campaign Series - Attila TW" and use that as a hub for posting for every game.
    Ah, alright! I'll try to do that then.

What if I were to upload something outside of a video series, but still under the same game as said series? Like if I had my "Campaign Series - Attila TW" and made a separate video (or multiple) on, let's say, Attila game mechanics or cutscenes. Would it be acceptable to make another post for to encompass that?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions, this should be the last one

If it's a bit different than the main title of the topic, sure, you can do that. If you have a campaign series thread and a game mechanics thread, that works, but usually for cutscenes and other "visual" ideas it's best if they're kept in the same type of thread.

Proud

Been to:

Sure thing, thanks so much guys!

Enjoy! Promote, invite your friends over to TW Org, engage and invite more creators too!

Proud

Been to:

BrenZo