Page 1 of 137 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Default Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread in the Gameroom.

Game Information:

- To celebrate the upcoming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, this game is based on the Mass Effect video game trilogy.

- 13 villagers / townsfolk vs. 4 wolves / mafia. No third parties or multiball.

- No cults, no jesters, no roles which can influence voting / the daily elimination, no false alignment reveals. No bastard shit, no stupid crap. The host will not lie to you.

- There will be some spice but nothing crazy - it's not night chess or role madness or anything like that.

- 48 hour day, 24 hour night. Phase change at 8 PM US Eastern time.

- There is no posting at night, no outside communication. Not that kind of game.

- Let's keep it fun and friendly. Play to win but don't go overboard. Laugh at my jokes.

Player List:

1. Visor
    2. Montmorency
    3. Cuthillius
    4. Ampharos
    5. Sunbae
    6. GeneralHankerchief
    7. Hally
    8. Csargo
    9. Arapocalypse
    10. Esooa
    11. Dolby
    12. pzelda
    13. Manasi
    14. ColonelLubriderm
    15. dyachei
    16. Maple
    17. Ephemeral

Hoagie (Sub) List:

1. ladd
    2. Prophylaxis

Default Re: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Game Summary:

Raskolnikov replaced Ampharos on d1. (#874)

d1: Csargo was eliminated. (#1183)
    n1: Sunbae was killed. Raskolnikov was poisoned. (#1184)

d2: dyachei was eliminated. Raskolnikov died to poison. Logic replaced Dolby. (#1923)
    n2: GeneralHankerchief and pzelda were killed. (#1925)

d3: Logic was eliminated. (#2482)
    n3: Ephemeral was killed. (#2483)

d4: Montmorency was eliminated. (#3222)
    n4: Cuthillius and Maple were killed. (#3223)

d5: No one was eliminated. (#3619)
    n5: Visor was killed. (#3620)

Voting ends in:

Alive: 5/17

Arapocalypse
    ColonelLubriderm
    Esooa
    Hally
    Manasi

Dead: 12/17

Csargo - Conrad Verner, Town Biggest Fan, eliminated d1.
    Sunbae - Garrus Vakarian, Vanilla Town, killed n1.
    dyachei - Harbinger, Mafia Backup, eliminated d2.
    Raskolnikov - Mordin Solus, Vanilla Town, died to poison d2.
    GeneralHankerchief - Jacob Taylor, Vanilla Town, died n2.
    pzelda - Commander Shepard, Town Odd-Night Poisoner, died n2.
    Logic - Kai Leng, Mafia Goon, eliminated d3.
    Ephemeral - Samara, Vanilla Town, killed n3.
    Montmorency - James Vega, Vanilla Town, eliminated d4.
    Cuthillius - Ashley Wililams, Vanilla Town, died n4.
    Maple - Commander Shepard, Town Even-Night Vigilante, died n4.
    Visor - Jack, Vanilla Town, died n5.
    Last edited by Zack; 03-09-2021 at 01:59.

Rules and Stuff

TL;DR

Take a look at this guide for players unfamiliar with mafia on the Org. It's earthy, solid, unagenda'd, generally helpful, and answers some common questions.

48/24, 8 PM US Eastern deadlines. Vote using the format Vote: Zack. Don't edit posts, don't talk at night, don't talk about the game outside the thread. Don't quote private communications with me or reference your Role PM; paraphrase. Don't try to flavor-game. Don't angleshoot or otherwise attempt to exploit loopholes. Ask any questions to me in private. No dead posting. Be active. Don't be a jerk. Have fun. glgl.

UPDATE - The section of the rules regarding flavor and character-claiming were a bit convoluted and ambiguous. I'm gonna go ahead and just place a flat ban on character and flavor claiming, apologies. Focus on enjoying the ecstasy of pure ww gameplay and so forth. You are of course free to claim or fake-claim your role, but don't reference your character or flavor.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    SETUP

~ 13 town vs 4 mafia. Town wins when all the mafia are dead. Mafia win when they can't be prevented from killing everyone else. A sample town Role PM is shown below:

Time's up, let's do this. Leeroooooy Jeeeenkiiiiins!

Player Name, you are Richard L. Jenkins.

Corporal Richard L. Jenkins is an Alliance Marine under the command of Captain Anderson, and a member of the SSV Normandy's crew. Jenkins was born in a rural district of Eden Prime, and dreamed of visiting more urban areas before he decided to become a Marine, stating that "even paradise gets boring." After enlisting, he wanted to prove himself as a notable soldier and test himself in combat.

You are Vanilla Town.

You win when the mafia are eliminated.

Have fun!

~ Please use common sense and don't try to angleshoot by referencing the flavor in your Role PM or anything like that.

~ You may claim your character name or roleplay a bit if you want, it doesn't imply anything and mafia have characters set aside they can fake claim. You cannot brute force the game using a spreadsheet, mass role reveal, or your knowledge of the universe. Again, it's literally random and has nothing to do with alignment. Don't try to read into it or make this into *that* kind of game.

UPDATE - The section of the rules regarding flavor and character-claiming were a bit convoluted and ambiguous. I'm gonna go ahead and just place a flat ban on character and flavor claiming, apologies. Focus on enjoying the ecstasy of pure ww gameplay and so forth. You are of course free to claim or fake-claim your role, but don't reference your character or flavor.

~ The mafia factional kill is not assigned, and therefore cannot be blocked/tracked/watched/etc.

~ Character name, role, and alignment will be immediately revealed when a player dies. Usually the Role PM will be posted, though I reserve the right to redact information (I will note this, should it occur).

POSTING

Posting is allowed only during the Day phase. I should be around to note specifically when you can/can't post, but in general :00 good, :01 bad. Don't try to intentionally slip in a post after :00.

You are NOT allowed to post your Role PM in the thread. Do not reference it, explicitly or in a way that bends around the spirit of "don't discuss your Role PM." Do not speculate what is in someone's Role PM, do not refer to specific wording or formatting or whatever in your Role PM, hell I'd prefer if you refrain from saying "Role PM" altogether. That's not what this game is about.

Private communication with other players is forbidden, unless I explicitly tell you otherwise. Don't privately discuss the game with living players, dead players, or people who are not in the game.

Do not edit your posts for any reason. If you edit a post containing a vote, that vote will be rendered invalid.

Do not quote any private communications or post any QuickTopic links or Discord servers in the public game thread. Do not directly quote anything I say to you in private (especially your Role PM and/or night results). Don't say "Zack told me my action failed," instead say "my action failed". The first is a rule break, the second is fine. Don't screenshot anything either, obviously.

Unless I explicitly tell you otherwise, if you are dead do not post at all or thank any posts. On that note, I don't care if living players thank posts, though please don't do so outside of the legal posting times. (i.e. if you can't post in the thread, don't thank posts either). Don't abuse this.

You are expected to vote each day, and post at least once each Day phase - more is preferred, but that is the absolute minimum. If you fail to meet those requirements, I reserve the right to remove you from the game immediately (via substitution or modkill).

Do not talk about substitutions or modkills in the thread. Don't speculate on it at all. The extent you can acknowledge this is that it happened, e.g. "I thought Bob was town but his replacement Steve rubs me the wrong way" is okay. Examples of rule breaks would be "I think Bob subbed out because blah" or "Bob should sub out" or "I wonder why Bob subbed out".

Do not ask me any questions in the game thread, I will ignore them. Whether it is a genuine question, an attempt to angleshoot yourself clear or derpclear yourself, I don't care - don't do it. Ask me in private and I will answer publicly and/or privately as appropriate.

Treat your fellow players with respect. Don't be a dick. This is, after all, a social game people play for fun. Keep it within the game, don't get personal, chill out. Follow the forum rules. If you feel yourself getting tilted or about to post some shit you know is pushing it, close the tab and step away for a bit to cool down.

PHASES

~ Day is 48 hours, Night is 24 hours. Day ends at 8:00 PM US Eastern. I'll post timers in the thread and with tallies for reference. The deadline for night actions is 7:30 PM US Eastern, to allow myself time to process everything in time. Expect the update and day start to be at 8:00 PM, but I may post it a few minutes early if everything's ready.

~ Vote tallies will be posted throughout the Day as I am able. Players are free to make and post their own tallies (including novice's plugin, if you can find it and get it to work), but I will not use them and they should be taken with a grain of salt. Do not intentionally post misleading tallies. If I make an error, please contact me privately.

