Thread: Campaign AI rarely besieges me

Post Campaign AI rarely besieges me

First off, thanks for the project. This mod is amazing. Turned a game I hardly play into one I play a lot.

I started a Hayasdan campaign on medium or hard, forget which. The AI seems overly passive. I get that rapidly expanding is an abusive strat, but I'm not doing that, just casually taking Seleukid and Ptolemaic settlements from time to time. They do attack my armies if they get too close, but they rarely ever besiege my cities, even if they're not well-defended. So I have little incentive to defend, and I can just focus on besieging them instead. In EBI, they besieged me a lot more, perhaps too much.

Is this just how the AI is, and I'm expected to bump it up to harder levels if I want more of a challenge? I figure the harder AI modes aren't really smarter, just given more money and such, so I don't think they'll besiege me more at those levels. Or is there maybe a problem with the scripts?
    Last edited by hot_gril; 03-12-2021 at 02:19.

Default Re: Campaign AI rarely besieges me

The aggression is slightly increased after turn 100, it keeps the Eleutheroi in the game a bit longer. You won't find endless waves like you did in EB1, you will face the full army of the faction at once, but even they take a few turns to face against you and find their way towards your lands. It usually takes about a year for the AI to build up a full army again because of winter recruitment.

The AI movements are sloppy compared to the player. They don't have much brain power to face many threats at once.

Always choose Hard Campaign so the AI is allowed to recruit mercenaries. The Unit morale is balanced for Medium Battle AI so harder difficulties will have them stay in battle longer and grind them selves away. You can try different battle difficulties. Some faction starts are also harder than others.