Thread: CTD when starting siege battles

Default CTD when starting siege battles

On Linux, the game crashes whenever I try to fight a siege battle manually, with error code 361. It has happened as both the attacker and defender. As the attacker I had a full stack, and the defenders had ~7-8 units (it was early game Alexandria Exchate, and I was on Hard campaign difficulty, if that helps narrow it down). As the defender both armies had about 10 units. It doesn't happen with field battles, which I confirmed both in the Bactrian campaign where the aforementioned crashes happened, and by quickly loading in a fresh Roman campaign and getting into a fight.

Default Re: CTD when starting siege battles

I did some more testing (read: playing other campaigns), and I think it's either a problem with stone walls or maybe a greek unit? I was able to fight a siege battle as the Celtiberians, but the walls were only a pallisade, and a siege battle I tried to fight as the Greek League crashed.

Did you remove the custom settlements like the installation guide says to do? Yeah, it's the buildings. You end up having to play with vanilla settlements, so your buildings look Aztec, but at least no CTD :/

That worked, thank you. I only skimmed the install instructions, so I guess I missed the OS specific section.