Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2427

Thread: Rampage Out of Space

Default Re: Rampage Out of Space

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt View Post
    I'm cool with that, as long as you do a brutal day murder to El tomorrow

Vote: El-ahrairah
    HK, can you explain how you went from "derpgate is real" to "let's yeet El please" on day two?

the progression is kinda confusing for me

specifically, I'm seeing not how you got to Laurentus didn't slip

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    I can believe pzelda used some kind of investigative power on me. I just don't believe that town had that investigative power.
    It's the implications for the SK that makes me think otherwise.
    this is actually severely worrying

scum Winston gets copped incorrectly and begins pushing zelda as SK

I'm surely off on a flight of fancy here, but...

I feel like it could actually be that both Lewwyn and pzelda are scum and Gnome is the sk.
    Amusingly, the best move would still be to chop Gnome.
    these are less worrying but still it's not the best reaction to being inspected

Quote Originally Posted by Vroendal View Post
    Winston is spewed town by pzelda's claim, either s!pzelda is lying and TMI'ing a town, t! pzelda got a genuine read, t! pzelda is lying (which would be the absolutely worst thing to do right here), or s! pzelda is protecting a scum-buddy from... only me, unlikely.

Lewwyn's ability seems unlikely to be faked and has no counter-claim, an ability that prevents kills is probably a more likely town-aligned ability.
    vro doesn't just accept the clear

I think he says something about Winston being town eventually on D5

HK, you don't speak a lot about Vro despite having him as a nominal scumlean

I think you speak loads more about nanook and panda

winston scumreads vro more when he's more in danger

HK scumreads vro less when he's more in danger

mad, bad, dangerous to know Member hollowkatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    I get real concerned that I want the wrong guy but also

1. HK knows that the only votes that matter are hammers and end of day
    2. I don't think that Winston commits this hard to having the most inaccurate read on Vro possible if teammed?
    I think you're wrong on me here. Tim knows that the only votes that matter are hammers and end of day. I on the other hand strongly advocate to always be voting, create a paper trail that can be tracked and understood, and that you can use shifts and vote history to track down non-town players.

You can check my games played and see that's true.

The winston post takes context, yeah? Vro was saying he pushed Winston b/c winston "has what I believed to be the clearest wolfy behavior from his lackluster posts throughout the day"

Here's the whole exchange
    Quote Originally Posted by Vroendal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin View Post
    Vro coming in swinging at whoever is handy is a stark contrast to the way El came in, as late arrivals go. Not gonna go spontaneous combustion about it, but noted.
    Yeah, gotta agree with Vro's response if only because I don't think that Winston is a easy target given thread dynamics.
    I didn't say "easy target," I said "whoever was handy." Arrive late, pick a fight with whoever is around, get credit for a lot of obvious activity without actually laying down much of anything in the way of reads or real content. El on the other hand came in and started immediately doing due diligence.
    Oh, so you're saying I was picking a fight with Winston specifically since he was in the thread at the time of my post. No, I pushed him because he has what I believe to be the clearest wolfy behavior from his lackluster posts throughout the day, making reading his posts purposefully harder by putting one and another language and needlessly stringing out reads into multiple posts, his stilted interactions with another suspicious player, and his lackadaisical vote and unvote on Rask.

I have difficulty analyzing this early and I struggle to articulate my reads, but that doesn't mean I'm making things up based on nothing. El seems like a good player and I respect his effort and playstyle, I can't be El though.
    I'm close to reading Vroe non-maf for this post.

The only thing stopping me is that Tim knows how prone I am to hard-townreading people who come at me like Vroe did.

Confidence says occam's razor; paranoia says leave a little asterisk.
    I think that's an easy post for a mate to make. It's got the town lean off of vros aggression, the built-in escape clause with the line about Tim, and then the conclusion is mealymouthed as well.
    I've seen posts like this from wolves before and have caught them off of it.

@Winston Hughes

talk to me about the moment that you accepted pzelda town

and when you realized that his ability was town

no I'm not talking about his flip

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

No, that wasn't all I did there. I also laid groundwork to get some town chops, but I did start thinking by the middle of D1 how I was going to end game solo based on how my pack mates were doing.

