Thread: No thread for Ghost of Tsushima?

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Default No thread for Ghost of Tsushima?

I was surprised not to see a thread about Ghost of Tsushima here. Is it because it's a PS-exclusive game, so not as many have played it? I would have guessed there'd be some interest in it here.

I did play it, thoroughly enjoyed it, and found myself thinking what a nice RPG-Adventure to pair with STW and S2TW strategy for "Japaneezy" immersions.

So I'll leave this here for anyone who wants to comment about it. I'll add more later too if a discussion emerges.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: No thread for Ghost of Tsushima?

This game is high on my wishlist once I can finally get my hands on a PS5 - there's no PS5 stock anywhere around, so I guess maybe towards end of year / next year once prices stabilise and supply as well. (yes you can play it on a PS4 but why buy a PS4 now)

When the trailer came out I was very impressed by the fine details in the graphics, it looked atmospheric, which I really appreciated. Not that much of a fan of the fantasy stuff, but I'll go through it no problem to complete the game.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Default Re: No thread for Ghost of Tsushima?

I ended up buying a 4 pro right as the P5 was being released at a discount, specifically to play GoT and the Witcher 3. I'm about 6-8 years behind everyone, catching up on older games that are new to me, so the 4 Pro made sense as it was a vast improvement over the 360 I'd been nursing for years. The good part is I most often get the older great "A" games quite cheap, and all expansion packs included too. I find this to be a nice bonus for being behind.

GoT looks great on a 4 Pro, loads quite fast (compared to Witcher 3, ugh), and I had very few crashes. The fantasy stuff (ghosts, demons, monsters) has been limited to the multiplayer part of the game, which I haven't tried. The single-player story doesn't have much "fantasy" to it. The combat is really good--I think it easily rivals if not exceeds Witcher 3. The atmosphere is one of the game's strongest features. The story is very strong too, heavy with tragedy as Japanese tales tend to be.

I think it would have gotten a lot more exposure and praise had it not been exclusive to the PS series.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo