Thread: How To Check Difficulty ?

Default How To Check Difficulty ?

Is there any way to check the difficulty of an ongoing RTW 1 save game ?

I'm far into the campaign and I wanted it to be H/H, though I'm suspicious it's too easy and that it may have been set to M/M by mistake.

I have tried using save game editors but I'm not familiar with them, and opening the save game shows english words mixed with unrecognised symbols which means it's encrypted or I don't have the right software to read it.

Can't find answers anywhere, I appreciate any help !

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: How To Check Difficulty ?

High Plains Drifter

Thanks for the links, I'm playing the Roma Surrecum III mod and trying romesage doesn't show anything for me when loading the save.

It says the faction is gauls, the campaign is "?????" and the only mention of difficulty I can see is a greyed out dropdown menu, that once you click the corresponding checkbox, just stops being greyed out but is always showing easy as the option before clicking the drop down menu.

The other link mentions checking the preferences file though I assume it's the way Roma Surrecum is set up that the preferences file doesn't even contain a variable with the word "difficulty" in it, so I can't search for that.

Do you know of a program that can let me look at the raw .sav file unencoded ?

Here it is.

Thanks.

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Sorry none of that was any help... I'm not familiar with that mod, but you might try TWC (Total War Center), if you haven't already. Most of the RTW modders are over there now....
    High Plains Drifter