The question to ask here is: did vro interact mostly with his mates/people he knows b/c that was comforting to him or because he was afraid of spewing people town should he flip.
    I don't think he ever played like he thought he was in realistic danger of dying, even D5. The Borg kill on him seemed to catch him completely by surprise.
    The comfort thing was something I was considering. Maybe he pushes/votes Winston because he knows Winstons not really gonna do anything and he's more comfortable antagonizing a woof partner rather than some rando townie.

Does anyone here have experience playing with Vroe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

HK, can you explain how you went from "derpgate is real" to "let's yeet El please" on day two?

the progression is kinda confusing for me
    I thought he was wolfy in the way that he turned on me off of laurentus voting for me when I was the one pointing out to El that laurentus was playing weird.

HK, you don't speak a lot about Vro despite having him as a nominal scumlean

I think you speak loads more about nanook and panda
    probably yeah. All three of them have less posts about, addressed to, or concerning them than you, winston, pzelda, laurentus, borg do.
    Your point is?

probably yeah. All three of them have less posts about, addressed to, or concerning them than you, winston, pzelda, laurentus, borg do.
    Your point is?
    you never analyze him

like at all

he's a scum slot at first because you're sheeping pzelda. then he's lhf, then he's town because you're sheeping Laurentus that he derped. There's practically nothing talking about his content when you're making some stuff on d2 and d3 about nanook and panda's teammate equity with people.

And honestly, just from the Day Four last hour, I don't think it's Winston, and I think it's you.

Maybe Winston took a gamble that people would be convinced by the derp such that the defacto 5-4 wouldn't become 4-5.

But I don't think he did

you never analyze him

like at all

he's a scum slot at first because you're sheeping pzelda. then he's lhf, then he's town because you're sheeping Laurentus that he derped. There's practically nothing talking about his content when you're making some stuff on d2 and d3 about nanook and panda's teammate equity with people.

And honestly, just from the Day Four last hour, I don't think it's Winston, and I think it's you.

Maybe Winston took a gamble that people would be convinced by the derp such that the defacto 5-4 wouldn't become 4-5.

But I don't think he did
    yup, that's absolutely correct.

It's always easier to let someone else do the solving and then if that solving makes sense, follow it. If I thought it didn't make sense I wouldn't have done that.

@Winston Hughes

talk to me about the moment that you accepted pzelda town

and when you realized that his ability was town

no I'm not talking about his flip
    Without checking back, I don't recall there being a specific moment.

I remember being very suspicious of pzelda on d1, gradually feeling less so as time went on, then going back to being suspicious after the claim, before once again gradually feeling less so until I accepted him as solid town.

At least I think that's how it went. The sheer amount I've posted is making it hard for me to remember my progressions.

Do you want me to look back and try to establish more precisely how I got there?

Without checking back, I don't recall there being a specific moment.

I remember being very suspicious of pzelda on d1, gradually feeling less so as time went on, then going back to being suspicious after the claim, before once again gradually feeling less so until I accepted him as solid town.

At least I think that's how it went. The sheer amount I've posted is making it hard for me to remember my progressions.

Do you want me to look back and try to establish more precisely how I got there?
    not really

I personally think that it's mafiaesque to be sus of the guy claiming to greenpeak you if you aren't godfather

that's why I'm asking

HOST TALLY 6-1

Not Voting (4): Hollow, Dolby, Winston, Csargo

Movement

FYI votes are not locked.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

winston why was my process here believale?
    Reading the lead-up to this, the reason is clear enough:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There's at least one town here with absolutely horrendous takes

Also, yeah HK was the redacted individual I mentioned earlier that I thought had elevated SK potential
    jtbc I am not endorsing a vote there
    Who's the person with the most votes rn who isn't Vro or HK?
    Why? @NANOOK
    idk yet, but you, GG, El, and Nanook can't literally all be mafia.
    I don't care about Derpgate wrt to Laurentus's alignment. Either trying to fake not reading the OP for flips or actually didn't. Don't care about distinguishing between the two
    wait nvm

scrolled further and yeah it's bleh from Laurentus. Like HK and El for pointing it out
    from the way I've seen you interact with people, mainly ask questions without conclusions or much of a process independent of that, and the push on BP on D1 I think you'd flip scum
    I'm astounded if you can come ot that conclusion and also think that me and Tims aren't anti-aligned
    @Winston Hughes

When did El call IK town?
    ok, for some reason like 20 minutes earlier I thought that GG was sussing HK, and I just got that impression from my pre-skim
    @Montmorency

Can we get a vote count?
    fwiw the only time that I've won as SK was when I claimed survivor and just camped on my kill until F3

take that how you will
    I don't like your push on HK, as he was taking a bit of a more "followup on what others are saying" role in thread in the page before then, and he outright suggested that it was theater before El did.

Reading HK as following El there is a lazy read at best
    I actually liked your posting before that specific point (note, I also read your look at Tims reads wall to see what you had to see about me lol)

I don't think his take is bad. His revote on me I hate because he's not interacted with me substantially about me/Tims interactions. I feel that Tims was visibly kidna salty that my yeet was getting away. At best, he's comfbiased, at worst he's scum, but frankly, given how many people for me are null or below, and, well, Nanook, I'm not willing to full send on that.
    You know what

Vote:El

The process here is believable because as it moves across different topics and interactions, it shows a flow of thought that is consistent with trying to feel your way to some conclusion that you haven't decided in advance.

Vote: Hollowkatt

I think that Winston is just townier here. The things that I can really say he has going for him is the D4 vote and not clearing Vro on D5, as well as D1 interactions

I think I'll also say that I don't like HK's vote transitions off of Vroe on D2 or D4, or his attempt to state that Vro was clearer than Laurentus on D5

rps me mate

if it's winston blame me

Vote: Hollowkatt

I think that Winston is just townier here. The things that I can really say he has going for him is the D4 vote and not clearing Vro on D5, as well as D1 interactions

I think I'll also say that I don't like HK's vote transitions off of Vroe on D2 or D4, or his attempt to state that Vro was clearer than Laurentus on D5

rps me mate
    vote: dolby
    lets make this quick

not really

I personally think that it's mafiaesque to be sus of the guy claiming to greenpeak you if you aren't godfather

that's why I'm asking
    In this case, I think my suspicions were grounded on Laurentus' own concerns about his neighbour, and my sense that the game being "anxiety-driven and slightly bastard" might well involve a town power role being neighboured with a scum. I had assumed there were more town powers than there turned out to be, and was thinking there might be other neighbourised pairs, with the possibility of townies being paired with scum helping to spread the paranoia and anxiety more widely.

I don't recall the exact sequence of events, but for some period (possibly right up to his death; that whole part is a bit of a beery blur) I thought pzelda had suggested he needed other town powers to work with him to get the fully reliable investigation.

you do realize we're going to lose to wolf winston right?

fuck it, vote: winston

you can come along dolby or not idc

The problem for hk is that yesterday blew up in his face. It wasn't just a bad day, it was disastrous. He was caught thinking untownie thoughts again and again, and struggled to put anything remotely weighty on the other side of the scale. I was smacking him so hard at points it almost felt cruel, but he just didn't have the townie juice to come back at me with any kind of fire. I have to respect his granite jaw, and the sheer bloody-mindedness he showed in keeping up the act. But I have no doubt at all that a town hk would have been swinging back at me, instead of just holding his gloves up and waiting for the bell.

vote: hk

The problem for hk is that yesterday blew up in his face. It wasn't just a bad day, it was disastrous. He was caught thinking untownie thoughts again and again, and struggled to put anything remotely weighty on the other side of the scale. I was smacking him so hard at points it almost felt cruel, but he just didn't have the townie juice to come back at me with any kind of fire. I have to respect his granite jaw, and the sheer bloody-mindedness he showed in keeping up the act. But I have no doubt at all that a town hk would have been swinging back at me, instead of just holding his gloves up and waiting for the bell.
    I'm not sure I mixed my metaphors enough here.

Dolby, dolby dolby. It's simple. Elementary, even. If you open your heart, your mind, nay - your very soul, the truth will come to you. Philosophers debated this question in the great forums of Athens, but even they were too closed-minded to understand the truth. The greatest thinkers of the modern era have grappled with this question. Hobbes, Locke, Descartes, Nietzche, Einstein, Watterson - all have buckled under the weight of the intellectual burden, because they too did not understand the truth.

My villager alignment is not something you learn - it's something you already know

Member thankful for this post:

Philosophical lolcatting?

You are truly a prince among scumbags, hk.

Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081 LastLast