Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 4105

Thread: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Default Re: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    I'm basically copy pasting posts from that one game Colin hosted that one time and i was a villager in that game
    Is Manti openwolfing AI? I read most of this as humorous villager monitoring the thread, but I played only one game with him and could use some info from people that know him better.
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

The fact that Monty is almost exclusively speaking about old games is getting me nervous. The fact he misnamed that awesome game I hosted last year ( and Visor helped to build) makes him a tempting yeet target (not in GH/Dya territory rn, but still)
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

I don't find myself having much of an issue with rask's posts rn I think

it's a low bar but tonally and in the way he's poking at stuff he seems ~fine

That said I'm fine with leaving the decision of whether to heal him or not up to popular vote🤧

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    Is Manti openwolfing AI? I read most of this as humorous villager monitoring the thread, but I played only one game with him and could use some info from people that know him better.
    that's more or less just manti in a nutshell regardless of alignment

same goes for the thing you asked about w/r/t Ara above

@Hally

How do you feel about Esooa's posts if you were to compare them with a couple of villa/wolf games from over on MU?

afaik you've played with her more than once before right? I'm mostly interested in whether or not the tonal difference/more background-ish approach I'm seeing from her here when comparing to team game means anything

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    that's more or less just manti in a nutshell regardless of alignment

same goes for the thing you asked about w/r/t Ara above
    Tx. Yeah I am going to judge Manti for his pushes if there are any (though that would be AI)

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    yeah the jump back on eph was just weird

and he made no effort to drag others onto it, he spent half his posts defending the push to epehemeral himself instead of getting anything done

Vote: GeneralHankerchief

guess we can start a counter
    I'm not sure I want to vote GH just yet. What do you think about him casing Dolby early d1? Could it be distancing, especially with Dolby struggling to respond to it meaningfully, or is that not GH's style? Also, he kept scumreading Dolby over other players such as Monty. I think that for me resolving Dolby is more of a priority than resolving GH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    I don't find myself having much of an issue with rask's posts rn I think

it's a low bar but tonally and in the way he's poking at stuff he seems ~fine

That said I'm fine with leaving the decision of whether to heal him or not up to popular vote��
    Actually, after the frustration from being poisoned went away, I am enjoying the freedom of just pulling reads and guessing for one day and then being put off to rest. I am not going to be voted either way so I am free to do my stuff and chill. Being usefull to flip scum would just be cherry on the cake.

Pretty good if u ask me.

This reminds me of Renata's sig from Terry Pratchett:

“And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.”

But there are more:

“Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.”

I have never played with Ara, is this a normal behavior for her (him? them? didn't pay attention to gender sorry)
    Yes!!!! It is!!!! She's just hype. I usually don't have a good read on her, but I think that she was quite towny here, progressing her reads and questioning fast judgements of other players.
    If you want me dive to my meta on her, I remember her being the most conscious player in terms of building up her reads slowly as town. She's not your typical tunneller. She tends to have less hard reads d1 than most players. Also, She used to be frighteningly good at wolfing, so locking her town for little early is always a risk.

It's possible. Actually, he wrote the guide on openwolfing, so that would be his strategy. Personally, I only have vibes on Maple. Good ones from the beginning of the game and slightly worse from when he went against the consensus. That's not necessarily bad, but he often doesn't care enough to follow the thread enough to have off the wall takes d1.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I said I wanted to take a step back in order to feel the threadflow around me, this isn't exactly the flow I was hoping for
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    When I said I wanted to take a step back in order to feel the threadflow around me, this isn't exactly the flow I was hoping for
    Tbh, if you're town, I think there's exactly one read you should have right now. Or at least a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse View Post
    To what are you referring to?

Sorry, I just reread my post and it's barely comprehensible, I did not do a good a job of filtering my brain there; uh...

I suppose I just liked how it seemed as though Sunbae felt the need to going into specifics on that detail, like calling it a whole 2/10 on the sketchy scale!!!!!!

That's actually something I've been theorizing in general since team game, that town are more likely to be specific in certain situations than mafia are; was discussing it on stuff in the game with my team, though needs more info/research!!!!
    I am not that much thrilled about this wording. But I guess the general hapiness displayed to be in the thread easily overides it. Slight TL on Ara at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelLubriderm View Post
    My memory of their interactions the entire day 1 was a half hearted ampharos vote on dya and that’s it. I could be wildly inaccurate as I haven’t gone back to scrutinize but that’s all I remember.

Since they both basically have helped run MU together for years that lack of interaction is an issue for me. That could absolutely just be a me problem and rask(Amy’s current slot holder) is poisoned so this problem solves itself at least partially
    btw I think the lack of interactions means ~nothing because they both were very inactive as well

I feel he was the same tonally than in Stormtossed (at this point in the game). The only valid reason to sus him at this point is the lack of pie talk.
    definitely disagree that's the only valid reason to sus him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Hello.

I've read every post (hi GH).

I have also determined I have no reads.

Better luck tomorrow.
    Scum tell (re Echks; @Visor @Esooa @pzelda). GG Manasi

Quote Originally Posted by pzelda View Post
    I'm catching up. But the most interesting thing during the eod was Dolby voting Rask. Over night I came to a conclusion that Montomercy is town and Dolby scum, but that vote threw me off. I'm also interested to see more reasons from Rask than vague meta reasons for scumreading Dolby. I kinda think that so far it's in possible distancing territory, but I'm not willing to bet my pants on it.
    I quite liked Dya's entrance today and the way wagons were yesterday suggest that she's more likely town than scum. Again, Dya avoiding the game d1 is a typical wolfy behaviour regardless of her irl circumstances. I think that her posts being more focused on irl circumstances makes her more sus than just not being here.
    More later.
    why did you like her entry?

I did play Star Trek, but I barely remember that game.

Ok, Dya's defensive and probably a lock wolf at this point. The one thing I wonder is the amount of busing present. Would wolves sacrifice both Rask and Dya today? I think they would prefer to swing it in another direction, but the thread state makes it difficult, so maybe not.

I also like the current string of Rask's posts (in comparison with his garbage posts from yesterday).
    GH not being an obvious town to everyone is concerning and It makes me wanna reevaluate my read again.
    I'm confused about going from you like their entry today to them being lock wolf lmao

Member thankful for this post:

I think that the only players, who can stay in my towncore today without questioning their alignment first are: hally, colonel, visor. Hally's still a clear town to me and visor with colonel are dependent on flips of dya and rask.
    Ara and Cuth could be included in towncore too, but I don't have as strong reasons to tr them. Neither I noticed any scum agenda or disruptive play in their posts.

VVV - Hally, Colonel, Visor
    VV - Cuth, Ara
    V - Monty, GH, Maple, Manasi, Esooa
    Null - Eph

W - Rask
    WW - Dolby
    WWW - Dya

Obviously the bolded part is problematic and I should focus on it today. W reads kind of feel too consensus too and I doubt all three of them are wolves. I'm lucky, If It's 2/3.
    Nice, I had the same feeling, but Esooa and Eph dropped off. Eph probably partially because I'm influenced by GH's case.
    Yeah, the jump was bad and the jump back on eph was even worse, imho.
    I quite like rask today. He probably made it in my villa leans by now and I consider being pro-heal.
    I really dislike these 3 posts above. In his reads lists he puts Eph only at null with GH in v, and later says the influence to put Eph in his null's was partially because of GH's case. However, in the 3rd quote, he agrees that GH looked bad and that GH's jump back to Eph looked bad, so I'm not sure why that's influencing him? I'm curious too why Ara and Cuth might be town cored for not having scum agenda or disruptive play, because these are both just as applicable to Eph.

I'm not sure I want to vote GH just yet. What do you think about him casing Dolby early d1? Could it be distancing, especially with Dolby struggling to respond to it meaningfully, or is that not GH's style? Also, he kept scumreading Dolby over other players such as Monty. I think that for me resolving Dolby is more of a priority than resolving GH.
    And expresses apprehension here to vote GH, primarily from what I can pick up because GH cased Dolby early on. This was SoD1, and there was little to no follow up on it. I don't get why he's considering this much.

@pzelda if you can explain your Eph read a bit more that'd be cool

Scum tell (re Echks; @Visor @Esooa @pzelda). GG Manasi
    lmao I didn't catch the read the whole thread thing before cause I just take that for granted but yeh.

Quote Originally Posted by Esooa View Post
    lmao I didn't catch the read the whole thread thing before cause I just take that for granted but yeh.
    Well the thing is reading the whole thread and not having any opinions about it. (the opposite would also be disturbing but never seen it lol)

Well the thing is reading the whole thread and not having any opinions about it. (the opposite would also be disturbing but never seen it lol)
    ah I assumed wrongly then cause I've seen people say reading the whole thread is >rand scum for slankers

I think GH, if town, has a solid grasp there. I agree that Dolby wouldn't tryhard so much to tr his partner as w. GH as wolf, that might be trickier, but I think he would try to use it to pocket Esooa.

Also, reads after 8 pages:
    town - Maple, Eph, Hally, Esooa (and I think I'm ride or die with these)
    meh - dya, monty, dolby, possibly Sunbae

GH could easily fit in meh too, if I happen to see townier dolby later on. Dolby's meta post on monty could be w/w.
    Can you explain your ROD read on Mapoule?

Quote Originally Posted by Esooa View Post
    ah I assumed wrongly then cause I've seen people say reading the whole thread is >rand scum for slankers
    The case is becoming overwhelming every minute.

The case is becoming overwhelming every minute.
    lmao

I've got some work to do and pzelda's game too so I am going to take a small break from the thread.

But I am leaving an ordered list so @Arapocalypse can have a look and hype (maybelline < loving this word, not sure who came up with it earlier)

TR for now Hally/Ephemeral/Esooa/Visor/Ara

Leaning town Dolby

null: ColonelBop/pzelda/Manti

Leaning scumMonty

>>rand scum GH/Manasi/Dya

I have read about 60% of the thread and still didn't find a post from Cuthalion wtf (saw some likes but that's a bit lacking material to have a read).

Have fun friendos

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does anybody have a Dolby scum game I can look at/a general overview of his scum game?

Tag me with response, please.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

reading esooa's iso now

first impression is there's a decent amount of pressure on dolby

Quote Originally Posted by dyachei View Post
    reading esooa's iso now

first impression is there's a decent amount of pressure on dolby
    for weird takes

alien shapeshifter Member Hally's Avatar

I'm catching up. But the most interesting thing during the eod was Dolby voting Rask. Over night I came to a conclusion that Montomercy is town and Dolby scum, but that vote threw me off. I'm also interested to see more reasons from Rask than vague meta reasons for scumreading Dolby. I kinda think that so far it's in possible distancing territory, but I'm not willing to bet my pants on it.
    I quite liked Dya's entrance today and the way wagons were yesterday suggest that she's more likely town than scum. Again, Dya avoiding the game d1 is a typical wolfy behaviour regardless of her irl circumstances. I think that her posts being more focused on irl circumstances makes her more sus than just not being here.
    More later.
    re: bolded - how? it kinda looks like csargo was tipped over at the end to save dya

Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast