Thread: Future Historical TW

Default Future Historical TW

Right, we haven't had a new historical title in quite a while, and with Creative Assembly working on Warhammer 3, we won't have one for a while either.

But...

So the trademark of Medieval has been recently registered at the Patent Office in the UK, which means that they are moving with the new historical titles. This doesn't mean it's a new M3TW, but it's a good step forward for the historical titles.

What's your take on the future of TW?

Member Member Scholae Palatinae's Avatar

Default Re: Future Historical TW

Didn't they already have a registered title TOTAL WAR MEDIEVAL as they have created a games under this trademark in the past?

Besides, I prefer them just making remaster like they do with Rome. Not brand new game.
    Last edited by Scholae Palatinae; 03-25-2021 at 22:24.

They do, they register the trademarks every year, as required by UK law if they want to keep the trademarks.

Member Member Scholae Palatinae's Avatar

I meant Medieval, not Warhammer, lol. Miswrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantan View Post
    They do, they register the trademarks every year, as required by UK law if they want to keep the trademarks.
    That makes sense then.

Well, I guess we got our wish - the next historical TW is technically RTW Remastered in this case. Not a new title, but a historical one nonetheless, and it created a lot of buzz for the studio.

Having started playing Medieval 2 again recently (after several years off), I can honestly say that it is fabulous, and would be a very welcome remaster. Have to say that I’d hope Diplomacy is a bit more chill though, as you can’t take two turns without someone declaring war. Or is that just the playing as the Byzantines?

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I could definitely see the Hundred Years' War as a Saga title or something. That would actually be something I am interested in. My worry is though that they are taking the wrong cues from games like Troy and Three Kingdoms and add in ahistorical modes with heroes and whatnot. I see the appeal, but I personally am wary of such additions overtaking the development of more historical game modes.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore