Ever since the creator went to steam and ditched boxed DVD's, I stopped buying TW games. It takes forever to download the steam and then a game, and I have no intention of paying a cent more for increased juice from my internet company, Comcast.

I begged for an 18th century TW game from the company, and my luck, when it finally came after years of waiting, it was on steam! No way!
I cursed the heavens and ate dirt when that happened. Then of course I notice there were other TW games being released via steam. Hey, I want to OWN games I buy, not "lease" the right to use them. You think downloading a massive game file is easy? You are wrong--I tried to download "Thrones of Britannia" last night and it said, "5 hours....." No way! What if a popup occurs while I am sleeping as it downloads?

To cut to the chase: Will anyone please tell me how to get this game without using steam? And don't bother writing, "It can't be done," or something like that, because I already had those responses from other game sites. There has to be somebody out there who can tell me how to acquire a copy of the game without steam. OR, I just thought of this: what if the game was programmed not to run unless it was a steam download! Oh, no! I hope that isn't the case.

Please don't tease me with sarcastic responses, just write back if you know how I can get Empire Total War without steam.