~ During the Day, players vote for each other in the format Vote: Zapp. Vote tags are mandatory (Vote: < player >), as this is how I will tally votes in my spreadsheet - a simple bolding will not suffice and I'll miss it. Bold text is preferable. Unvoting is not required - simply make a new vote. If you want do unvote without re-voting anyone, Vote: Unvote. I don't care about color. Voting for No Lunch / No Elimination / Sleep is allowed. To be clear, you have to manually type it out, there's no button to press that inserts a Vote tag.

~ Whoever has the most votes at the end of the Day will die. No early ending for majority, with the exception of mustlunch. Tied votes will be decided randomly.

~ In mustlunch / LYLO, votes will be locked and the phase ends if someone receives a majority of the votes. This means that you can only vote once, and you can't change your vote. I'll remind you if/when it's relevant, of course.

~ There may or may not be abilities which can be used during the Day phase.

~ During the Night phase, players send in night actions if they have an ability which requires one.

I think that covers it. Sorry for the verbosity, I promise it's for the sake of clarity.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM or message me on discord.
    Last edited by Zack; 02-21-2021 at 19:51.

Day 1 starts in:

Do not post until then!

RULES UPDATE

The section of the rules regarding flavor and character-claiming were a bit convoluted and ambiguous. I'm gonna go ahead and just place a flat ban on character and flavor claiming, apologies. Focus on enjoying the ecstasy of pure ww gameplay and so forth. You are of course free to claim or fake-claim your role, but don't reference your character or flavor.

Game still set to start tonight (timer is in the previous post in big sexy red). PM me or message me on discord (zapp #7415) if you have any questions or whatever.

EDIT - don't discuss this in the game thread, please.
    Last edited by Zack; 02-21-2021 at 19:53.

The game is afoot and you may now post and accuse each other of heinous crimes and all that.

~ Vote using the format Vote: Zack.

~ Don't edit posts or talk about the game outside the thread.

~ Don't quote your Role PM. Don't hint or claim at your character or Role PM flavor, real or fake.

~ Ask any questions to me in private.

~ Experiment with the org emotes, they're pretty dank.

~ Be active but try not to get too crazy. Don't be a jerk.

~ Have fun

Day ends in:

Alive: 17/17

@Ampharos
    @Arapocalypse
    @ColonelLubriderm
    @Csargo
    @Cuthillius
    @Dolby
    @dyachei
    @Ephemeral
    @Esooa
    @GeneralHankerchief
    @Hally
    @Manasi
    @Maple
    @Montmorency
    @pzelda
    @Sunbae
    @Visor

Dead: 0/17

n/a

LET'S GO MAFIA HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post

~ Experiment with the org emotes, they're pretty dank.

Howdy fellas.

You're gonna have a bad time Member Sunbae's Avatar

thats me creeping to the villa core

lord give me the power to resist the temmie avatar

what's it to ya? Member Ampharos's Avatar

tem iz etrnul

might as well add Julianne to that

la minette pâtissier Member Maple's Avatar

o/u d3 lynch

hey guys how do I look

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    hey guys how do I look
    fantastic

hey guys how do I look
    when did you become a weeb?

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    lord give me the power to resist the temmie avatar
    temothy

if i knew everyone was going anime i woulda just used my bna alt

Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse View Post
    LET'S GO MAFIA HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not sure what this mafia game is about but if you take the exclamation points in the above post and rotate them 90 degrees, it turns into morse code and when you translate it, it reads "mafialol"

Is that pertinent?

Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    fantastic
    ty you too
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei View Post
    when did you become a weeb?
    i don't know what you're talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    if i knew everyone was going anime i woulda just used my bna alt

alts on cfc D:

why does this site add a white square behind transparent pngs smh

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelLubriderm View Post
    I'm not sure what this mafia game is about but if you take the exclamation points in the above post and rotate them 90 degrees, it turns into morse code and when you translate it, it reads "mafialol"

Is that pertinent?
    i legit thought this was a gh post

well done

well

i regret to inform you but as a member of the Morse Code Oversight Committee, depending on the 90 degrees you turn the exclamation points we either have...

clockwise: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ccw: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

wait LMFAO IT'S NOT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

well

i regret to inform you but as a member of the Morse Code Oversight Committee, depending on the 90 degrees you turn the exclamation points we either have...

clockwise: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ccw: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    I'm using maritime morse code so maybe that is why your translations differ

alien shapeshifter Member Hally's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tenor_1.gif 
Views:	131 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	24380