Page 44 of 137 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 4105

Thread: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Default Re: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelLubriderm View Post
    My memory of their interactions the entire day 1 was a half hearted ampharos vote on dya and that’s it. I could be wildly inaccurate as I haven’t gone back to scrutinize but that’s all I remember.

Since they both basically have helped run MU together for years that lack of interaction is an issue for me. That could absolutely just be a me problem and rask(Amy’s current slot holder) is poisoned so this problem solves itself at least partially
    what do you think of Rasks EoD in this case? He voted Dya and very obviously wanted Dya > Csargo

Official Tally as of #1291

4 dyachei (Visor, Hally, Raskolnikov, Esooa)

Not Voting: Arapocalypse, ColonelLubriderm, Cuthillius, Dolby, dyachei, Ephemeral, GeneralHankerchief, Manasi, Maple, Montmorency, pzelda

Quote Originally Posted by Esooa View Post
    what do you think of Rasks EoD in this case? He voted Dya and very obviously wanted Dya > Csargo
    Doesn’t mean much to me.

I can think of arguments for doing so for all possible alignments for both with them being pretty equivalent chance wise.

Seems futile to try to parse which is most likely when an easier way is to evaluate him today when he has actual time to play

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelLubriderm View Post
    @Raskolnikov where in france is Grenoble? I visited France in high school way back when and I loved it. I just did tourist things but I liked it alot.
    In the Alps (South East of Lyon, or on the otherside of the mountains facing Torino, Italy if you locate this better). Mostly famous for its skying resort (There were Olympic games there back in the 60s iirc). Actually I am not living there anymore (was when I created the account ages ago). I was doing my engeener/phd studies then moved to Paris for work. Currently enjoying the low taxes and woods of Luxembourg (micro country stuck in between Belgium/France/Germany).

@Dya: sorry if I sounded agro or anything yesterday, it was mostly the frustration of being poisoned like few hours into the game for me. I have accepted my fate anyway so I've got my cool back again.

I have 2 hours rn, I'll be reading. Ping me if you wanna discuss anything
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Felt that Esooa was trying to be more accomodating to other people to specifically avoid clash based on playstyle between her and other people. Also kinda got the same vibe that I got from 4mask in the light game I played with them that when she's scum she's a bit more mush up to people on an individual level
    Mason posts felt kinda passive aggressive to me which is what I associated with town!Esooa
    These posts feel totally fake to me. I think Dolby didn't expect to be called out by several people for this read (iirc GH was the first?). Frankly I expect a town mindset to just call it an early gut/tonal read. The questionable justifications could come from a caught scum.
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    Why do you think it's mafia dolby townspewing esooa instead of just a weak defense of a teammate or something? The follow up posts?
    I think it will be good to reeval Esooa/Dolby/GH partners equity if one of them flip red. (yes, I am adopting a legacy tone already)

^^ Sunbae being the NK makes me think there is definatly one woof among these three.

weird post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I think if Esooa was Dolby's partner, Dolby would have been more likely to just drop a townread on Esooa for the reasons I mentioned rather than try to bring credibility of "I read a recent scum game of hers" into it. It's light, but just from the way it's presented etc, the reason just feels more TMI-y than partner-y.
    More context for the previous posts.

weird post
    This sequence of 3 I thought was PA and townie. Given how Esooa has talked about how she feels about that game it's kinda town for her to let the feeling out to the thread in that manner, especially when it's like only me and maybe Visor/Csargo in here who read the game.

Why I'm connecting the mason game to this, I feel it's relevant to how Esooa was fluffing around with Maple and others talking about masons in the moment
    The original quotes don't show up (is there a setting so they do?) but I actually agree with Dolby's read (Esooa mostly town from this sequence). It is just the overly sophisticated explanation of the read that looks sus from Dolby.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    manti v?
    I feel he was the same tonally than in Stormtossed (at this point in the game). The only valid reason to sus him at this point is the lack of pie talk.

I'm catching up. But the most interesting thing during the eod was Dolby voting Rask. Over night I came to a conclusion that Montomercy is town and Dolby scum, but that vote threw me off. I'm also interested to see more reasons from Rask than vague meta reasons for scumreading Dolby. I kinda think that so far it's in possible distancing territory, but I'm not willing to bet my pants on it.
    I quite liked Dya's entrance today and the way wagons were yesterday suggest that she's more likely town than scum. Again, Dya avoiding the game d1 is a typical wolfy behaviour regardless of her irl circumstances. I think that her posts being more focused on irl circumstances makes her more sus than just not being here.
    More later.

ok, this was something that I forgot about his D1. I just remember the TES/TL tunnel and screaming at Ace to shield TL and pressure GH over it

Monty not being noticeably whack in his first post is probably good in and of itself. Last time I saw him as maf he was visibly furry, and this was a multiball game where he could make himself good better by solving for his opponents.
    I think Monty has been noticeably whack in his entrance again (fluffing when the game has entered a serious phase, decent amounnt of shades, whack vote).

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post
    Final Tally

7 Csargo (Sunbae, Arapocalypse, Hally, Montmorency, GeneralHankerchief, ColonelLubriderm, Maple)

5 dyachei (Raskolnikov, Visor, Manasi, Ephemeral, Esooa)

3 Raskolnikov (pzelda, Cuthillius, Dolby)

2 Esooa (Csargo, dyachei)
    This is kinda silly, but I forgot that it wasn't a tie in the end. Dya's in a bad position here. Also, lol that Esooa wagon.
    Btw, Esooa is one of the people who fell out of my towncore during nighttime.

Quote Originally Posted by pzelda View Post
    I'm catching up. But the most interesting thing during the eod was Dolby voting Rask. Over night I came to a conclusion that Montomercy is town and Dolby scum, but that vote threw me off. I'm also interested to see more reasons from Rask than vague meta reasons for scumreading Dolby. I kinda think that so far it's in possible distancing territory, but I'm not willing to bet my pants on it.
    I quite liked Dya's entrance today and the way wagons were yesterday suggest that she's more likely town than scum. Again, Dya avoiding the game d1 is a typical wolfy behaviour regardless of her irl circumstances. I think that her posts being more focused on irl circumstances makes her more sus than just not being here.
    More later.
    Tbh, I am mostly at "maybe there is one in GH/Dolby". Vague meta reasons? First Visor immediately saw what I was talking about (and it was one year from now), and the bulk of my suspicions come from this thread/game.

Can't remember but did u play Star Trek?

I did play Star Trek, but I barely remember that game.

Ok, Dya's defensive and probably a lock wolf at this point. The one thing I wonder is the amount of busing present. Would wolves sacrifice both Rask and Dya today? I think they would prefer to swing it in another direction, but the thread state makes it difficult, so maybe not.

I also like the current string of Rask's posts (in comparison with his garbage posts from yesterday).
    GH not being an obvious town to everyone is concerning and It makes me wanna reevaluate my read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse View Post
    Extremely pertinent, of course!!!!!

Because...

Mafia hype!!!
    The lack of content between this post and the first one (another mafia hype type of post) is puzzling me (since there were a lot of stuff to discuss). Wondering if it's a case of scum having trouble to enter the thread... or just another IRL thing.

I did play Star Trek, but I barely remember that game.

Ok, Dya's defensive and probably a lock wolf at this point. The one thing I wonder is the amount of busing present. Would wolves sacrifice both Rask and Dya today? I think they would prefer to swing it in another direction, but the thread state makes it difficult, so maybe not.

I also like the current string of Rask's posts (in comparison with his garbage posts from yesterday).
    GH not being an obvious town to everyone is concerning and It makes me wanna reevaluate my read again.
    I do make a lot of garbage posts. Have a cookie.

i think gh biting on amy beign a wolf and not dya means rask is prob a villa

but shrug

its light

Member thankful for this post:

I think that the only players, who can stay in my towncore today without questioning their alignment first are: hally, colonel, visor. Hally's still a clear town to me and visor with colonel are dependent on flips of dya and rask.
    Ara and Cuth could be included in towncore too, but I don't have as strong reasons to tr them. Neither I noticed any scum agenda or disruptive play in their posts.

VVV - Hally, Colonel, Visor
    VV - Cuth, Ara
    V - Monty, GH, Maple, Manasi, Esooa
    Null - Eph

W - Rask
    WW - Dolby
    WWW - Dya

Obviously the bolded part is problematic and I should focus on it today. W reads kind of feel too consensus too and I doubt all three of them are wolves. I'm lucky, If It's 2/3.

i think gh biting on amy beign a wolf and not dya means rask is prob a villa

but shrug

its light
    What happened to your Amy read? I find these to be little too associative for pre-flip reads, but that's ok, in light of your other posts, it shows some towny thinking.

ok gtg, will be continuing later (TM).

I had good feelings reading Hally/Ephemeral/Esooa from the first few pages. (well no bad feelings would describe it better) Decent amount of suspicion and no agenda.

Manty is funny. I will just wait to read some of his pushes to make a read on this slot. Few posts from Visor, but mostly OK with them.

GH/Dolby/Monty/Dya meh.

On the other hand, I'm slightly concerned, Visor, that you changed your amy/rask read so significantly. You put extra effort into making that wagon happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    ok gtg, will be continuing later (TM).

I had good feelings reading Hally/Ephemeral/Esooa from the first few pages. (well no bad feelings would describe it better) Decent amount of suspicion and no agenda.

Manty is funny. I will just wait to read some of his pushes to make a read on this slot. Few posts from Visor, but mostly OK with them.

GH/Dolby/Monty/Dya meh.
    Nice, I had the same feeling, but Esooa and Eph dropped off. Eph probably partially because I'm influenced by GH's case.

What happened to your Amy read? I find these to be little too associative for pre-flip reads, but that's ok, in light of your other posts, it shows some towny thinking.
    mostly after thinking over how d1 went

i disliked ghs d1 so much that its completely coloured my world view and the fact that he jumped on my amy read without a care in the world and couldnt be dragged kicking and screaming onto dya despite his own noted similarities

i think i was just wrong on amy and jumped on stuff that sounded bad

rask has posted ok so far, not tonally amazing like he was in stormtossed where i dont think i strugged at all to v read him but enough posting (and with some frustrationfrom him) that even though he is gonna die today i think he is probably a villager

there are enough differences to stormtossed im not gonna say heal him, but i do tend to lean towards me beign wrong here

and gh's push on ephemeral, his play today so far and dyas play

just seems w/w to me!

mostly after thinking over how d1 went

i disliked ghs d1 so much that its completely coloured my world view and the fact that he jumped on my amy read without a care in the world and couldnt be dragged kicking and screaming onto dya despite his own noted similarities

i think i was just wrong on amy and jumped on stuff that sounded bad

rask has posted ok so far, not tonally amazing like he was in stormtossed where i dont think i strugged at all to v read him but enough posting (and with some frustrationfrom him) that even though he is gonna die today i think he is probably a villager
    Yeah, the jump was bad and the jump back on eph was even worse, imho.
    I quite like rask today. He probably made it in my villa leans by now and I consider being pro-heal.

Yeah, the jump was bad and the jump back on eph was even worse, imho.
    I quite like rask today. He probably made it in my villa leans by now and I consider being pro-heal.
    yeah the jump back on eph was just weird

and he made no effort to drag others onto it, he spent half his posts defending the push to epehemeral himself instead of getting anything done

Vote: GeneralHankerchief

guess we can start a counter

/back while lunch is heating

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    yea i agree. the sequence of doubling down on the initial take after being called out and then giving a take on monty that was the same kind of thing he just got called out for feels villagery
    Melding with this I think. Even if I still think the read justifications were painfully outed, the fact that it stood is a good look. I think out of Esooa/Dolbster/GH, I like GH the least from early game (looks performative and pushing buttons)

I was going to say that I disliked this immediate sheep of the wagon while reading the post, but... this is Maple also known as Manti and that's probably a !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thing for him to do regardless of alignment!!!!!!

Putting a pin in this for future reference, I suppose!!!
    This reminds me of Renata's sig from Terry Pratchett:

“And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.”

But there are more:

“Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.”

I have never played with Ara, is this a normal behavior for her (him? them? didn't pay attention to gender sorry)

Member thankful for this post:

I don't necessarily agree with this but also this feels really towny hype!!!!!!!! Though I'm not sure how comparable this read is so early (and without a team to egg him on) and should probably make an actual GH read at some point... I'd like to say that I don't think he'd come out this blatantly as mafia, minimum third time in a row? Put like, fifty asterisks beside that read though!!!!!

Fun fact: I was going to make a case on GH at SoD based on something funny I noticed about his account, but decided not to after seeing how... despondent he was after team game!! :p
    Were you actually lurking at SOD?

Page 44 of 137 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast